April 2013 Moms

Toys

I need to start getting toys for DS. So far he has shown zero interest in Sophie. Any suggestions?
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Toys

• I just bought a rattle thing from Walmart, my son loves it. I have a video of him instantly grabbing it and  shaking it around. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pggaripggari member
    My LO is not too crazy about Sophie either. She just grabs her by her leg for a little while and that's about it. I think they'll like her more when they can bite and squeeze her.

Baby Einstein tunes and bendy ball have good reviews. My LO likes both.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oball!!! It the only thing my LO has interest in and she will play with it for almost an hr at a time.

• Captain Calamari by Lamaze is the best toy ever. It was Charlie's favorite and Ginny already loves to nom on it and flail him around. He has a hook on his head to hang him from a car seat or whatever, but she just likes to hold him with his arms in her face.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bought DS an oball rattle on clearance for $2 at target and he loves it! He also likes this little teething bracelet thing that has different textured rubber beads on it. Prob came from Walmart- I got it for a shower. He always has those 2, and he's starting to like chewing on his burp rag, so I usually give him a clean one of those to occupy him, lol. On his car seat handle I have these little sports ball things that Velcro around to dangle in front of him. They may be like wrist rattles or something but he likes to watch them and swat at the in the car. He also has this elephant toy that has one of those linky things on the handle that he can grab and pull to play music. He couldn't care less about his other toys right now.  
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The manhattan toys whozit. But only of I hold it for him and manipulate it. The Sophie was a tremendous hit with ds1 at about 5 or 6 months. Just wait!
  • KLL22KLL22 member
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Captain Calamari by Lamaze is the best toy ever. It was Charlie's favorite and Ginny already loves to nom on it and flail him around. He has a hook on his head to hang him from a car seat or whatever, but she just likes to hold him with his arms in her face.

My LO too, basically any Lamaze toy out and burp rags. She can't get enough of them. Yesterday, she was flinging one around in her bouncer and thought it was hilarious. 

• DD hasn't shown much interest in toys except Baby Einstein musical turtle and Nuby teething keys.  I know you can get both at Target.  She likes the lights on the turtle when we have tummy time.  So far with the keys she just like the key ring, but is starting to show interest in the keys (gel filled?) too.

• Oball!! Also, links, plush rattles, and lovey-size A&A blankets.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • I recommend the Lamaze toys as well, like the firefly. LO also likes the Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes. Right now she mainly just looks at her toys and has recently started grabbing them. Cloth books are also good.
  • Ann003Ann003 member
    DD likes the squeaky mushrooms made by the company that makes Sophie and her Snuggle Pod baby.  DS likes links and keys.  They are mesmerized by the Take-Along-Tunes-style toys.  
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DS loves the Baby EInstein Take Along TUnes. I keep it at the changing table and we enjoy some music during diaper changes.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Jumping on the O ball train!  Our son LOVES his.  I just bought him a car and rattle from the same company.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"