Baby Showers

S/O Poor thank you etiquette

I don't post often, but I just had to share this. We went to a coworker's wedding last month and brought a card with 50 cash because they asked for cash only ON THEIR INVITE but that's a whole other story...anyway this is the thank you we got verbatim:

Thank you for coming to our special day. It was great to see you guyz. It was also a special treat to see the baby too.
Love, bride and groom

No "dear lizbiz and dh," and yes, guys was spelled with a z. But the worst part? No mention of our card or gift. Wtf is wrong with people? I know they got it because I put it right in the card box as soon as we got there. Soooo rude! I thought you ladies would enjoy though!

Re: S/O Poor thank you etiquette

• The thank you doesn't surprise me since they demanded cash on the invite.  I'm assuming they turned around and paid the caterer with it all.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• I don't think this is really "WTF" worthy. You chose to give fifty bucks cash, the the bride did write a thank you card. Spelling "guyz" isn't my style, but it doesn't make the bride a terrible person.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    I don't think this is really "WTF" worthy. You chose to give fifty bucks cash, the the bride did write a thank you card. Spelling "guyz" isn't my style, but it doesn't make the bride a terrible person.

I think the problem is they didn't acknowledge the receipt of the gift. What if it somehow got lost? The thank you is too ambiguous.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I would passive agressively double check that they got it. Just make sure they got your card and say, "since it was cash and not a check I just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost." If they ask if you got the thank you, say, "yeah, but it didn't mention a gift."

I get that people think mentioning cash on a thank you is awkward and sometimes don't realize how to do it, but it actually might be worth finding out if they got it. 

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"