May 2013 Moms
Options

dream feed?

Can someone explain dream feeding? Is it just feeding LO before they wake up? LO was STTN... 9 or 10ish til 5 or 6ish but now he stirs about 2 but goes back down with a pacifier and white noise, then wakes again about 4 for food. I'd love to get that extra hour or two back. I can deal with 5, even every day. But 4am is getting tough, now that I am back to work. Thanks!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: dream feed?

• Options
    I would try a dream feed when he stirs at 2, and it may keep him from getting up at 4. You just feed him while he's still asleep.
  • Options
    KLJ3KLJ3 member
    My understanding of a dream feed is that you just feed them where they are [crib, bassinet, etc.] unless you have to move them to breastfeed. No burps and no diaper changes.

My LO never even opens his eyes for the dream feed, but he is bottle fed and I don't have to move him. I definitely feel like it gets us a couple extra hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKateRN08:
    imageKLJ3:
    My understanding of a dream feed is that you just feed them where they are [crib, bassinet, etc.] unless you have to move them to breastfeed. No burps and no diaper changes.

My LO never even opens his eyes for the dream feed, but he is bottle fed and I don't have to move him. I definitely feel like it gets us a couple extra hours.

How do you give a bottle without moving him? I thought you weren't supposed to give bottle when's while they are lying down like that.

That's my question, too...
  • Options
    KLJ3KLJ3 member
    imageKateRN08:
    imageKLJ3:

How do you give a bottle without moving him? I thought you weren't supposed to give bottle when's while they are lying down like that.

I don't move him out of the crib, but I do move his head so that he is facing upward. I only give him a couple ounces, mostly because I don't want to push it.

I've read that there's a greater risk of ear infection, but we haven't had any problems thus far.

I don't dream feed him every night. It's usually just the nights where he's gone to sleep too early and doesn't wake up for his regular 9:30 feeding [if he doesn't get that feeding, he's up at 1 or 2am]. I think dream feeds are supposed to happen between 10 and 11, according to the Baby Whisperer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"