November 2012 Moms

Poop with solids

I am a little concerned about DD poops.

We are fully into solids. I give her oatmeal cereal with either veggie or fruit 3xs a day along with our three EBF sessions.

But i've noticed a struggle while shes going to the bathroom lately. Her face turns red she even grunts and whines alittle.

anyone else having this issue? is there anything i can do to help her 

Re: Poop with solids

• I've noticed LO seems to be having the same problem. I'm not sure how to help since I've got the same question. Em is still breast feeding with two solid meals a day. When I remember I also try to give her a little water to help with digestion. 
  • My DS has been struggling with this. I try to give a few ounces of water every day but he's not a huge fan unless he is trying to drink it himself out of a big cup. Otherwise I give him 3 ounces if prune juice about every other day or third day. That has helped tremendously. But before that I cut out all BRAT food. Bananas, rice, apples, toast, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • kbl13kbl13 member
    I was noticing the same thing, so I started giving B either prune or plum pur?e for 1 meal every other day... definitely made  a difference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Your baby is barely 6 months old and only has 3 servings of milk a day?!

Our babies are 7.5 to 9+ months and those that get breast milk, most are still having 5 to 8 or more servings of milk daily.

Perhaps try giving more liquids and reduce the oatmeal. Babies need lots of liquids to keep their poo soft. Milk, milk, milk.  

• Very normal. Once they start solids, their poops turn into actual normal people poops is what I say lol

My LO still struggles a bit but I give him a big of apple prune juice daily. They struggle at first because it is obviously different to them and they aren't use to having to try so hard. But she will start to get the hang of it and it wont be as difficult.

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"