September 2012 Moms
Options

Help me respond to stupidity

So I was added to a mom group on facebook and I have remained a member mainly for entertainment purposes. Don't judge. I don't live a very exciting life. I normally don't post, I just read the crazy. However I feel the need to respond to this post about car seats and when to forward face. Here it is:

I had always out my kids ( oldest son and daughter ) forward facing once they could sit up un supoorted. Never listening to weight liimits and such.. My 9 month daughter now, just got her BIG girl carseat.. We just did it this past weekend. The carseat said 22+ pounds forward facing. She's not quite 22 pounds but she likes it and looks very safe in it.. Rear facing till 2? That to me is crazy!!!! I find it weird for a ONE year old to be rear facing..

Ummmm.... WTF. Is there even a way to respond to that tactfully? Help me out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help me respond to stupidity

• Options

If it were me, I would be inclined to say something to make myself look irrational, so I would just point her to something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8mFsXNXOLw

Or, research on forward facing too soon. 

ETA: Something like this may make more of an impact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    That disgusts me. I can't even.

I'm not a fan of FF at 1 year, but 9 months??
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here's what I would do: Grab some popcorn and sit back and watch the show.  The other mom's in that group are going to eat her alive.  If you want to contribute, throw in something like what PP posted.  Mom's like that aren't likely going to change just because of what some people on the internet say though so I wouldn't waste my time.  Its so sad for those kids, I hope nothing happens to them :(

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options

imageHolly_1007:
    Here's what I would do: Grab some popcorn and sit back and watch the show.  The other mom's in that group are going to eat her alive.  If you want to contribute, throw in something like what PP posted.  Mom's like that aren't likely going to change just because of what some people on the internet say though so I wouldn't waste my time.  Its so sad for those kids, I hope nothing happens to them :(

Two moms in the group have already liked her post. I can't believe it. And her justification is that she looks safe. Someone did finally say it's against the law but still.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BPerBPer member

I'm hoping those women will tear her apart. MIL's best friend's daughter frequently liked to comment on the fact that I continued to use our nap nanny (always as directed, and supervised) even after it was recalled.

Then, she posted a picture of all three of her kids FF on Facebook. Only 1 was over the age of 2, and her baby had JUST turned 1 the day before. It took all of my willpower not to throw some snark her way. 

• Options
    Umm... If you live in a proper use state she is breaking the law, regardless of anyone's opinion on how safe it looks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageanitalynn:
    imageAKB090609:
    Umm... If you live in a proper use state she is breaking the law, regardless of anyone's opinion on how safe it looks.
    Is she this flippant about safety in other ways? FFSC: I might consider reporting her to child services.

And I would high five you for doing so.

You can't fix stupid. If they get in an accident... I can't even. That makes me so sad and upset.  

Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    I can"t get past the spelling errors!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Give her the link to the Car seats for the littles FB group.   Those women will set her straight and then some. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KTC926KTC926 member
    Stupid doesn't cover it. I would report her for the child's sake.
  • Options
    rarazzrarazz member
    imageAlinnJo:

So I was added to a mom group on facebook and I have remained a member mainly for entertainment purposes. Don't judge. I don't live a very exciting life. I normally don't post, I just read the crazy. However I feel the need to respond to this post about car seats and when to forward face. Here it is:

I had always out my kids ( oldest son and daughter ) forward facing once they could sit up un supoorted. Never listening to weight liimits and such.. My 9 month daughter now, just got her BIG girl carseat.. We just did it this past weekend. The carseat said 22+ pounds forward facing. She's not quite 22 pounds but she likes it and looks very safe in it.. Rear facing till 2? That to me is crazy!!!! I find it weird for a ONE year old to be rear facing..

Ummmm.... WTF. Is there even a way to respond to that tactfully? Help me out.

honestly Im a bit of a bish when it comes to this so I would give here this link. It is the video from a funeral of an 18 mo who was forward facing and internally decapitaed. It may have saved his life if he was rear facing still. This is the real risk. Not external injuries but internal.

(WARNING this is a real funeral of an 18mo it is horrifically sad and don't watch if you don't want to cry)

Orginal September 2012 Mom
    #1 Alice born 9/12 born after 2 1/2 years on infertility
    #2 Loss 12/15
    Ttc #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"