High-Risk Pregnancy

Anemia

Have any of you ladies had issues or problems with being anemic while pregnant? When I was told I had GD I was also told I was anemic again, my level was 5.. And the nurse and dietician didn't really go into details or say anything informative. I've been trying to do my own research.

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and I totally forgot to ask her about it so I just got off the phone with the secretary who told me she is away till Friday. My next appointment is Tuesday, so it's not to far off. I did my GD test later than it should have been done, around 32 weeks, so I guess I'm freaking myself out about everything seeing as how I now have 4 weeks left. Any suggestions about ANYTHING?!?

Also, I weighed myself at the appointment yesterday and I have lost 8 pounds since last weeks appointment. It could have to do with the GD diet but that only puts me at gaining roughly 6 pounds this pregnancy which doesn't make any sense. Agh, completely frustrated
photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

Re: Anemia

• I was anemic by 8 weeks with both pregnancies ( twin loss &  now singleton). Both times I was prescribed Ferralet (iron supp). My understanding is that your little one will get the iron they need, it is you who will be depleted. Anemia in pregnancy is quite common so hang in there until you get some instructions- if any at this stage.

Congrats on being so close! 

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
    Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
    IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
    12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
    SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
    ~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

• Are you thinking you're feeling badly because of the Anemia?

I have been diagnosed and take a slow release iron supplement.  Until you see your doctor, you could try to up your intake or iron rich foods.  I did "green smoothies" with a crap ton of Kale in them, but I don't know how fruits and stuff work into a GD diet plan. Green leafy veggies, red meat, egg yolks, artichokes are all things I try to work into my diet when I can. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageilovetolaugh:
    Are you thinking you're feeling badly because of the Anemia?I have been diagnosed and take a slow release iron supplement.nbsp; Until you see your doctor, you could try to up your intake or iron rich foods.nbsp; I did "green smoothies" with a crap ton of Kale in them, but I don't know how fruits and stuff work into a GD diet plan. Green leafy veggies, red meat, egg yolks, artichokes are all things I try to work into my diet when I can.nbsp;

Yes. I just wasn't quite sure how it affected the baby, and knowing so late in the pregnancy about everything it I feel I should have known sooner.

I bought parafer and will give those a go. I have thought I've even eating tons of iron enriched foods. I love eggs in the morning.. Salads.. Steak for sure lol, and I've obviously been taking prenatals but I guess what I've been doing isn't enough. I will have to wait till Tuesday I guess
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • imageKatieR2310:
    imageilovetolaugh:
    Are you thinking you're feeling badly because of the Anemia?I have been diagnosed and take a slow release iron supplement.nbsp; Until you see your doctor, you could try to up your intake or iron rich foods.nbsp; I did "green smoothies" with a crap ton of Kale in them, but I don't know how fruits and stuff work into a GD diet plan. Green leafy veggies, red meat, egg yolks, artichokes are all things I try to work into my diet when I can.nbsp;
    Yes. I just wasn't quite sure how it affected the baby, and knowing so late in the pregnancy about everything it I feel I should have known sooner. I bought parafer and will give those a go. I have thought I've even eating tons of iron enriched foods. I love eggs in the morning.. Salads.. Steak for sure lol, and I've obviously been taking prenatals but I guess what I've been doing isn't enough. I will have to wait till Tuesday I guess

If you have it, Metamucil will help with the constipation the supplements are sure to bring on. I do it 2 to 3 times a day.  

• 3 weeks ago i was told i am anemic, and they put me on a slow release iron supplement and had me incr my iron intake through diet, but I hear I have been lucky that I have not had constipation. I was also just diagnosed with GD at 31 weeks, but green leafy veggies, beans, and protein from steak should be within the GD diet easily. Watch the carbs on anything you are consuming for added iron.

Agree with PP, my OB said the baby will get the iron they need, but you will be the one depleted, adding to tiredness and possibly lightheadedness, which can be intensified with sugar fluctuations from GD. Take care of yourself so you have the strength you need to deliver in the next month or so!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"