June 2013 Moms

sleeping through the night

I'm pretty sure someone posted about this a few days ago, but I'm too lazy to find it.  My LO is 4.5 weeks old, 11.5 lbs, EBFing, and still sleeping 3.5 to 4 hour stretches at night.  Not that I am complaining because at least she is sleeping well at night, but I keep reading posts from other saying their LOs are sleeping 6 to 8 hours through the night. *rubs jealous sleepy eyes* So a quick poll... 

How old?

BF or FF?

weight?  

How long do they sleep at night?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: sleeping through the night

• How old? 5 weeks tomorrow

BF or FF? BF

weight?  8lbs? was 7lbs5oz at 2 week check up and is a slow gainer.

How long do they sleep at night? 4 hours at a time is about the longest consistent stretch.  He has slept 8 pm to 1:30am once but I am not holding my breath on that happening again for a while.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 6 weeks old

Breastmilk only

I don't know how much she weighs.. She weighed 8lbs on the 1st. My guess is under 9 but close to it.

Sleeps a 7hour stretch wakes up eats goes back to.sleep for a 4 hour stretch then does every 2 to 3 hours during the day
  • Loading the player...
  • How old? 9 weeks

BF or FF? BF

weight? Probably right around 9 lbs

How long do they sleep at night? She's been sleeping average 7 hours the last week. 9 hours night before last!
  • How old? 10 weeks

BF or FF? EBF

weight?  12 lbs 12 oz as of 7/10 at his 2 month appt

He falls asleep between 7-8pm, dream feed at 10:30-11ish before I go to sleep. 

Some nights are better than others but he generally wakes up 1-2x a night, but nurses and goes right back to sleep. Normally at 2:30am and then sometimes at 4:30-5am.

We are normally awake for the day by 8am, and then he naps again by 10am. 

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • 4 weeks today.
    Ebf
    longest stretch is 6 hours.
    He goes to bed at 9. Up between 11 and 1130 pm. Then up between 5 or 530 am.
    He's 8 lbs 7 oz as of a few days ago.

• jefkjefk member

DD is 5 weeks.

She eats breastmilk by way of me EPing.

Weight was 10lbs 3oz at her 1-month appt, so maybe closer to 10-8 by now?

She sleeps in 3.5-4 hour blocks at night, typically waking between 1-2am and 4-5am.  Longest she ever went was 5 hours - can't wait til we hit that number every night!

Sounds like she's on track with the other 5 weekers :) 

• 7 weeks

Bottle fed but only BM.

Probably around 11 lbs.

He was only going two hours in between. Just in the last week or so has he started stretching out. He usually eats a big meal around 8, then dream feeds around 10. Sleeps until about 3 and then sleeps until we get him up to go daycare. Some days we feed him before we leave, other days he eats after we drop him off.

CJ 05/29/2013

• 4w

8lb 11

EBF

Sleeps in about 3hr stretches at night.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • How old? 4 and a half weeks

BF or FF? BF but sometimes supplement with formula

weight? 10 pounds

How long do they sleep at night? Usually goes 4 hours, every now and then 5 hours and then wakes up to eat between 3 to 4, 5 to 7, and then is up at 7 to 8.

• AchaeAchae member
    6 weeks

Bf

Just had our first six hour last night! Granted she used me as a a pacifier for about three hours straight, so it was a very nice break! Otherwise she does four hours at night.

No idea how much she weighs. 8 lbs? Maybe? She's allllmost out of her newborn clothes and diapers.
  • My LO is 5 weeks and he's EBF. He is sleeping about 7 hours on a good night. But consistently 5 to 6 hours. I swaddle him at night so that he doesn't wake himself up.
    Anyone else having a hard time figuring out if they are hungry after the long stretch! He takes it but suck less and falls back asleep!
    He's eating well through the day so I'm not too worried!
  • It was me that posted this a couple days ago. I feel your exhaustion my LO is ebf and 6 weeks old he weighs about 9 and a half pounds I would guess. He wakes up every 3 hours consistently through the night and is a very noisy sleeper so the sleep I do get is not very deep. He grunts all night in his sleep and I've tried letting him sleep in his room but the grunts wake me up through the monitor as well and if I turn it down lower I'm afraid I will sleep through his cries so for now I'm just trying to nap during the day. This won't last forever GL
    Ps my LO ha growth restriction at the end of my pregnancy and was taken 10 days early so I think he's making up for lost time and an thankful he is packing on the pounds!
  • 8 weeks

breastfed

probably 8 lbs or so but hasn't been weighed since 5 1/2 weeks old

She generally eats every hour and a half to 2 hours during daylight. At night, by 10pm she is asleep and will go anywhere between 3-6 hours asleep- generally 4 to 5 hours though. She wakes up around 2-4 am, usually, eats and falls fast asleep, then up again around 5-7am, eats and falls asleep till 9am or so then we are up. It helps her at night to keep the lights off even for feeding and diapering.

image image

• Mine is the same as you. 4 wks EBF 11 lbs 5 oz. One 4 hour stretch followed by one 3 hour.
  • Ha I'm right there with ya, OP.

Almost 4 wks, EBF, almost 8 lbs at her 2 wk apt, and the longest stretch she has gone is 4.5 hours through the night - usually it is between 2.5 and 3.5 though. 

• How old?
    Almost 4 weeks

BF or FF?
    Both

weight?
    Not really sure. About 8lbs I think.

4 hours usually. The past 2 nights, not so much.
  • skioskio member
    She's 4w today, probably about 11lbs, EBF'd, sleeps one 5 hour stretch at the beginning of the night [usually 11 to 4 or so] then likes to stay awake for an hour, then will usually give us a 2 to 3 hour stretch once she falls asleep again.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • He will be 5 weeks on Monday

EBF

10 lbs 6 oz

4 - 6 hour stretch then a 2nd 2 - 3 hour stretch. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

• DS has on and off been sleeping through the night.

Started at 3 weeks.

He is BF.

He was 10 lbs exactly at his month checkup.  So he probably started at 9 1/2 lbs.

He sleeps 6 - 7 hr stretches.  But when he wakes up - even if its at 4am, he doesn't go back to sleep! :)  But I am NOT complaining! 

• 4 weeks
    Ebf
    A bit over 11lbs
    We regularly get 5 to 6hr stretches and have only randomly gotten a few 8 and 7 hr stretches...

• How old? LO is almost 7 weeks

BF or FF? EBF

weight? Somewhere around 12.5lbs according to the bathroom scale

How long do they sleep at night? The longest stretch of sleep that *I've* gotten was 4 hours - so maybe 5 hours between feeds?  But he's only done that twice.  For the most part it's about 3 hours between feeds.

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • 6 weeks, 1 day
    EBF
    On Thursday he weighed 11 lb 13.4 oz
    Sleeping about 6 hours, then 3 hrs. Eats about every 3 hrs during the day cluster feeds every 2 hrs 48.

Bedtime is between 89, first wake up is usually around 2:303:30, then 5:306:30 and then back to bed.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 4 weeks old, guessing he weights around 10 pounds, BF.

He usually eats around 9:30, asleep around 10:30.  He'll sleep until some time between 3:30 and 5, and then usually go back to sleep for another couple of hours. 

• 7 weeks old

Breastfed

12ish pounds

Usually get a 5 hour stretch, up to change diaper and eat, down for 3-4 more hours. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Almost 4 weeks
    Breast milk out of a bottle
    He was 8 and a half pounds at his 2 week checkup but he is chubbing up for sure
    4 or 5 hours at most
  • 7 weeks

ff

I am guessing about 12lbs

I got 10 hours last night but usually 7-8 

• LiLi23LiLi23 member
    DS is 3 weeks old

BF

Not sure what he weighs, but two weeks ago he was a few ounces shy of his 7/15 birth weight. My guess is closer to 8.5 now.

He will give me as much as 4 hours in between feeds overnight but it's mostly 2 to 3 hours.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• How old? 4 weeks on monday

BF or FF? BF

weight? Not sure probably around 9 pounds

How long do they sleep at night? 21/2 to 3 hours
  • 5 weeks

BF

8lbs

4 to 5 hrs

• how old: 5weeks

both, BF and supplementing

weight:9lbs3oz

how long: so far, only slept 3 to 4 hours straight on a good nite, but mostly we are going about 2hours sadly 

• 3 weeks

EBF

A little over 9 lbs

She usually sleeps one 4 hr stretch at night and then 3 hrs the rest of the time. My LC said I still need to be waking her up in the night to eat until she is 4 weeks. I'm curious to see how long she'll sleep when I can just let her be.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Wow. I'm really surprised by all these people getting long stretches from their LOs.

Connor is 5 weeks. He is usually down by 10 or 11. Sometimes I get a 4 hour stretch but the norm is up every 3 hours. He weighed 10.7 at his one month appointment, so I'd say he is close to 11 now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Almost 7 weeks

EBF

Over 12 lbs

Sleeps a 5 hour stretch then two 3 hour stretches until we're up for the day.

• rzurbrrzurbr member

How old? 2.5 weeks

BF or FF? BF

weight?  7 lbs 5.4 oz at last weight check...still working on gaining back her birth weight

How long do they sleep at night?  Mostly in 2-3 hour stretches but occasionally we can get a 5 hour stretch in at night.  During the day she is usually hungry between 2-2.5 hour stretches.

• nnjjnnjj member
    Almost 4 weeks 11lbs BF Wakes up once or sleeps through the night....we are lucky
  • 7 weeks old
    EBF
    I think about 11 pounds
    Normally he goes down between 10 and 11 and does a 5-6 hour stretch. Then after that its anywhere from 2-3 hour stretches.
    image         image

• rzurbrrzurbr member

How old? 3 Weeks 2 Days

BF or FF?BF

weight?  7 lbs 9.9 oz on Tuesday (finally back to birth weight)

How long do they sleep at night? Some nights we can get up to 4-5 hours and others like right now just 2-2.5 hours because she is going through a growth spurt

• How old? 5w2d
    Weight? 13lbs 3oz
    How long do they sleep at night? MAX 3 hours, but more like 1.5-2

I'm super jelly of all you guys!! I have the fattest baby and the least amount of sleep smh

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • jennOKjennOK member
    5 weeks 1 day

FF

6 lb. 7 oz. last Friday. I'm guessing close to 7 now.

He doesn't sleep well at all. We are only getting 2 to three hours tops out of him right now.
  • How old? 4 weeks

BF or FF? BF i just tried a formula bottle to see if it would fill him up more but i dont think it worked

weight?  over 9 pounds i think

How long do they sleep at night? My longest stretch so far is 4-1/2 hours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"