May 2013 Moms

I bumped his head.

Again. Walking through the doorway. I don't know what is wrong with me. I am so mad at myself.

Last time, he didn't even notice. This time he cried. Broke my heart. I called the doc, again. They are going to think I'm nuts.

I love him so much, yet I keep making stupid mistakes. I felt so good this morning, like I had crossed some imaginary hurdle and I'd found my stride. Now I feel awful, and I'm worried about his poor little noggin.

Re: I bumped his head.

• I've done the same thing. I can't imagine you bumped it hard enough to do any damage. I think your fine. Don't sweat it, you're doing a great job!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am sure he's fine. I wonder how many of us were dropped and ended up okay. lol. Don't beat yourself up!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I've come soon close to doing this a bunch of times. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. It probably just scared him, I'm sure you didn't do any permanent damage! You're not a bad mom!
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member

imagestephzrn:
    I've done the same thing. I can't imagine you bumped it hard enough to do any damage. I think your fine. Don't sweat it, you're doing a great job!

This. I slipped and dropped my phone on my LOs head while she was nursing. The dangers of mobile bumping! Don't beat yourself up, I'm pretty sure these babies are more resilient than we think. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    Of all of the people on TB, I can honestly say that you are one of the people least likely to not be doing great as this mother thing. G will be just fine. Hugs!
  • delinodelino member
    No worries. I bumped DD's head today. She screamed bloody murder but she's fine.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    Thank you. Insert mobile smiley. Between you guys, my sister, and the nurse at the doc's office, I'm feeling better. I swear, I wish I could wear him more, but he insists on pulling his head out. I am so tired from carrying him all the time, and I know I make more mistakes when I'm tired.

Less than 72 hours until the in laws arrive. I'm counting down.
  • imageLN1024:
    Of all of the people on TB, I can honestly say that you are one of the people least likely to not be doing great as this mother thing. G will be just fine. Hugs!

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dropped a tube of diaper cream on my little girl's head when she was about two weeks old. I felt terrible but she was fine. I'm sure G is fine. You're doing a great job!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When I was around 3 months old my babysitter fell down a very steep flight of stairs with me... I am still here:D Babies are resilient. Don't sweat it .
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLN1024:

AGREED.  I'm sure he's all good!

I scratched dd with my fingernail while changing her. Almost broke skin. She kicks ferociously! 

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • G has the best momma he could possibly have! I'm sure his head is just fine. If it makes you feel any better I got S's head stuck in one of her shirts today and trying to get it off I think I indented her soft spot...she screamed for about 5 minutes but I think she's forgiven me by now...
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    Awe. I'm sure LO is fine! I come so close every time I'm walking into his nursery with him. Door ways need to be wider!
  • imageRoxZ32:

imagestephzrn:
    I've done the same thing. I can't imagine you bumped it hard enough to do any damage. I think your fine. Don't sweat it, you're doing a great job!

This. I slipped and dropped my phone on my LOs head while she was nursing. The dangers of mobile bumping! Don't beat yourself up, I'm pretty sure these babies are more resilient than we think. :) 

Aw, I did this too the other day while LO was eating at 3am and we were in bed.  I kinda fell asleep and dropped it :( I'm more careful now!   

• I smacked lo's head off of the corner of my kitchen cabinets, which just so happens to hang at a really bad height over the sink when her bathtub is there. She cried so hard the other day! I have done this not once, but twice.

She has also had the phone dropped on her head... Seems to be a pattern here... And when she was two weeks old I was changing her diaper in the backseat of the car and had her head pushed up against a seatbelt clip so hard it left a mark. She was screaming the whole time and I thought it was just from the diaper change. I cried too.

It happens to everyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've hit LOs head twice in the car lifting him out of his carseat to nurse. I sit next to the car seat, lift him out and wham, accidentally hit his head on the roof. Made me cry each time but he didn't shed a tear.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• I was walking with my son in his stroller and jogged past a yard worker only to realize that I had forgotten to strap him in after our last feed stop. I have also forgotten to strap him back into his carseat a couple times. And he has done two back flips onto the bed because I let him do his backwards thing (he LOVES to go upside down and bring his feet above his head) while holding him with only one hand instead of the usual two hands. I have also accidentally scratched his head with my nail...never once has he cried when I make these mistakes, I hope he stays this forgiving!
  • This.. this was me today
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imagekateronium:
    This.. this was me today

Really? Ugh, I am so sorry you had to feel this mommy guilt too.

I truly considered making LO a bubble wrap helmet yesterday. I'm still shielding his head with one hand every time I walk with him. I'm super paranoid now.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imageHZ2012:
    Awe. I'm sure LO is fine! I come so close every time I'm walking into his nursery with him. Door ways need to be wider!

They do! Ours are actually very narrow because this house is old. My mom was amazed at how narrow our hall was, and our Bedroom doorways. Even our back door is tiny the door is custom because you can't buy exterior doors that narrow!
  • I bumped my LO's head yesterday.  DH was cleaning the car and had the doors and back hatch open.  I thought I would poke LO's head up over the back seat through the hatch and say peek a boo/hi daddy.  Needless to say I misjudged the distance and bumped his head on the roof of the car almost on his soft spot. He started crying.  I felt so bad!  Several times DH mentioned it throughout the day just to give me a hard time.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"