May 2013 Moms

Bfing smiles

I know that bfing is hard and not for everyone. I'm one of those who likes it and does feel the bonding with LO during it.

Anyway, my favorite part is after he is done and starts falling asleep in my arms, he gives a great big smile... Makes me feel so good!

I know the smile may not be on purpose but I like to think it is. Makes being this tired worth it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2:
March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

Re: Bfing smiles

• I am BF also and love those smiles. LO is just now 6 weeks so can't wait till they are true social smiles but I'll still take my milk drunk smiles in the meantime.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I'm one that struggles with it, and is still waiting to feel that bonding, but, I absolutely love the little sleepy smile when he passes out on my shoulder immediately when it's time to burp.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not one who cares for BFing, but I nurse before bed and first thing in the AM...I pump and do bottles during the day...but this morning, after LO was done nursing, she let out this little toot, smiles huge and passed out in my arms. Uhh love her to pieces!!!
  • I've had relatively stress free nursing experiences with both babes, so for me it's always been enjoyable. However, the nursing smiles just take it over the top. My little guy is 12 weeks, so we play with each other's hands while nursing, and he'll sometimes stop and smile and then dive back at the boob. Definitely makes me appreciate how easy BFing has been for me, I am a lucky lady.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Those smiles are the best part of my day!! DS now not only does his "milk drunk" smiles but also pulls off to give me a social smile :)

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • imageAliciaR777:
    I've had relatively stress free nursing experiences with both babes, so for me it's always been enjoyable. However, the nursing smiles just take it over the top. My little guy is 12 weeks, so we play with each other's hands while nursing, and he'll sometimes stop and smile and then dive back at the boob. Definitely makes me appreciate how easy BFing has been for me, I am a lucky lady.
    i feel the same way!

TTC #2:

• April!April! member

I love the little smiles too! Sometimes he looks up me in the middle of eating and smiles and it melts my heart. Makes our rough start worth it.

One time I swear he looked up at me and winked!  

BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • delinodelino member
    Lucky for us moms that BF didn't work regardless of how hard we tried...we get those same moments with a bottle.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imagedelino:
    Lucky for us moms that BF didn't work regardless of how hard we tried...we get those same moments with a bottle.

I was thinking this... Babies don't care where it comes from, they just like to be held and be full!
  • imagedelino:
    im glad!!! We haven't done bottles yet so I'm glad to know those smiles are still there!

TTC #2:

• imageApril!:
    I love the little smiles too! Sometimes he looks up me in the middle of eating and smiles and it melts my heart. Makes our rough start worth it.One time I swear he looked up at me and winked! nbsp;

Same. I love the smiles while still attached to the boob :
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageApril!:
    I love the little smiles too! Sometimes he looks up me in the middle of eating and smiles and it melts my heart. Makes our rough start worth it.One time I swear he looked up at me and winked! nbsp;

Same. I love the smiles while still attached to the boob
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Edit

The moments early in the morning when she is fully fed and still sleepy are the best.

Edit I was trying to edit and re word but it erased more than I wanted. Basically, I love the social smiles, babies can social smile or even laugh pretty early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"