August 2013 Moms

Pet Peeves

I've had a few bouts of false labor (hey, I'm new to this) and I just love when people say "you'll know when it's the real thing." In retrospect, yeah, I'm sure. And while I'm sure they're trying to provide me with useful advice and have the best intentions, it just feels like a blow to my woman's intuition. I thought I did know

This is how I imagine I look when someone says "you'll know."

WOOP! That was mine! What's your pregnancy pet peeve?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pet Peeves

• I hate everyone telling me to enjoy my rest now because when baby is here, I won't get any sleep. I get it. Just shut up. Lol

Eta: I was having real contractions that were actively dilating my cervix earlier this week and didn't realize they were real. Everyone says you just know. Apparently that is not always the case. I honestly just thought it was annoying back pain.
  • imageMaritza707:
    I hate everyone telling me to enjoy my rest now because when baby is here, I won't get any sleep. I get it. Just shut up. Lol

This.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMaritza707:
    I hate everyone telling me to enjoy my rest now because when baby is here, I won't get any sleep. I get it. Just shut up. Lol

UGH! You are totally right. That is the absolute worst.
  • imageMaritza707:

I hear this too. I reply, "Yes, but when I do get sleep it will be comfortable and I won't have to pee every few hours. When I wake, its because my baby needs me."  They usually shush. :)

• Lol! That's a pretty scary gif! Mine is seriously having so many damn people look at me like I'm an alien and say "are you sure you're not having twins? Wow you are big! You're going to pop any day!" I have NEVER ever told any preg woman she looks big or small! Why would I? First, I never really knew what size someone should be at their stage of pregnancy... And everyone is different! I can't stand the comments. It's making my skin crawl because I get them SO often.

• imageMommyAmes2:

imageMaritza707:

I hear this too. I reply, "Yes, but when I do get sleep it will be comfortable and I won't have to pee every few hours. When I wake, its because my baby needs me."  They usually shush. :)

I'm so using that. 
  • Well, I'm a super grumpy and irritated biotch today.. So I'm going to say that people in general are my pet peeve!
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • imageAACaHa13:
    Lol! That's a pretty scary gif! Mine is seriously having so many damn people look at me like I'm an alien and say "are you sure you're not having twins? Wow you are big! You're going to pop any day!" I have NEVER ever told any preg woman she looks big or small! Why would I? First, I never really knew what size someone should be at their stage of pregnancy... And everyone is different! I can't stand the comments. It's making my skin crawl because I get them SO often.

People have so much tact, I tell you what.
  • imageKatieR2310:
    Well, I'm a super grumpy and irritated biotch today.. So I'm going to say that people in general are my pet peeve!

this is me lately haha, I have had to stop myself from posting several times this week 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKatieR2310:
    Well, I'm a super grumpy and irritated biotch today.. So I'm going to say that people in general are my pet peeve!

LOL that's okay too. 
  • imageKtbug613:

imageKatieR2310:

this is me lately haha, I have had to stop myself from posting several times this week 

Yeah, I feel like that several times per day. I try to tone it down, but I have to admit, my patience decreases along with my bladder control.
  • I hate when people ask my plans about feeding, diapering, epi, travel etc....and I say to them "well, I hope to do such and such" and they respond with "oh just wait you won't do that at all."  

This is why I said "HOPE" but now that you have told me I will change I stubbornly refuse to do anything but my initial plan to prove you wrong. 

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• I've learned to ignore other people's comments about my size, but MIL drives me nuts every time we see her with ..oh you're getting bigger.. or ..look at my baby in that big belly.. Yes, she's been corrected for that one. It always was ..are you sure you're eating enough, you have to eat, you are too small.. Now it has turned into big. I just don't think she should say anything. Or maybe it's the fact that it's my mil and she does a lot to rub me the wrong way..
    Or when there's any wine around and I say that it looks good and someone tells me that it's perfectly ok to drink wine while pregnant so just go for it.. Yes, I know what they say about wine, but I have a month left, I will be just fine.

I'm mobile so my .. .. Is supposed to be my quote marks haha, I hate that symbols don't show up!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • imageAACaHa13:
    Lol! That's a pretty scary gif! Mine is seriously having so many damn people look at me like I'm an alien and say "are you sure you're not having twins? Wow you are big! You're going to pop any day!" I have NEVER ever told any preg woman she looks big or small! Why would I? First, I never really knew what size someone should be at their stage of pregnancy... And everyone is different! I can't stand the comments. It's making my skin crawl because I get them SO often.

this would really irritate me!! My job requires me to work mostly with farmers and people in the crop industry and I am SO thankful men don't feel the need to small talk about my pregnancy or make any comments for that matter! I couldn't hold a smile..
  • People continually telling me there is NO way I'm going to my due date. Oh really, I didn't know you were an OB!?

Oh, and the few that I made the mistake to tell that we were taking Bradley classes telling me to just go ahead and get the epi, since you don't get a medal for going med free. Yes, I'm aware

Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • RK125RK125 member

imageMaritza707:

THIS. I know that I will not have a normal sleep pattern. I know that I'll be tired. It's having a newborn 101. I'm not an idiot. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageBlondieBia21:
    I've learned to ignore other people's comments about my size, but MIL drives me nuts every time we see her with ..oh you're getting bigger.. or ..look at my baby in that big belly.. Yes, she's been corrected for that one. It always was ..are you sure you're eating enough, you have to eat, you are too small.. Now it has turned into big. I just don't think she should say anything. Or maybe it's the fact that it's my mil and she does a lot to rub me the wrong way..
    Or when there's any wine around and I say that it looks good and someone tells me that it's perfectly ok to drink wine while pregnant so just go for it.. Yes, I know what they say about wine, but I have a month left, I will be just fine.

I'm mobile so my .. .. Is supposed to be my quote marks haha, I hate that symbols don't show up!

Omg MIL's aren't they grand? Mine always has to say "I think he is going to be such a big baby!" She has said it numerous times and it really rubs me the wrong way. I ask her why she thinks that since I was 5lbs 4 oz and DH was 5lbs 14oz and we are both on the smaller side as adults.. And she replies with "I don't know, I just think he is going to be really big" I can't flucking stand it!!!! She drives me bonkers.

• Asking me how much longer.

Then look at me funny when I say whenever she wants to come. Do I have a crystal ball? Do babies usually come on their due date? No!

Or asking about my cervix. Finally told my MIL that I prefer to keep other people's hands out of my vagina when there's no medical reason to do so. Don't look at me like I'm the weird one.
  • imagemsspeedymarie:

imageMaritza707:

What people keep saying to me is if I mention that I'm not sleeping well (because who is?), they tell me "Oh, wait til you have a newborn! You'll never sleep! It's just nature getting you ready for motherhood!"

STFU.

Oh God I feel you, I hear this all the time and it drives me nuts.

• ALL of the above and or below! Including one I have no control over the HEAT!
  • imageMaritza707:

Me too!!! If I hear that one more time I think I'll look just like Tyra in that gif!!!!
  • bump burp
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • imageShe'sGotAWay:
    I have a very long torso, so LO is lodged quite contentedly inside of me. When I say that I have three weeks left, everyone always says "No way! You are so small!"I NEVER know what to say... I've gained the right amount of weight, and he's measuring perfectly. I just happen to have a body structure that makes me look less pregnant. Do you say thank you for that? I usually awkwardly look at the floor and say something about my torso being long and um, thanks?nbsp;

All I get is comments on how small I am too. Nobody believes me when I tell them how far along I am. I'd rather that than being told I look huge though? I usually just awkwardly laugh and say ya I know.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • My pregnancy pet peeve is when people ask me if I'm upset that I'm having another boy. Also the whole "baby can't come on XX date" thing.... Sure dude, I'll have a chat with my vag about that later.
             image         image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatieR2310:

This has been me lately too.  I actually apologized to my coworkers in advance first thing this morning, because I knew I was just going to be a raging b-word all day today!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine is when I try to explain to people that baby is IUGR and that's why I'm going to the doctor so much and they say "yea right I'm sure she's fine, she'll be fine, you aren't that big how big so they expect her to be, your doctors are crazy". Of course I enjoy optimism but it takes me back to infertility when people would say things like "if you stop trying it will happen"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• This conversation:
    Coworkers: "oh i need to get xyz i fo to you for this project...When does your leave start, again?"
    Me: "I'm due the 20th but I'm working until I go into labour, so it could be anytime"
    Coworkers: "ok. But when is your last day? I want to get this done before you are out"
    Me: usually a blank stare
  • When people tell me I've dropped a little or not dropped. First of all who gives a poop if I dropped.. Means nothing. Secondly it's my body so I think I'm aware of where my belly is sitting.

Also, can't stand when people say, aw you're all belly. I want to scream liars! Do they really think I looked like this before I was pregnant. I was 124 now 178! I highly doubt all of that weight is focused in my stomach! I have a double chin and flabby arms thank you! Oh and my legs are tree trunks from swelling since February soo not all I'm my belly! Ugh
  • I am a FTM and I seriously get peeved when people who already have kids tell me, "you just wait...." It is never advice about how exciting and fulfilling and enjoyable  having a baby will be. It is always a warning about how much horror lies in my future. I know babies are a lot of work. I get it! But why do people make it out to be like life is gonna turn to sh!t when the baby comes?

• I always hated the "get sleep now" comment. For the record, pg tired is way worse than newborn tired. You can sleep your entire pregnancy still feel tired. At least postbirth a nap actually helps.

Now that we're ready for number two, I'm tired of everyone telling me how hard it's gonna be. It's like: congrats on another baby, your life is gonna suck!
    BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My peet peeve is for sure my MIL and anything that comes out of her mouth....when not pregnant, I tend to think I am pretty awesome at handling her, but if I have to hear her beg one more time for us to tell her LO's name, talk about how she "can't wait" like she is the only one excited, tell one more complete stranger that she's going to be LO's nanny when DH and I have never discussed that, or touch me without asking again...shes going to end up in the hospital herself and I WILL BLAME IT ON HORMONES.

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

• imageMommyR8113:
    When people tell me I've dropped a little or not dropped. First of all who gives a poop if I dropped.. Means nothing. Secondly it's my body so I think I'm aware of where my belly is sitting.

Also, can't stand when people say, aw you're all belly. I want to scream liars! Do they really think I looked like this before I was pregnant. I was 124 now 178! I highly doubt all of that weight is focused in my stomach! I have a double chin and flabby arms thank you! Oh and my legs are tree trunks from swelling since February soo not all I'm my belly! Ugh

People are always telling me I dropped! I'm like yeah sure you tell me that every day. Plus people have been saying that for like 2 months.
    I'm also tired of everyone asking when I'm gonna stop working.
    And since you said pet peeves, I hate when the car in font of me ha a faster than normal blinker or leaves it on longer than nessecary
  • If I hear one more person mention how miserable I must be in this Southern heat since I'm sOooOooo pregnant, I'm going to snap. I don't GAF that you gave birth in Winter and that you stayed comfortable the whole time!!!!
    Anniversary 
    BabyFetus Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"