June 2013 Moms

Mommy and Me Groups

Have any of you ladies started looking to join mommy and me groups as a way to get out of the house especially if you are going to stay at home with LO?  I've found a few but most are 30 minutes or more away from our house but I think joining one of these groups would help both us have decent socialization during the days, weeks and months to come.

Any BTDT moms that are members of one of these groups?  Do you enjoy being part of one?  What kind of activities/get togethers do they typically have?

Re: Mommy and Me Groups

• I have been going to a new mom group as well as a breastfeeding group offered through the hospital. I love getting to interact with other moms since most of my friends don't have kids.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I found a local group on Meet Up and have gone to a couple dinners with a few other pg ladies. Now two of us have babies and we have done a happy hour and brunch this coming Sunday. Once the babies are older we will probably do more play date type activies.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going to one on Monday, I am a little nervous as I only know one other mom, however I am sure it will go fine. The mom's all have babies over 6 months though and it is a pool party. I am also going to start going to the library to the mama goose program in September as I have an entire year off with my LO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have been to our local breastfeeding moms meet-up event twice. It was nice. Unfortunately most of the people knew each other and while they were friendly most of their babies were older then my LO and were able to interact with one another on the floor where my LO slept the whole time. I like the idea and the interaction, so I think I will go again when LO is a bit older (like 3 months) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"