Late Term and Child Loss

TTCAL CheckIn

Welcome to TTCAL CheckIn!

I hope I can find you all well and positive this week! Please don't be shy in asking the PGAL/PAL ladies questions if you have them. Lots of baby dust on all of you!

Where are you in your TTCAL journey?

Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming?

QOTW: What are some fears you have dealt with while deciding to TTC? What has helped to ease those fears so that you are ready to TTCAL?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: TTCAL CheckIn

• Where are you in your TTCAL journey? CD 8, cyle 3 post-loss

Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming? My preconception check-up with a new midwives group on the 26th.  Nervous wasn't open to midwives before but I'm hoping for a completely different birthing experience this time around.

QOTW: What are some fears you have dealt with while deciding to TTC? What has helped to ease those fears so that you are ready to TTCAL?
    So fearful that we will go through another devastating loss after an uneventful pregnancy and then a surprise after the baby is born that they have a condition that they can not live with.  Some things that I have done to ease the fears is just exercising, eating healthy and trying not to stress.  Just changing things that I know are in my control and trying not to worry about things that are not in my control.
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I have been so ready to Ovulate!  I can't wait til this weekend and hopefully we can make some baby magic happen. :-)  I'm a little worried though because AF came about 4 days early this cycle and I haven't had that happen before so hopefully this will be a normal cycle.  I have bought an OPK kit and will start using it on Saturday.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Where are you in your TTCAL journey?

Well, I have jumped back into the TTC game. The last two cycles we have NPNT. [Secretly, I have really been trying] This will be cycle 3, I'm currently CD10.

Nope.

I am so so SO scared that I just got really lucky with Z. I feel like I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop and that I am pushing my luck hoping for another baby. Right now my track record is 50,50. In my opinion, not great odds. I keep reminding myself that I have a wonderful OB that I love and I know that she will do anything I ask to help ease my mind when I get pg again.

DH is kind of back and forth about wanting another baby right now. He gets so stressed about finances. We can make it work but he is still stressed. I just want so badly to give Z a living sibling!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrs Nice:
    DH is kind of back and forth about wanting another baby right now. He gets so stressed about finances. We can make it work but he is still stressed. I just want so badly to give Z a living sibling!

I am going through the exact same thing right now.  While we are trying, we had a conversation last night and DH was voicing his concern about how hard it's going to be with two since our DS is such a handful right now and both of us have demanding careers so it's just tough to handle it all.  I got REALLY upset because if we hadn't lost Ava, we wouldn't even be having that conversation.  And we were so close to having her here, it's just not fair.  ((hugs))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

CD11 or CD9, I had a weird AF this month so can't really tell when it officially started.  I started to use OPK's though so I'm hoping I time it right this month.

Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming? Nope!  Just a re-test of my urine to make sure the GBS is gone from it.  Just finished a round of antibiotics.

QOTW: What are some fears you have dealt with while deciding to TTC? What has helped to ease those fears so that you are ready to TTCAL?   Of course the fear of another loss.  I've come a long way since my second, early loss in February and this time, working with the MFM doc has helped to ease my fears.  And this may sound really dumb, but the phychic medium that I went to also helped ease my fears. 

**DS mentioned

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? DS' 3rd birthday is coming up
    and his family party is next weekend.  Last year at his family party is when we announced that he was going to be a big brother.  We had him wear a Big Brother t-shirt to see who would notice.  Every picture of his second birthday has him wearing that shirt.  Now he's only a big brother to an angel.  I'm just hoping I can hold it together this year at his party...not having Ava and not having one on the way is going to make it really difficult.  I remember saying to myself last year that we will have a five month old at next year's party too...  I'm so sad she's not here.

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

Cycle 8 (since most recent loss), CD12

No.

One of my fears is that we won't be able to have another child. It did not take very long to conceive my first two children (3 months with DD#1 and 4 months with Annabelle) and here we are well over a year with only one chemical pregnancy to show for it. Sigh. But the chemical pregnancy has shown we can get pregnant, so maybe we will be able to bring another baby home.

I guess the same as my fear. DH and I have started putting an expiration date on our TTC (not firm but we kind of know time frame). It makes me a little sad, but I know it is something we need to do.

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Where are you in your TTCAL journey? cd 21, cycle 2 (month three)

nope. Just started metformin and seeing a nutritionist.

Hmm. Fears of miscarriage, even though i've never had one. No big fears really, more anxiety. I was ready to TTCAL pretty soon, but needed to seperate Ana from the new baby.

I want to be pregnant. I want to O soon and want my body to get with the program!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• imageMrs Nice:
    Where are you in your TTCAL journey? Well, I have jumped back into the TTC game. The last two cycles we have NPNT. [Secretly, I have really been trying] This will be cycle 3, I'm currently CD10. Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming? Nope. QOTW: What are some fears you have dealt with while deciding to TTC? What has helped to ease those fears so that you are ready to TTCAL? I am so so SO scared that I just got really lucky with Z. I feel like I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop and that I am pushing my luck hoping for another baby. Right now my track record is 50,50. In my opinion, not great odds. I keep reminding myself that I have a wonderful OB that I love and I know that she will do anything I ask to help ease my mind when I get pg again. Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? DH is kind of back and forth about wanting another baby right now. He gets so stressed about finances. We can make it work but he is still stressed. I just want so badly to give Z a living sibling!

good luck mrs nice!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• imagemeli1025:

imageMrs Nice:

I am going through the exact same thing right now.  While we are trying, we had a conversation last night and DH was voicing his concern about how hard it's going to be with two since our DS is such a handful right now and both of us have demanding careers so it's just tough to handle it all.  I got REALLY upset because if we hadn't lost Ava, we wouldn't even be having that conversation.  And we were so close to having her here, it's just not fair.  ((hugs))

Great big hugs to you!!! Why do men have to make things more difficult than they need to be?? I wish you luck.

• imageshandorfml2:

imageMrs Nice:
    Where are you in your TTCAL journey?

Well, I have jumped back into the TTC game. The last two cycles we have NPNT. [Secretly, I have really been trying] This will be cycle 3, I'm currently CD10.

Nope.

I am so so SO scared that I just got really lucky with Z. I feel like I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop and that I am pushing my luck hoping for another baby. Right now my track record is 50,50. In my opinion, not great odds. I keep reminding myself that I have a wonderful OB that I love and I know that she will do anything I ask to help ease my mind when I get pg again.

good luck mrs nice!

Thank you! I wish you luck too!

We are still in waiting as we are getting more testing done.

I think we finally made a huge breakthrough in why I have had so many losses. I met with a new RE a couple weeks ago and she recommended that I get my thyroid antibodies checked and turns out that my level was a whopping 261 where 0 to 35 is supposed to be normal. My TSH was fairly normal though a little high so if she didn't check this then I would have never known. From research it appears that those with normal TSH levels and hightened thyroid peroxidase levels are at an increased risk for loss. They have put me on thyroid medication to try to lower my level and will monitor me for the next month before we get the green light to try again. After all of these years of finding absolutely nothing on me I am hopeful that this might be somewhat helpful to us moving forward. I am of course being realistic and I realize that things could very much still go wrong but a new plan and doing something different is exciting.

Yes. We have a follow up with the RE at the end of the month.

After four losses I think I will always be fearful but doing something a little different each time helps. I am not sure where hope comes from but I have to believe that I am meant to be a mother to a living child and will continue on to get there.

Just feeling hopeful from the test results and glad that it can be managed with medication.
  • "After four losses I think I will always be fearful but doing something a little different each time helps. I am not sure where hope comes from but I have to believe that I am meant to be a mother to a living child and will continue on to get there."

I'm glad to hear you found out a possible reason for your losses.  I know for me doing things differently this time around helps me feel like I will get a different result (even if it's not true).  I hope we all get to be mommies to living children!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"