Babies on the Brain

Newlyweds and Babies

My husband and I have been married for a little over 4 months, and have babies on the brain. We've talked about TTC in a few months. We've decided that I'll just stop taking BC and then whatever happens happens. We've looked at our budget, and there's enough extra to take care of a little one. But we are still trying to decide if it's the right time, since we are still newlyweds. Is anyone in this boat? Where you want to try to have a baby, but sometimes your judgement gets in the way? Any advice on how to not be so baby craved?

Re: Newlyweds and Babies

• DH and I have been married 9 months and we started ttc imediaely.  I'm 30 and he is 31 and we have been together for 4 years.  I think it's different for everyone, but we started ttc right away because of our age.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• My rule was always that we would wait till we could buy a house, but I have become so baby crazy that I have relaxed that rule a bit. My gyno told me I probably have PCOS and after DH and I had talked about it, we decided I will come off BC after our one year anniversary and see what happens. We are in the process of saving for a house so in the mean time we are not really trying, but not preventing either. We also are about to buy a new truck we refer to as our "baby hauler." We would have needed something that was a bit more family friendly and this deal was too good to pass up! Age definitely plays a role in it, so depending on how old you are, you may want to start TTC. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It is different for each couple.

We were married for 5 months before getting pregnant with DD#1.

Good luck! 

• Thank you guys for your responses! You make me feel like I'm not the only one feeling this way. My husband and I are 8 years apart and sometimes you can totally tell. His friends have all started families and I'm the first one in my friends to be married. It's so hard to have someone to talk to about it, other than my husband... I'm so happy that I found this blog and have people to relate to. 

We have been settled in our house for about a year- and have made it through everything that could go wrong with buying a house. We've finally got our house where we want it to be and those bills paid off to where we can start considering starting a family. When we talk about it, some days we are totally up for it right away, and other times we talk about enjoying it being "just us". But it's so hard to fight the urges of wanting a family and to experience motherhood. I know if I could push the urge to wait just a little bit longer, it'd be worth it.. but we've already been waiting a year, and it just gets to the point where I just want to start now. 

• I'm glad we waited and had a year together before getting pregnant with the boys. Yes we had DD already but we were pretty used to her and it wasn't a big deal. DH would have thought I was the most terrible wife ever had it not been for that year because I was so sick I was useless in every way. I say wait a year but every one had their own opinion and that's just mine!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got married a little over a month ago and we are going to TTC next month! We've been together 5 years and we both are just ready for that next chapter in our lives. I think everyone is different. If you're both ready then why not! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"