3rd Trimester

Coming home outfit

What kind of coming home outfit are you planning to put baby girl in if you are due this summer?  I'm trying to decide how warm I need to dress her so I can choose an outfit.  Is something really lightweight ok or does she need more than one layer (it's going to be in the 80s or 90s where I live)?  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Coming home outfit

• I would dress her in a onsie, with a light blanket covering over the car seat until you get to the car.
  • I am due September 1, so I am assuming it is going to be hot, although it MAY be a bit cooler. I have two options, one is a onesie/ dress type outfit with an optional cardigan, and the other is a polka dotted onesie with tutu like ruffles. I figure we'll go with the flow and wear whatever fits the weather. I'll also take a receiving blanket to cover her until we're in the car... just as a precaution.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Extremely light sleeper. All the extremities should still be covered, but lightly. They're still very new and your car will be cooler than outside.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • We got a "little sister" outfit. It's just a short sleeve onsie, cotton pants, socks and a thin cotton hat. It'll be the gift to the baby from DD and then she'll get/wear a big sister shirt to make it exciting for her. Depending on how hot it stays around here, I may skip the pants and just put a receiving blanket over baby in the car seat for whenever we're outside so she doesn't overheat, but still has some coverage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I'll end up bringing a couple options just in case. I'll also bring a blanket of some sort too.

• A cute cotton dress (the same one my other girls have come home in) and a light blanket if necessary.
  • She will be wearing this lace petti romper.

• kpahlkpahl member
    I have a few tank top onesie's and pants. I have the romper but for a newborn photo session. I also have a little sister onesie to match her big sisters shirt! Just gonna have a few options as it's in the 90's here but heat index is 110 this week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She's coming home in this:

• I wouldn't be putting the baby in too cool of an outfit because the baby will be going from and air conditioned hospital to an air conditioned car. The outfit I have for my baby girl is light pants with a matching light long-sleeved sweater type thing. She is due September 6th so the weather would still be warm here, but I don't want her to be freezing in the car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • I'm not due till Oct but where I live, we can still get a few heat waves in Oct so i have a few options to choose from depending on the weather and time of day we get released. I have a onesie with pants or one of those footie one piece pj set. They are newborn size but I am also thinking about getting 2ore outfits in 0-3 months because we don't know how big she will be

Me (32) DH (33)
    Surprise BFP 2-7-2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"