December 2013 Moms

Chickfila made me cry.

I was super hungry waiting for my husband to get back from the bank and he was bringing me and DD Chickfila for lunch.

He gets here and I eat my fries and I go to open my sandwich and its entirely wrong. Hormones got me. I get a regular chicken sandwich on wheat with American cheese, no pickles. They have me a spicy chicken sandwich on white with provolone, lettuce, and pickles. Before I realize it was spicy i said whatever and just took a bite. And then I start feeling nauseous and my mouth burns. I actually cried for about 5 minutes because not only did the discontinue my peach shake, they also completely ruined my sandwich and I had no way to get back up there. I was hungry and can't handle spicy food. I feel pathetic for crying but jeez. I made my husband call and talk to the manager to fix it. Next time we go, my sandwich and drink are free, which is lovely and all, but Im hungry now. :

Feel free to tell me shut up if you want. I think I need some chocolate.
Isabelle born via emergency c-section after her heart stopped 04.29.10
asthma, astigmatism, amblyopia, allergies, tongue and maxillary ties

Noah born via RCS 12.09.13
14q11.2 duplication, receptive language and adaptive behavior delays
multiple health concerns under evaluation
follow him here: www.facebook.com/lovefornoah

Re: Chickfila made me cry.

• Those bastards! I hate when that happens. Makes me really pissy.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I've cried over food this pregnancy too. Sorry they got your order wrong. That's so crappy!
  • Loading the player...
  • We ran out of eggs this week on a night where scrambled eggs were  the only thing I wanted for dinner and I burst into tears. Not my finest moment. 
  • That stinks.   You deserve to eat some chocolate!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage
  • dupedupe member
    I'm extremely picky. They always mess up my sandwiches. I cry to and its okay. but you made me instantly hunhryhungry.
  • cenglecengle member

No judging here.

I've wanted NOTHING in the world but pasta these last 2 days, and I live in the middle of nowhere without an Italian restaurant close by. My H has been out of town for the past 2 days, and he's had Italian both days. Now, tomorrow we're going somewhere that has pasta and he doesn't want Italian again. I think he's ShitOuttaLuck and is going to eat pasta with me or I will throw a temper tantrum.  

• I cried because my H wasn't getting me what I wanted to eat... but I really had no idea what sounded good!  Poor guy... he ended up walking around the grocery store and getting a little bit of everything.. I ended up eating spicy hot wings & a ChocoTaco
  • I already hate Chick-fil-a, so I'll join you in hating them now too.
  • Don't feel bad, I always order my food plain because I'm so picky, and 7/10 they get it wrong. I cried over it before too, not even being pregnant just hungry! It drives me crazy too
  • imageKateMW:
    I already hate Chick-fil-a, so I'll join you in hating them now too.

This.  Another reason to hate Chick-Fil-A, not that I need one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageHeaven802002:
    I crave Chikfila ALL the time but I refuse to eat it because of their support for Prop 8. I know that was years ago but I still haven't been able to let it go!

Getting a little personal here, but I'm actually bisexual, and I did boycott for a while. Chikfila can throw its weight behind an issue all they like but they aren't going to be able to stop change. They also have the only play place I will take my daughter to bc the others are filthy and run down.

• imagesuperspecialsnowflake:

imageCashingn2:
    Girl, we have all had those moments. I'm sad about the peach shake because I never even got to try it lol.

I'm still bitter about that.  It was gross.

I love the peach shake, but it doesn't hold a candle to the winter peppermint chocolate shake. I told DH that is the first food thing I expect him to bring me to eat at the hospital after my csection.

• I yelled at the McDonald's drive thru speaker the other day because she forgot about me for 5 minutes.  I had to remind her that I was there, and when she said "Oh yeah, you can go ahead and order when you're ready" I yelled some profanity and drove away to BK where they were out of fries AND onion rings.  Getting an order wrong for a pregnant person should be a punishable offense.
    42 years old and pregnant for the second time after 19 years. Pregnancy Ticker
  • FYI...if you have Kroger grocery chains in your area, they sell chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches that taste exactly like Chick-Fil-A. You can still have your good chicken without a side of homophobia to go with it. You're SOL on the waffle fries though.
    imageimageimageimage
  • imageleahraewku:
    FYI...if you have Kroger grocery chains in your area, they sell chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches that taste exactly like Chick-Fil-A. You can still have your good chicken without a side of homophobia to go with it. You're SOL on the waffle fries though.

No Krogers around here. We've got Food Lion, Trader Joes, and Wegmans... and Costco. But that's about it for the options around my house.

• imageHeaven802002:
    imagezonastar23:
    imageHeaven802002:
    I crave Chikfila ALL the time but I refuse to eat it because of their support for Prop 8. I know that was years ago but I still haven't been able to let it go!
    Getting a little personal here, but I'm actually bisexual, and I did boycott for a while. Chikfila can throw its weight behind an issue all they like but they aren't going to be able to stop change. They also have the only play place I will take my daughter to bc the others are filthy and run down.
    Zonastar Looks like we have something in common : I guess I hold grudges. I just can't pay them my hard earned money knowing they turn around and use it to fund such a hateful group. I really do want one of their original chicken sandwiches though!

I agree with Heaven...I'm just not giving them my money. And honestly, in my area of the country, too many people agree with them, so it just makes me feel better to take a stand. 

• imageKateMW:

imageHeaven802002:
    imagezonastar23:
    imageHeaven802002:
    Zonastar Looks like we have something in common : I guess I hold grudges. I just can't pay them my hard earned money knowing they turn around and use it to fund such a hateful group. I really do want one of their original chicken sandwiches though!

I agree with Heaven...I'm just not giving them my money. And honestly, in my area of the country, too many people agree with them, so it just makes me feel better to take a stand. 

Where I'm at is super duper liberal. Gay marriage was legalized this last election too! Woohoo!  There was a same-sex Kiss in at CFA near my house last summer too. It was pretty awesome. Most of the employees around here don't agree with the "official" CFA stance on same sex relationships and are just doing what they can to provide for themselves and their families. One of the managers is pretty open about being gay too.

• imageleahraewku:
    FYI...if you have Kroger grocery chains in your area, they sell chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches that taste exactly like Chick-Fil-A. You can still have your good chicken without a side of homophobia to go with it. You're SOL on the waffle fries though.

LOL - Alexia has good waffle fries.  No homophobia there either.

ETA removed a word

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imagezonastar23:
    I was super hungry waiting for my husband to get back from the bank and he was bringing me and DD Chickfila for lunch. He gets here and I eat my fries and I go to open my sandwich and its entirely wrong. Hormones got me. I get a regular chicken sandwich on wheat with American cheese, no pickles. They have me a spicy chicken sandwich on white with provolone, lettuce, and pickles. Before I realize it was spicy i said whatever and just took a bite. And then I start feeling nauseous and my mouth burns. I actually cried for about 5 minutes because not only did the discontinue my peach shake, they also completely ruined my sandwich and I had no way to get back up there. I was hungry and can't handle spicy food. I feel pathetic for crying but jeez. I made my husband call and talk to the manager to fix it. Next time we go, my sandwich and drink are free, which is lovely and all, but Im hungry now. : Feel free to tell me shut up if you want. I think I need some chocolate.

I have been upset when they forget my chic a fila sauce for dipping my fries in, they make the fries, at lease for me.  I always tell my husband to check the bag for the sauce if he is the one getting it. I feel your pain

Roxanne Mother of two, soon to be three! BabyFetus Ticker
    image < br > Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers < br > Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageHeaven802002:
    imagezonastar23:
    imageHeaven802002:

Yeah, I'm still boycotting. It helps that I'm a vegetarian, though, so I am just missing out on their waffle fries (which are yummy, but still...).

Which Wich forgot to put olive spread on my sandwich a couple of days ago, and I had a sad. So I get it. Food is serious business right now! 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"