Pre-School and Daycare

Discipline tactics

DS is generally a good boy. Trying to come up with a solution for his "freshness" and back talk. He's got an answer for everything and contradicts everything I say. Any tactics to help this? Or books to read up on? My patience is thinking lately, prob due to pregnancy hormones and heat here in NY.
TIA
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Discipline tactics

• w/ in the past month 2 DD has been very rude, it's mostly her tone, so I'm not too sure how to address it either.  It's starting to irritate me so I've been telling her that's not a nice way to talk, I talk to her about how she would feel if I spoke to her like that.  If she is asking me to do something I won't do it until she asks me nicely.  She also seems to be messing around when she does it, because she often has a little smirk.  At 1st I was playing into it and joking back with her, but it's just gotten old so I make sure she knows every time she's rude that I don't find it funny and it seems to be helping a bit.
  • Someone on this board (sorry, i don't remember who to give credit to), introduced the simple phrase, "try again." Which I have found works really well for instances when the boys are being rude, talking back or not asking nicely. You just say, "try again" and give them another opportunity to ask/interact in an appropriate manner. Two thumbs up to the suggester of this.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethismuch:
    Someone on this board (sorry, i don't remember who to give credit to), introduced the simple phrase, "try again." Which I have found works really well for instances when the boys are being rude, talking back or not asking nicely. You just say, "try again" and give them another opportunity to ask/interact in an appropriate manner. Two thumbs up to the suggester of this.  

This.  I used to eitehr script back to them what they 'should' be saying or would say something like 'ask me again in a nicer way' or something like that, etc but I have started using try again b/c it puts the onus on them to figure out what my issue was w/ what they said & how to do it in a better way.

• imagegroovygrl:

imagethismuch:
    Someone on this board (sorry, i don't remember who to give credit to), introduced the simple phrase, "try again." Which I have found works really well for instances when the boys are being rude, talking back or not asking nicely. You just say, "try again" and give them another opportunity to ask/interact in an appropriate manner. Two thumbs up to the suggester of this.  

This.  I used to eitehr script back to them what they 'should' be saying or would say something like 'ask me again in a nicer way' or something like that, etc but I have started using try again b/c it puts the onus on them to figure out what my issue was w/ what they said & how to do it in a better way.

this

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagethismuch:

This is what I was going to recommend as well.  I use it when DD has a whiny tone or if she forgets to say 'please'. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"