Baby Names

Cleo

DH's father has really gotten into genealogy lately, and he keeps digging up names of ancestors. One of the recent ones is Cleo.

Apparently spelled Kleio (which is admittedly jacked-looking), it's the name of one of the muses. I also know one of the Name Berry ladies has a "Cleo" (though I think it's a contrived nickname for like...Claire Elizabeth or something?).

Thoughts? Workable? Weird?

I don't have any special investments in the name; I just thought it was kind of cute. I had a major Cleopatra obsession as a kid, though, so my family would probably make fun of me if we ever used it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cleo

• It's a total GP name for me.

I like the way it looks and sounds, but I couldn't picture using it.  I wouldn't side eye it on another child.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Soap1Soap1 member
    I kind of like it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My first thought is Miss Cleo the phone psychic, but the more I think about it and picture it on a cute little girl, the more I like it. 
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I really like it ? it was in our top 5 for a girl this time around. I posted it a couple of times in March/April, so those threads are out there if you want more opinions.

• I like Cleo, it makes me think of Miss Cleo but that's because she used to be really famous in the 90s. I doubt she will be even recognizable in a few years! I also like something similar sounding, like Chloee. 
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageplunderb:

I really like it ? it was in our top 5 for a girl this time around. I posted it a couple of times in March/April, so those threads are out there if you want more opinions.

hey, thanks!

i didn't know you were pregnant again, plunderb! Congrats!

(I was formerly alliejo; new screen name.) 

• I  like it and actually have a cousin with the Kleio spelling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think Cleo is lovely.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I've seen it spelled Clio as a nn for Cliona.  I love it.

• imageCabbageCabbage:
    It's a nice enough name, although I don't love it because is feels a bit unsophisticated to my ears.  I'd worry about a Cleo in a sea of Chloes though. 

Good point about being confused with all the Chloe's. I didn't even think about that.

I'm surprised so many people like it. 

• Cleo sounds like a cat's name, imo.
  • I love this name. If DH would get on board I would use it. Sadly, he vetoed it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageFluffycakes:
    Cleo sounds like a cat's name, imo.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Then I realized the DD has a book called "Cleo the Cat."  Hmm... must have been my association.   

DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"