April 2013 Moms

GTKY: what was your first job

I worked at Starbucks as a Barista from senior year in high school & all through college.  I suck because now i'm one of those ppl that order a "customized drink" when I go in but hey, I just know what I like.

What was your first job?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: GTKY: what was your first job

• My dad was a manager at a retail furniture store so when I was 15 I was allowed to get paid to come in and help with filing paperwork (ah, precomputer days).   It was so I could save up to buy a car.

Turned into a good gig, even after my dad quit a year later to open his own business they kept me on as a employee.  I moved to cashier to a credit writer.   I was think punka$$ 16 year old kid telling people their credit sucked so much I couldn't sell them a couch.  lol.     I worked there all through high school and returned for college summers.

• Hmmm. Difficult to say. i babysat starting when i was 12. i also delievered newspapers. then at 14 i worked at a banquet place setting tables for a little while. when i was 16 i got a job at fanny farmer candies in the mall. i worked there for 6 years. i guess i consider that my real first job. iam a chocolate snob.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Loading the player...
  • I worked the floor in my dad's chiropractic office starting at 15. That same summer I started coaching tennis for kids 10 and under.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Dishwasher at a local catfish place. It was gross, I had coleslaw all over me. The cooks harassed me and I had a huge crush on the other dishwasher. I was sssooo shy I couldn't talk to him. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagetondraluv:
    I worked at Starbucks as a Baristanbsp;from senior year in high school amp; all through college.nbsp; I suck because now i'm one of those ppl that order a "customized drink" when I go in but hey, I just know what I like.What was your first job?

I know what u mean I was at Dunkin donuts for 3 years lol
  • I nannied for the first 2 summers after graduating from high school, but my first real job was at Old Navy. I still shudder when I hear Rhianna's Umbrella because it was on the loop that summer. Oof.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFutureMrsCAF:
    I nannied for the first 2 summers after graduating from high school, but my first real job was at Old Navy. I still shudder when I hear Rhianna's Umbrella because it was on the loop that summer. Oof.

I shutter when I hear anything from her

• imagetondraluv:

imageFutureMrsCAF:
    I nannied for the first 2 summers after graduating from high school, but my first real job was at Old Navy. I still shudder when I hear Rhianna's Umbrella because it was on the loop that summer. Oof.

I shutter when I hear anything from her

Good point haha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • none5none5 member
    I worked at a roadside fruit stand. It was the best job ever! I would work there now if I could
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was a lifeguard. It was a great job.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i worked in a baby boutique selling nursery furniture and designing custom bedding! Loved that job and did it for almost 10 years, but just didnt pay the bills. The funny part is I bought my baby crib at walmart and ordered generic baby bedding! Guess i got burnt out on the high dollar custom crap ( you dont really need, lol) -

always thought it would be fun to be a bartender. but just for a couple of days, then imagine it would get pretty old

• imagejss1482:

i worked in a baby boutique selling nursery furniture and designing custom bedding! Loved that job and did it for almost 10 years, but just didnt pay the bills. The funny part is I bought my baby crib at walmart and ordered generic baby bedding! Guess i got burnt out on the high dollar custom crap ( you dont really need, lol) -

always thought it would be fun to be a bartender. but just for a couple of days, then imagine it would get pretty old

I worked at a flower shop for an internship in college & I got burnt out. Wonder if thats why i'm not a huge fan of receiving flowers.

• One summer I did the paperwork and billing for my dad (he runs his own farming business and needed someone to help him with the office stuff), but my first real job was bagging groceries at Vons. I got moved to the deli after a month (it was kind of a promotion, but without a pay increase), but left at the end of the summer to go back to college full time.

Not a job I'd want to work again, but I definitely learned to always treat people behind the counter or register nicely because of it (not that I was mean to workers before, but now I try to be extra nice).

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetondraluv:

I worked at Starbucks as a Barista from senior year in high school & all through college.  I suck because now i'm one of those ppl that order a "customized drink" when I go in but hey, I just know what I like.

What was your first job?

So what's your drink order? (I say that as though I have any idea how Starbucks works, lol)

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebibliophileemily:
    imagetondraluv:

What was your first job?

So what's your drink order? (I say that as though I have any idea how Starbucks works, lol)

I love an easy ice venti soy Chai or a gummi bear juice which is a passion tea with a pump of valencia, a pump of raspberry, & a pump of vanilla. Or a grande 2 pump decaf white mocha. To my defense I only "special order" at the location I used to work at because they know what I like. 

• Kate_CKate_C member
    I did telephone surveys one summer in high school. You would be amazed at how many creepy old guys hit on me. Sad that they were apparently so lonely that a phone survey person seemed like appealing company. At least they all had the decency to apologize when I told them I was only 16...
  • I worked at DQ for 3 years....the amount of ice cream I ate in those 3 years is just not ok! Lol!
  • My first job was as a cashier at a grocery store. I was 16.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Paper route, 3rd grade!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • My first real job was Dairy Queen! I was the best employee becuz I'm allergic to dairy! My second job was Jamba Juice! Best job ever, if I made more money I would totally still work there. They bump great music and make my own smoothies all day :

Much like others before DQ I babysat and worked for my dad. Lol my dad owned a vending company so I "worked there" since I was like 6 but I got paid by eating product ;
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Depends.  First job ever was cleaning out dog kennels.  Not as bad as it sounds as long as you wore old clothes all the time.  First job in high school was cashier at the local grocery store, bad pay, terrible hours.  First job after college was working as a mental health tech.

• My dad was a bank president so right out of high school I went to work at his bank as a teller. Loves that job!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had odd and end jobs for years. My first job that had a paycheck with taxes taken out was book keeping on a Brahman cattle ranch.
  • I worked ay Hardees all of two months until I quit to work at a local gas station.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started at McDonald's less than a month after I turned 15. I stayed 6 years, worked with a great crew and really loved it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • I worked at Safeway, in the deli dept.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"