April 2013 Moms

Plans this weekend?

Any special plans this weekend?

-I plan to go to the beach hopefully for the first time in over two years. Cannot wait! I am planning on stopping by San Fran also and get some Pier 39 time in before I have to go back to Sacramento.

What about you? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Plans this weekend?

• I think we're going to the beach too!  I'm close to all the dirty but touristy/fun beaches (Santa Monica, Venice, etc.)  We have to drive a little ways to get Manhattan Beach which is the clean one but we can get in the water there. Other than that we're going to stay in, it's so hot down here. Are you taking Connor?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, I am taking him with me. It should be cool out there, maybe cool enough to wear long sleeves. I am going to Bodega Bay. Hopefully it is like an actual beach, I don't know what happened last time I went there but there was yellow foam covering the entire beach and beached jellyfish.. I had to travel en extra 10 miles north to just find an okay spot lol.

I have been to Santa Monica. My father lives there somewhere, it is funny I remember Venice beach, but I remember going shopping along the street too. I don't know where it was exactly, but it was like blocks and blocks of venders in the streets... I was like 14 at the time though.. so very long ago lol.

And a breast feeding expo sounds fun. Never knew they had such a thing. 

• I love the beach, just our beach- ( the gulf) doesn't quite compare to CA!

We have a date night tonight - just a simple dinner but without baby and going to try to not talk all baby either, lol 

tomorrow having a bbq at the house. 2 of our best friends just had babies as well and all 3 are with in 6 weeks of each other so makes for fun get togethers. Hoping to take the boat out Sunday that my husband just talked me into buying. Why not add to our debt? hahaha- he caught me at a vulnerable moment! 

Soo glad its Friday! Hope you guys all have a fantastic weekend!! 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageClandestineX:

Yep, I am taking him with me. It should be cool out there, maybe cool enough to wear long sleeves. I am going to Bodega Bay. Hopefully it is like an actual beach, I don't know what happened last time I went there but there was yellow foam covering the entire beach and beached jellyfish.. I had to travel en extra 10 miles north to just find an okay spot lol.

I have been to Santa Monica. My father lives there somewhere, it is funny I remember Venice beach, but I remember going shopping along the street too. I don't know where it was exactly, but it was like blocks and blocks of venders in the streets... I was like 14 at the time though.. so very long ago lol.

And a breast feeding expo sounds fun. Never knew they had such a thing. 

Yep theres tons of shopping all along Venice.  Theres also so many street entertainers there too.  There's this one guy painted all gold & just poses for a long time.  He looks like a real statue. 

• Those gold/silver entertainers always get me. It is amazing how they move.

Also, the state fair started last week.. I don't know if I am going to go. $12 for admissions, $10 for parking, $35 for rides lol.  

• I already mentioned this on the FFFC thread, but will share again. DH and I are having our marriage blessed and DS baptized tomorrow. Then having everyone over after and I'm cooking. And on Sunday, taking DS and my niece and nephew to a kiddie watermark near my home. 
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageClandestineX:
    Those gold/silver entertainers always get me. It is amazing how they move.Also, the state fair started last week.. I don't know if I am going to go. 12 for admissions, 10 for parking, 35 for rides lol. nbsp;
    don't forget 4 for a fried Snicker or 2 for ONE fried Oreo. Well at the LA County fair they are, boooooo

• I guess a confession of mine (even though this isn't the confession thread) is I have never had anything odd fried and the only fried things I have had are fries, corn dog, and funnel cake... yep.. I don't know, maybe it is the price of everything or just the fact that I am scared to try fried ice cream and such, lol.

• imagemelandjames14:
    imagejss1482:
    I love the beach, just our beach the gulf doesn't quite compare to CA! We have a date night tonight just a simple dinner but without baby and going to try to not talk all baby either, lolnbsp;tomorrow having a bbq at the house. 2 of our best friends just had babies as well and all 3 are with in 6 weeks of each other so makes for fun get togethers. Hoping to take the boat out Sunday that my husband just talked me into buying. Why not add to our debt? hahaha he caught me at a vulnerable moment!nbsp;Soo glad its Friday! Hope you guys all have a fantastic weekend!!nbsp;
    Where on the gulf are you if you don't mind saying? I'm on the gulf of Mississippi!

We are in Houston! our side of the gulf is very merky brown... if you go a little further south texas, padre island etc. its a lot nicer! How is it over there? 

• imagerandimarie86:
    I already mentioned this on the FFFC thread, but will share again. DH and I are having our marriage blessed and DS baptized tomorrow. Then having everyone over after and I'm cooking. And on Sunday, taking DS and my niece and nephew to a kiddie watermark near my home. 

enjoy! special time for everyone!!

• Fried Oreos are amazeballs!!!!!!! I can live without the twinkie & Snicker.  They also have fried coolaid but that sounds like i'll be standing face first in front of the toliet by the end of the night, no thank you.

• At the doctor right now with H while he's getting the big vasectomy, so we will be hanging low this weekend. I foresee lots of playing in the sprinkler in the backyard for Ava and I.

• DH has a work meeting today and Sunday.  Tomorrow we have church and I hope to get LO in the pool for the first time. 

• love4blove4b member

imagetondraluv:
    I think we're going to the beach too!  I'm close to all the dirty but touristy/fun beaches (Santa Monica, Venice, etc.)  We have to drive a little ways to get Manhattan Beach which is the clean one but we can get in the water there. Other than that we're going to stay in, it's so hot down here. Are you taking Connor?

Go the extra twenty minutes to Zuma in Malibu! It always scores an 'A' for water quality from Heal the Bay.  https://brc.healthebay.org/?st=CA&f=1

I grew up within walking distance and this is really making me miss home! Wish I could take my daughter there right now since it's 98 degrees and humid in NYC. Looking forward to taking her home in August to meet the rest of my family.  

Really, Venice and SM are great too as long as it hasn't rained lately. So jealous! Have fun! 

• We have DH's family reunion tomorrow, which I'm not excited about. It is outside at a park and it is hot and nasty humid this week. We have a pavilion, so there's somewhere to go if it rains, but they're calling for severe storms. It's an hour away, Clara gets cranky in the afternoons without a good place to nap, and I'll have to sit in the car to breastfeed her because there's no private place at the park. It is on the beach, but there is no way in helll I'm going swimming in Lake Erie! Ugh. Dh and I really don't fit in with this side of the family, so we're going to drive an hour each way just to hang out with his parents who live in our town!
    We'll be laying low on Sunday after church, but I think the heat wave will be gone by then, so we might be able to get some things done around the house finally!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a full day tomorrow, with a cancer benefit for a friend of ours, an anniversary party in the afternoon, and a wedding reception in the evening.  DH and I agree that we need to be at the benefit since he was in our wedding, and the reception is for a good friend of ours.  I'm not too broke up about missing the anniversary party if DD decides she needs a break.
  • Yes! Going canoeing. Mom is watching T, so excited!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Also going to the beach! Oddly enough, instead of going to Newport or Seal or Huntington, which are less than an hour away, we're driving up to the San Luis Obispo area...tradition always beats convenience, I guess.

And all these Californians are coming out the woodworks! This makes me happy for some reason.

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageminxyglams:

imagetondraluv:
    I think we're going to the beach too!  I'm close to all the dirty but touristy/fun beaches (Santa Monica, Venice, etc.)  We have to drive a little ways to get Manhattan Beach which is the clean one but we can get in the water there. Other than that we're going to stay in, it's so hot down here. Are you taking Connor?

Go the extra twenty minutes to Zuma in Malibu! It always scores an 'A' for water quality from Heal the Bay.  https://brc.healthebay.org/?st=CA&f=1

I grew up within walking distance and this is really making me miss home! Wish I could take my daughter there right now since it's 98 degrees and humid in NYC. Looking forward to taking her home in August to meet the rest of my family.  

Really, Venice and SM are great too as long as it hasn't rained lately. So jealous! Have fun! 

That sounds awesome, i've never heard of Zuma beach, thanks.

• Kate_CKate_C member
    imageChicagoBroad26:
    At the doctor right now with H while he's getting the big vasectomy, so we will be hanging low this weekend. I foresee lots of playing in the sprinkler in the backyard for Ava and I.

Congrats! Hope it goes well for him and he doesn't turn into a man child for the weekend.
  • LO and I are staying with my parents for the weekend. My mom, LO and I are going out to lunch and shopping tomorrow. I don't know what else will be going on. My grandmother has been sick, so she needs us to be home a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"