January 2013 Moms

car sun shades

Ok ladies. I'm having trouble committing to buying a sun shade for our cars...but we are putting DS in his convertible car seat here really soon and I just cannot pull the trigger. So in your experience, do you have a kind/brand you like...the kind that hook over the top of your window, the kind with suction cups or the ones that cling right to the glass? Help! There are so many kinds and I don't want to be cussing it out every day because if falls down constantly!

TIA! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: car sun shades

• imagejobiann:

Ok ladies. I'm having trouble committing to buying a sun shade for our cars...but we are putting DS in his convertible car seat here really soon and I just cannot pull the trigger. So in your experience, do you have a kind/brand you like...the kind that hook over the top of your window, the kind with suction cups or the ones that cling right to the glass? Help! There are so many kinds and I don't want to be cussing it out every day because if falls down constantly!

TIA! 

I have a Britax (I think), which is a suction cup one - it honestly, doesn't work too well, even in the mornings the sun is still in his eyes. I need to look into a different kind.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatrine_05:
    I have the Jolly Jumper one with the suction cups.  The sun still gets through since it doesn't cover the whole window, and the bottom suction cup doesn't stick all the time, so it ends up flapping around.

Mine does the flapping around too lol - everyday, I re-stick it just to have it come off again, pretty annoying!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekatrine_05:
    I have the Jolly Jumper one with the suction cups. nbsp;The sun still gets through since it doesn't cover the whole window, and the bottom suction cup doesn't stick all the time, so it ends up flapping around.

Same here!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I've been worried about this since I just bought DD a convertible carseat. I purchased a 2 pack Eddie Bauer cling on shades from Target. Haven't used them yet but I hope they work! Hoping someone else will post that they use them and love them...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Britax cling shade and it works well but I need like 3 more of them because it seems like the sun intentionally evades it and comes in everywhere it doesn't cover.

• imageloreeann86:
    I've been worried about this since I just bought DD a convertible carseat. I purchased a 2 pack Eddie Bauer cling on shades from Target. Haven't used them yet but I hope they work! Hoping someone else will post that they use them and love them...

Lurker coming out to say - Love them :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageloreeann86:
    I've been worried about this since I just bought DD a convertible carseat. I purchased a 2 pack Eddie Bauer cling on shades from Target. Haven't used them yet but I hope they work! Hoping someone else will post that they use them and love them...

I bought the Eddie Bauer shades and have been happy with them. They block out the sun well enough, the suction cups have never come off and they're easy to put on and take off if we're switching vehicles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageloreeann86:

I purchased the same ones. I can't say I love it, but it gets the job done, sort of. I wish it covered more of the window. In the mornings the sun tends to get around it. It could also be my car, I have an explored. DH seems to think it has more coverage in his car, an accord. I don't love, but don't hate it.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• We have suction cups shades, DS's has been up for 2+ years and DD's for 6 months and they have fallen down just once (because DS pulled it out)

I don't remember the brand (maybe security first) they come in pairs so we have a Disney's Cars and a Disney's Princess shade in each car

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I currently have a suction cup one from Babies R Us but I am not in love with it as there are times when sun still comes in as PP have mentioned.  I have been looking at these at Target:

https://www.target.com/p/brica-stretch-to-fit-window-shade/-/A-13929425#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=baby+car+shades

has anyone used these??? 

• I had the Eddie Bauer ones that went over the window, but I accidentally lowered the window one day and broke it. Then I bought the one that just clings to the window by Munchkin at Walmart. I actually like it better....at 1/3 the price. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePrivacyWanted:
    We have the cling shades. A couple of years ago I had a case where the force of impact caused the suction to come off and the child had an eye injury. they may not have properly installed the suction cups, but it was enough for me to not allow that. And for the same reason I don't allow loose toys in the car or anything else that's not firmly secured

I agree with this. When a police officer installed our car seats he strongly recommended getting cling on shades instead of suction shades because in a car accident the shade could come flying off the window and injure your baby. I won't go into the gory details but he was very descriptive in the things he has seen. He said the same about the mirrors that go on the seat. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"