April 2013 Moms
Options

She's rollin!!!

So in the middle of reading FFFC I looked down and LO was on her tummy. I've been recording her attempts for days and quit because I figured it'd still be a while before she got all the way over.

I rolled her back and she did it several more times, each time a little faster. Interesting not screaming about ending up on her tummy even though regularly she hates tummy time. Maybe she's surprising herself getting there on her own.

And aw crap, we have to stop swaddling now don't we?

Re: She's rollin!!!

• Options
    That's so awesome!!!! Does she have that surprised look her her face? I love when LO does that like "how'd I get like his?!" I stopped swaddling out of fear he'll roll over while being swaddled.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagemelandjames14:

imagetondraluv:
    That's so awesome!!!! Does she have that surprised look her her face? I love when LO does that like "how'd I get like his?!" I stopped swaddling out of fear he'll roll over while being swaddled.

Is he sleeping ok without the swaddle? DS isn't rolling back to tummy yet but I'm terrified of when he does because he doesn't sleep long without his swaddle!

Not at all, I had to start putting him back in the Co Sleeper next to my bed and I have to have my hand on him. That's the only way he'll sleep lately. It's ridiculously uncomfortable with my arm stretched out like that but I don't have any options I feel comfortable with safety wise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetondraluv:

Yes the surprised look is so funny. I caught the second roll on video.

I'm not looking forward to not swaddle. Even in her swing she'll only sleep for longer than 10 minutes if I swaddle her arms.

• Options
    congrats! i feel like we are no where close to rolling! maybe she will roll over and sleep more comfortably since she wont be swaddled! fingers crossed it goes easy for you!
  • Options

imagejss1482:
    congrats! i feel like we are no where close to rolling! maybe she will roll over and sleep more comfortably since she wont be swaddled! fingers crossed it goes easy for you!

I hope cause she does love sleeping on her tummy....but then I'll be freaking out about SIDS (even though I know she can roll back). 

She went from not even looking to sides when laying on her back to rolling to her side 4 days ago.    Then today she flipped all the way.  So it may not be too long for you, but I think she's a little early.   Most charts said to expect rolling at 4 months.

• Options

imagejss1482:

this is us... I'm a little jealous! I try to "practice" by rolling DS myself, but he just doesn't seem interested in rolling yet and doesn't try at all. Oh well! 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    imagepinottoparenthood:

imagejss1482:

this is us... I'm a little jealous! I try to "practice" by rolling DS myself, but he just doesn't seem interested in rolling yet and doesn't try at all. Oh well! 

This. My son has been early for everything except rolling now.. I guess I was spoiled. That is great for you though! I bet it is funny to watch! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just started rolling too.  I haven't unswaddle s yet...she doesn't seem interested at night but I know we need to start the process.  Now I also have to start watching where I put her down!!

• Options
    imageNicoleSB80:

imagejss1482:

I hope cause she does love sleeping on her tummy....but then I'll be freaking out about SIDS (even though I know she can roll back). 

She went from not even looking to sides when laying on her back to rolling to her side 4 days ago.    Then today she flipped all the way.  So it may not be too long for you, but I think she's a little early.   Most charts said to expect rolling at 4 months.

that makes me hopeful!! like PP said, we 'practice' but i feel like she has no interest besides laying there and chewing on her hands, lol

• Options
    sms04jsms04j member
    My LO also doesn't seem interested at all in rolling. He seems more interested in trying to sit up! When reclining back on his boppy or somewhere else he will struggle to get into a seated position. A couple of time he has flung himself forward and landed on his face. If I put my hand out he will grab my finger and pull himself up. He will be 13 weeks on Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"