C-sections
Options

Broken Tailbone?

Hello! So the past 6 to 7 weeks I've had pretty bad tailbone pain; then about two weeks ago it got way more severe. I woke up in tears just from rolling over from one side to the other. To make a long story short I went to the OB, ER, and a general surgeon and they all THINK its broken but they aren't positive since they can't Xray.

So here is where my question comes in.. Have any of you had to have a csection due to a broken tailbone? I've talked to a few people and they wished they would have requested a csection because pushing the baby out caused it to fracture worse and in some cases caused permanent damage. So I am just wondering if any if you have BTDT. My doc is going to talk to the high risk doctors this week, and of course I'll follow his advice.. Just curious for more info.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Broken Tailbone?

• Options
    Sorry, no experience in that dept. However have a friend who is fairly certain she broke hers during vag delivery (pushed instead of "pooping him out" style pushing).

Good luck!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not quite the same thing, but I broke my tailbone years ago, and have a lot of back issues.  I wasn't able to get a spinal properly inserted, and had to go under to have my dd.  I recently vbaced my DS and my epidural didnt work either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dhreczuckdhreczuck member
    edited July 2013
    I started getting severe tailbone pain in the beginning of second trimester, continued through my pregnancy, they think it moved during my pregnancy and was misaligned but not broken. My OB didnt make it seem like a big deal but said it could cause additional pain during vag delivery.  My biggest fear was having it break during delivery, I ended up with c section anyway because DS didnt drop during induction. I hate to say it, but I'm still having the same pain 11wks postpartum, I dont think it magically fixes itself after delivery unfortunately, Im going to start seeing a chiro about it. 
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Are you pregnant or 6-7 weeks postpardum?  The worst pain I had in the hospital after attempting a VBAC to 10, pushing, and winding up with a c-section anyway was in my tailbone.  I attributed to being in one uncomfortable position in the hospital bed for multiple days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"