August 2012 Moms

What "kid" words do you hate?

SFM: What "kid" words do you hate?

I've always hated the word "booboo" for when a kid gets hurt. I don't know why, but it makes me cringe.
SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What "kid" words do you hate?

• Night night as in time to go night night.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Boo boo is what my sister called BFing for my nephew. He'd point to bewbs, and say it. When someone asked him if he had a "boo boo" he looked so confused!

I can't currently think of my own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    Night night as in time to go night night.

I say this all the time!

I can't think of any I hate. I'm probably guilty of a lot of them. I try to call objects the correct word though so bottle is bottle or milk.
  • Nene's Nanas calls her Boo Boo and I hate it. When she was little she thought she was talking about poop.
  • I hate any word for bottle other than bottle and anything other than paci or pacifier (like sucky, no-no, husher, plug, binky)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemindymaske:
    I hate any word for bottle other than bottle and anything other than paci or pacifier like sucky, nono, husher, plug, binky

I love binky! Now that he actually doesn't have a binky. The round kind is technically a binky. It's taking me a lot to remember to call it a paci.
  • Baba for bottle, paci, binky, or sucky for pacifier. I also really hate the word bo bo for private area.
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    Night night as in time to go night night.

Lol. I say this all the time.
    I generally hate made up words for the pacifier. DSs is soothe because its actually called soothie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Potty. As in I have to go potty. Yuck.

Although, now that I have a little one potty training, well we use it a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeredithcole:
    I don't like baba or my mom's term "bot" for bottle.

Oh gawd me either!! I can't stand "sheeshee" as in urinate
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Nothing really bothers me in this department, except when DH purposely says stuff like "a-sposed" instead of "supposed" when he says "you're not a-sposed to do that." That bugs me.

But IMO, we only have babies/toddlers for 3 years, then they get all big on us. I don't see the big deal with using cutesy words while they are small.

• imagenobadwriting:
    I don't mind shortened versions of words like paci for pacifier. I do hate completely made up words, like DH's parents call the pacifier a nuni. . . Or noony? I don't even know how you would spell that. I have a friend who calls it a soosoo. Susu? Ugh I just hate it.

My DH's family calls pacifiers Bibby's. drives me nuts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My mom says "paci." It makes me cringe. I call it a binky or a pacifier.
  • Front butt.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• amaiteamaite member
    imageBaker_Bride:
    Front butt.

What?! People say that?

I don't like pipi or peepee, however it is spelled for penis.
  • I don't really like the word kid for talking about a baby. Not all the time it depends on how the person uses it. Like when I was pregnant with my first my BIL came with a message from his FI. "Your kid isn't allowed at the wedding."
    On the flip side. I love that DD1 calls her dress up shoes tick tock shoes. I think it's so cute, at this point I should probably correct her. Haha!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • This one won't make anyone's list but for us it's "stories". Everytime DD makes a peep, MIL says in sing songy voice "Tell me your stories, are you telling stories, tell me a story!!!" Every time. Like there is no other response available in the English language. It grates my last nerve! I make a point never to say it. That and "cootchie".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Potty.

It just sound ridiculous

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"