August 2012 Moms

S/O drugs

So reading the ffc has me curious.

What drugs have you done?
How were you introduced to them?
How often would to partake in said drug?
Which was your favorite?
If there were no repercussions what would you do now?
Any fun/interesting stories to share?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: S/O drugs

• amaiteamaite member
    I have never done any drugs, and have no interest in doing them now.
  • I've never done a drug nor had any desire to. Now alcohol.....

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Loading the player...
  • None to any... I choked horribly when I puffed a cigarette in 3rd grade and gag on pills.  Since then, I never wanted to puff, snort, or swallow anything that I didn't have to. :)  

I did get a bad trip off a barbiturate (stadol) when I was in the hospital many yrs ago... I hallucinated big time. Thankfully I was already in the hospital and given an antidote bc I probably would have died if I was on the street. 

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• I've never done drugs or cigarettes. The closest to cigarettes I got was holding them lit while out with a friend. She would get all excited, we were drunk. But really I was just making sure she had one less cigarette for herself.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I have never done them and have no interest in them. I have been offered them and have turned them done. I just don't see the point of it and I am the type of person that need to be in control 100% of the time. Even getting too drunk freaks me out.
  • So after reading these responses I think I'll keep my past recreational drug usage to myself, seeing as I'm the odd man out. But I really don't/didn't consider pot a drug.
  • I have never done any drugs. The closest I have ever got to smoking anything is sitting with people smoking Hookah. It smells good, but I have no interest in smoking it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What drugs have you done? Weed, coke, and acid.
    How were you introduced to them? Parties.
    How often would to partake in said drug? I smoked weed 3 or 4 times a week in college. I did cocain twice, and acid once.
    Which was your favorite? I'm not going to lie, cocain was wonderful. But weed was relaxing.
    If there were no repercussions what
    would you do now? Weed.
    Any fun/interesting stories to share? I went skinny dipping with 5 other girls at the lake, and one of the girl's boyfriend and his friends stole our clothes. We had to drive back to our dorm but naked. I used a garbage bag to cover myself up. [we had smoked at the lake]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tried smoking a little bit in high school. I've never done any real drugs.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlynne37wiu:

imageBecc77:
    So after reading these responses I think I'll keep my past recreational drug usage to myself, seeing as I'm the odd man out. But I really don't/didn't consider pot a drug.

Yeah, I was going to post about some things but the responses to a thread talking about "what drugs have you done" are "I've done ZERO!"  I feel
    like a total former druggie, haha!

I have no shame. I did that crap 6 years ago.
  • I used to smoke weed on occasion. DF used to smoke a lot. I stopped 3 years ago after being so high I thought everything I ate was lava going down my throat. But once i thought i figured out the cure for cancer and how cds work. Good times...
  • Never did drugs, never had the desire. I guess the Warfarin I take is bad, it is rat poison but I don't think that is what you mean.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • I surprised at how many people answered that they'd never done drugs. That is also my answer, but this thread wasn't really directed at people who hadn't used anything before. 
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nice to know I'm the hood rat of the board!
  • imageJayandEmm:
    Nice to know I'm the hood rat of the board!

You're just the only one brave enough to admit it. 

• I tried to sell weed once. It was too much work and not enough smoking.

I also did shrooms 4 or 5 times! That high lasted for 6 freaking hours.
  • What drugs have you done? I won't name them all because who knows who is watching. Weed, and a few other things. No coke, no shrooms, no acod.

How were you introduced to them? Friends

How often would to partake in said drug?Almost every day

Which was your favorite? Weed

If there were no repercussions what would you do now? I'd probably smoke regularly if it was legal.
  • imageBecc77:

imageJayandEmm:

Come on, ladies! I'm not ashamed of my past. I did some very questionable things that could have gotten me in huge amounts of trouble, but that was YEARS ago and I'm the most boring person you'll ever meet now.
  • imagemlynne37wiu:

imageJayandEmm:
    I tried to sell weed once. It was too much work and not enough smoking.
    I also did shrooms 4 or 5 times! That high lasted for 6 freaking hours.

I was too
    freaked out to ever do shrooms.  Did you ever have a bad trip?  That's what I was most petrified of. 

Not with shrooms. Shrooms was fun for the first few hours, then it just gets old. Like, you get tired of thinking everything is majestic.
  • imageJayandEmm:
    imageBecc77:

imageJayandEmm:

Come on, ladies! I'm not ashamed of my past. I did some very questionable things that could have gotten me in huge amounts of trouble, but that was YEARS ago and I'm the most boring person you'll ever meet now.

I'm not ashamed, but paranoid. Must be the residual effects of all the weed I inhaled. And I was just thinking about how lame I am now because I am so excited about watching a special 2 hour episode of Dateline tonight. It's a new one. I hate when they show repeats. 

• imageJayandEmm:
    I tried to sell weed once. It was too much work and not enough smoking

I used to make a lot of money, and smoke for free!

Also, it kind of sucks that people are afraid to post about the actual topic of this thread since people that have never done it stuck their noses up about it.
  • imageTula214:
    imageJayandEmm:
    I used to make a lot of money, and smoke for free! Also, it kind of sucks that people are afraid to post about the actual topic of this thread since people that have never done it stuck their noses up about it.

Ooooh, you tell 'em, girl! 

• amaiteamaite member
    imageBecc77:

imageTula214:
    imageJayandEmm:

I used to make a lot of money, and smoke for free!

Also, it kind of sucks that people are afraid to post about the actual topic of this thread since people that have never done it stuck their noses up about it.

I don't think anyone stuck their nose up about it. I didn't realize the post was meant only for those who had done drugs. If someone had said, which vietnamese dishes have you had, I would say I haven't had vietnamese food, not think that I was automatically excluded from posting.
  • imageamaite:
    imageBecc77:

imageTula214:
    imageJayandEmm:
    I used to make a lot of money, and smoke for free! Also, it kind of sucks that people are afraid to post about the actual topic of this thread since people that have never done it stuck their noses up about it.

I don't think anyone stuck their nose up about it. I didn't realize the post was meant only for those who had done drugs. If someone had said, which vietnamese dishes have you had, I would say I haven't had vietnamese food, not think that I was automatically excluded from posting.

I am picturing Jay&Emm, Tula, Mlynne and myself as the "bad" kids dressed in black, passing a joint around in the back of the high school, while the rest of the Bump "good" kids look on in disgust. Except, I don't remember ever seeing a picture of Mlynne so instead I am opting to picture the Dude from the Big Lebowski in an ode to her love of White Russians. And I swear, I am not on drugs now. 

• Oh me, I debated about just staying quiet on this one. People can be pretty judgmental when it comes to what I'm about to say. Here goes. .

I had a terrible addiction to prescription opiates. Like, think of Nurse Jackie, and think of way worse. However, I didn't steal drugs, I always had so many doctors willing to write me whatever I wanted. I injured my back at work while trying to get a large man out of a vehicle who wasn't breathing. He ended up dying later that night. I herniated one disc and had a severe bulging disk below it.

I stayed in active addiction for about 3 years. I was a functional addict. Never got in trouble with the law, my job or anything like that. My rock bottom was when I bagged a teenage boy for doing about 1/10th of the stuff I was doing 5x a day.

I checked myself into a 7 day stent in detox and rehab while my kids were at Disney with their grandparents. I started seeing an addictionologist and a psychologist. I had 2 seizures in rehab because my brain was a hot mess.

I've been sober now almost 2 years.

My story wasn't nearly as fun and lighthearted as the rest of yours but, oh well, here it is.

Hopefully you guys won't judge me too hard. Be gentle....

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• imagemelmarie26:
    Oh me, I debated about just staying quiet on this one. People can be pretty judgmental when it comes to what I'm about to say. Here goes. . I had a terrible addiction to prescription opiates. Like, think of Nurse Jackie, and think of way worse. However, I didn't steal drugs, I always had so many doctors willing to write me whatever I wanted. I injured my back at work while trying to get a large man out of a vehicle who wasn't breathing. He ended up dying later that night. I herniated one disc and had a severe bulging disk below it. I stayed in active addiction for about 3 years. I was a functional addict. Never got in trouble with the law, my job or anything like that. My rock bottom was when I bagged a teenage boy for doing about 1/10th of the stuff I was doing 5x a day. I checked myself into a 7 day stent in detox and rehab while my kids were at Disney with their grandparents. I started seeing an addictionologist and a psychologist. I had 2 seizures in rehab because my brain was a hot mess. I've been sober now almost 2 years. My story wasn't nearly as fun and lighthearted as the rest of yours but, oh well, here it is. Hopefully you guys won't judge me too hard. Be gentle....

I think you are a very brave and strong person for seeking help and getting sober. I know I kid about my past drug use, but thankfully I wasn't an addict. I have lost people close to me who were. Kudos to you. 

• imageamaite:
    I have never done any drugs, and have no interest in doing them now.

Ditto.

Didn't realize this was coming off and judgey.  Just saying I've never done them and dont' plan on it.  I tried to delete this, but I cannot.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• imagemelmarie26:
    Oh me, I debated about just staying quiet on this one. People can be pretty judgmental when it comes to what I'm about to say. Here goes. . I had a terrible addiction to prescription opiates. Like, think of Nurse Jackie, and think of way worse. However, I didn't steal drugs, I always had so many doctors willing to write me whatever I wanted. I injured my back at work while trying to get a large man out of a vehicle who wasn't breathing. He ended up dying later that night. I herniated one disc and had a severe bulging disk below it. I stayed in active addiction for about 3 years. I was a functional addict. Never got in trouble with the law, my job or anything like that. My rock bottom was when I bagged a teenage boy for doing about 1/10th of the stuff I was doing 5x a day. I checked myself into a 7 day stent in detox and rehab while my kids were at Disney with their grandparents. I started seeing an addictionologist and a psychologist. I had 2 seizures in rehab because my brain was a hot mess. I've been sober now almost 2 years. My story wasn't nearly as fun and lighthearted as the rest of yours but, oh well, here it is. Hopefully you guys won't judge me too hard. Be gentle....
    Hugs Mel. My dad is addicted to opiates, but not RX, in their plant form.

I debated on whether to reply on this thread, but I will.

I have done everything but heroin. Everything.

I AM ashamed of it.

• I did ecstasy for about 3 months after graduating high school when I started dating a guy that did it. I liked it and would do it again (if no repercussions) and only stopped doing it when the xbf stopped buying it for me, ha!

I tried weed a hand full of times but it always made me extremely lethargic and puke. I don't even like the smell.

Anniversary
  • No judgement Mel. Good for you for realizing you needed help and getting the help you needed.
    No judgment on anyone. I didn't mean to place judgement on anyone by saying I haven't done drugs before.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • imagejodegaard:
    I surprised at how many people answered that they'd never done drugs. That is also my answer, but this thread wasn't really directed at people who hadn't used anything before.nbsp;

My thoughts exactly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • To join the party, but only sorta

What drugs have you done? only pot
    How were you introduced to them? college friends and coworkers
    How often would to partake in said drug? less than 5 separate occasions, now how much in those 5 separate "occasions" is left up to imagination
    If there were no repercussions what would you do now? I'd do it recreationally. I have always been a shy and introverted person in social situations and around guys, but when I was high I was how I described a "normal" social person
    Any fun/interesting stories to share? no matter who I was with, what I was doing, or where I was... I always wanted tortillas... fresh tortillas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"