May 2012 Moms

FFFC

I don't like coffee or beer. Both taste disgusting.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• fryratfryrat member
    I went low carb because I started gaining weight after being the same for soooo long. I'm seeing results, but man, do I miss those carbs!
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelittleredfish:

you shut your mouth 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • I've already gained 5 lbs since stopping daytime BFing.  I almost want to start again b/c it was easier than working out!  j/k...kind of

image   image

• I resent how much effort I put into preparing meals only to have DD dump half of it on the floor and refuse to eat anything that she randomly decides she doesn't feel like eating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageELF4321:
    I resent how much effort I put into preparing meals only to have DD dump half of it on the floor and refuse to eat anything that she randomly decides she doesn't feel like eating.

I completely agree!!!
  • I agree that beer is disgusting. DH has been insisting to me for the past 10 years I've known him that "it's an acquired taste" but I literally gag on it before I can even swallow it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • imagelittleredfish:

Same here. And the smell, hate the smell too!

Unfortunately, I come from a family where everyone does drink both and I am judged and mocked for not doing so. I don't like visiting my family much now...  

• Funny, I hate coffee but love really bitter beer.  My fffc is that I'm supposed to go over to my friend's house to help plan her shower sometime today and I'm procrastinating.  I had offered to help her friend plan it, thinking it would be a normal shower where you know, her friend picks out some decorations and I get to make some cupcakes or whatever, but it's turned into her dictating every little item so I'm really not looking forward to it...I mean I'm excited for her having a baby and all, but seriously, can she at least let us figure out what to serve and what colors to use?  It's not THAT big of a deal is it? :)
  • imageEMO-mamma:
    I've already gained 5 lbs since stopping daytime BFing.  I almost want to start again b/c it was easier than working out!  j/k...kind of

I'm totally fearing this!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Now that DD is on a more solid schedule and much more easy going then when she was a baby I guess I can find the time and energy to start a more regular work out routine. I'm dreading it though. There are so many other things that I need to do throughout the day(clean, laundry, dishes, etc) that I sometimes can't justify working out when the dishes are piled sky high. I know I'm making excuses but at least they are legitimate excuses!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• I have another one. DH finally went in for a vasectomy earlier this week and has been a complete PITA and totally useless since then. The doctor told him no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise until his checkup next week. Which has translated into DH sitting around watching TV and playing on his iPad all day plus several hours of napping each day. Grrrr

• imagezoeygirl1105:
    I don't really care when the Royal baby is due...

Ugh, no kidding. I was at the store with a friend and saw her on the cover of a magazine. I said "wow, she hasn't had that baby yet?" To which my friend replied "no, how are you not in the loop? Its like the most important baby to be born!" I almost peed in Walmart laughing at the total lunacy of that statement. I don't understand the interest, but I also didn't get it for their wedding.

ETA: sorry for missing puncuation, my phone hates grammar on mobile bump.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageELF4321:
    I have another one. DH finally went in for a vasectomy earlier this week and has been a complete PITA and totally useless since then. The doctor told him no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise until his checkup next week. Which has translated into DH sitting around watching TV and playing on his iPad all day plus several hours of napping each day. Grrrr

DH had his vasectomy in the fall and I went through the same thing. There was much complaining.

As for the beer and coffee haters... I don't function without my coffee and when forced to try NO ONE LIKES ME.... NOT EVEN ME! Beer is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. I especially like rickard's red but have recently fallen in love with President's Choice honey red. It's much cheaper but doesn't taste like crap like the other cheap beers. I believe most people can find a beer they can like, you just have to try some different ones.

• My full time job is as a drug and alcohol counselor. The turn over of clients is very high and many addicts have the same behaviors and issues that the job becomes really redundant. There are times that I am sitting with clients using the same BS excuses for drugging. I sit there staring at them with an interested expression on my face when inside my head I am screaming "SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!!! TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR OWN SH*T ALREADY!!!!!" And then I of course follow that by saying aloud something very therapeutic.

• imagezoeygirl1105:

imageMelissaMiso:
    My full time job is as a drug and alcohol counselor. The turn over of clients is very high and many addicts have the same behaviors and issues that the job becomes really redundant. There are times that I am sitting with clients using the same BS excuses for drugging. I sit there staring at them with an interested expression on my face when inside my head I am screaming "SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!!! TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR OWN SH*T ALREADY!!!!!" And then I of course follow that by saying aloud something very therapeutic.

I almost lost my brother to addiction so I'm not sure how to take this. I'm just going to pretend I'm reading it wrong.... 

Not talking about the addicts themselves, I'm talking about the behavior that many of my clients display which is not taking accountability for their actions. Often times people in treatment are mandated or "momdated" and really are not ready to make changes. As a counselor you hear the same excuses over and over again, it gets maddening and frustrating because those that aren't ready to get help don't make the effort.

• Ok so I agree with gaining weight since Lucas bf less and HATING it!! I've been pregnant or bf for over three years this havering no excuse for being chubby is the pits!!

I had the esure which is like tube tying last year partly because I didn't want dh to be a baby about a vasectomy AND because I wanted to be the one who made the sacrifice.

I don't line beer much but I do not understand how anyone could dislike coffee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imagezoeygirl1105:
    imageMelissaMiso:
    imagezoeygirl1105:

imageMelissaMiso:
    My full time job is as a drug and alcohol counselor. The turn over of clients is very high and many addicts have the same behaviors and issues that the job becomes really redundant. There are times that I am sitting with clients using the same BS excuses for drugging. I sit there staring at them with an interested expression on my face when inside my head I am screaming "SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!!! TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR OWN SH*T ALREADY!!!!!" And then I of course follow that by saying aloud something very therapeutic.

I almost lost my brother to addiction so I'm not sure how to take this. I'm just going to pretend I'm reading it wrong.... 

Not talking about the addicts themselves, I'm talking about the behavior that many of my clients display which is not taking accountability for their actions. Often times people in treatment are mandated or "momdated" and really are not ready to make changes. As a counselor you hear the same excuses over and over again, it gets maddening and frustrating because those that aren't ready to get help don't make the effort.

I get it. When I first read it I was like wait...what?!? But I can only imagine how frustrating your job is.

Addiction is really an awful disease. I'm sorry you have to deal with it with your brother and hope he is doing well today. I see how it hurts family and how helpless family members can feel. No one else, except the addict, can keep a person clean. We (counselors/family) can only offer support but it's up to them if they take it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"