Baby Showers

Holy Crud, A DD of a DD post?

So OP posted about wanting to throw her own shower.  Compared throwing her own shower to having "Test Tube Babies".  DD'd post.  

Posted a NEW post about having DD'd other post.  Continued to be a major twit in second post, digging hole deeper and deeper.   DD'd second post.  

Wow, that's a new record.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: Holy Crud, A DD of a DD post?

• Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Must have been in the OP which I would have seen had she not DD'd it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoa, I must have missed the part where she wasn't even pregnant yet.  And you're already planning your own baby shower?! That's a special kind of crazy.  
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh for the love of God. Seriously? edit: I think the internet is not the place for that OP. If you can't handle the flaming in one post, then what makes you think you can handle it in another. 

Also, the test tube baby comment was heinous. Logic is clearly not her strong suit.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Bring a baby home from the hospital and you miss all the good stuff...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• image2013mommy:
    I'm not really surprised! That whole thing was ridiculous but especially the comment in the OP where she said she would burst into tears if it wasn't perfect. When did showers become like weddings?!

When people become such egomaniacs to think that everything they do in their life needs to thrust them into the permanent center of the world for all of their friends and family.   If you're crying over imperfections in parties (yes, even in weddings), your sense of priorities need re-adjusted. 

• image2013mommy:
    I'm not really surprised! That whole thing was ridiculous but especially the comment in the OP where she said she would burst into tears if it wasn't perfect. When did showers become like weddings?!

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's okay to burst into tears over your every little detail of your wedding being perfect either.   

Anniversary 
  • What a bizarre thing to even think about when you're not even pregnant yet. When I was TTC, there was certainly a lot on my mind, but baby shower planning was way off my radar!

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I missed all of this, but I often wonder how often the people who are worried about their own showers have offered to throw a 'perfect' one for their friends? Don't you need to give one to expect to receive one?
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageEmpireceo:

image2013mommy:

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's okay to burst into tears over your every little detail of your wedding being perfect either.   

I am soooo with you on this. To me, Wedding >>>>>> Shower (of any kind), and I still don't think it's worth it to get into a tizzy over your wedding. So long as the bride, groom, minister, and two witnesses show up to sign the license (and nobody gets obnoxiously drunk or commits a felony), all should be considered perfect. Heck, at my brother's wedding, the minister was an hour late. The show went on, with one of my brother's friend stepping in as "officiant" for show. When the minister showed up in the middle of the reception (he thought the wedding was at 5, when it was actually at 4), they pulled the wedding party and immediately family out onto the balcony to do the official ceremony. My SIL tells the story with a laugh in her voice, and they're just as married now as they would be if the minister had been on time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"