April 2013 Moms

SAHM's Routine or mix it up?

First off anyone trying to wake baby around same time everyday? Is it too early for that. Some days she's up at 6, others 9.

Second do you try to keep the same routine or mix things up? Right now she wakes and we fed in the livin room. Then she sits in her bouncer while I make and eat breakfast. After a bit she moves to living room playmat an Ill clean up kitchen and living areas. Then naptime, wake, eat, playtime on nursery playmat while I do laundry and clean bedrooms.

Anyway, you don't need to hear my full day but basically we keep the same rotation everyday we are home. Once or twice a week we get out of the house so it's different. Is keeping the same routine good or should I try and mix up what we do when, aside from eating and sleeping of course.

ETA (C&P from below reply).  

She's sets her schedule right now (waking, eating, napping, etc) . I follow her ques but all the days go the in exact same order everyday and I am deciding if I need to mix it up for her r keep it the same for her to keep HER routine. When I say mix it up I mean different playmat or room at different time. Walk after 1st nap instead of 3rd, etc

Re: SAHM's Routine or mix it up?

• Please, please do not wake a sleeping baby. It is considered restorative, helps lower stress levels and helps your baby grow. Even as they are older, if they are sleeping, let them sleep! You don't like to be woken up, do you? It is also very early to establish any routine if your baby has not done so himself. I posted a link about baby sleep a few threads down.

Our days are similar each day. DS wakes up, eats, then we play in bed until his first morning nap then I'll go back to sleep too. Then he wakes, eats, and play until second morning nap. Then his 3rd nap is around 1 and he'll sleep all afternoon. In the meantime, I eat, workout, clean, have some "me" time such as respond to emails, paint my nails, shower. H comes home, we have dinner, go for a 1.5 hr walk, feed DS, play and bedtime
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Please, please do not wake a sleeping baby. It is considered restorative, helps lower stress levels and helps your baby grow. Even as they are older, if they are sleeping, let them sleep! You don't like to be woken up, do you? It is also very early to establish any routine if your baby has not done so himself. I posted a link about baby sleep a few threads down.

Our days are similar each day. DS wakes up, eats, then we play in bed until his first morning nap then I'll go back to sleep too. Then he wakes, eats, and play until second morning nap. Then his 3rd nap is around 1 and he'll sleep all afternoon. In the meantime, I eat, workout, clean, have some "me" time such as respond to emails, paint my nails, shower. H comes home, we have dinner, go for a 1.5 hr walk, feed DS, play and bedtime

I'm not trying to establish a routine. I follow her ques but all the days go the in exact same order everyday and I am deciding if I need to mix it up for her r keep it the same for her to keep HER routine. When I say mix it up I mean different playmat or room at different time. Walk after 1st nap instead of 3rd, etc

As far as waking I'm reading very mixed reviews. Some things I've read that around 3 months we should start waking, just like we started a bedtime. I don't like to be woken but when my alarm doesn't go off and I sleep too late I also know I kinda feel like crap the rest of the day

• Loading the player...
  • FTM here.  DD seems to love the routine.  We have a very similar one to yours.  I let her sleep as much as she needs to right now.  We also try to get out of the house 2-3 times a week for my sanity, and she likes being out and about as well.

• I have a 2 year old so we have fallen into a schedule to function. I think my DD is getting used to the schedule but its not exact. I never wake a sleeping baby either! I think with my DS I tried a schedule when he was 4 months which went ok. I wasn't strict but I definitely wouldn't have tried any earlier.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I follow his schedule, basically just feed on demand and let him sleep when he wants to sleep. He's regulated things pretty well on his own.
  • imageNicoleSB80:
    imageRussianMommy:
    Please, please do not wake a sleeping baby. It is considered restorative, helps lower stress levels and helps your baby grow. Even as they are older, if they are sleeping, let them sleep! You don't like to be woken up, do you? It is also very early to establish any routine if your baby has not done so himself. I posted a link about baby sleep a few threads down. Our days are similar each day. DS wakes up, eats, then we play in bed until his first morning nap then I'll go back to sleep too. Then he wakes, eats, and play until second morning nap. Then his 3rd nap is around 1 and he'll sleep all afternoon. In the meantime, I eat, workout, clean, have some "me" time such as respond to emails, paint my nails, shower. H comes home, we have dinner, go for a 1.5 hr walk, feed DS, play and bedtime
    I'm not trying to establish a routine. I follow her ques but all the days go the in exact same order everyday and I am deciding if I need to mix it up for her r keep it the same for her to keep HER routine. When I say mix it up I mean different playmat or room at different time. Walk after 1st nap instead of 3rd, etc As far as waking I'm reading very mixed reviews. Some things I've read that around 3 months we should start waking, just like we started a bedtime. I don't like to be woken but when my alarm doesn't go off and I sleep too late I also know I kinda feel like crap the rest of the day

Just do whatever feels natural. it's your child, you're the parent. if you want to walk at 10 am one day and then 3pm the next day, your baby isn't going to know the difference really. just do whatever you want.

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Please, please do not wake a sleeping baby. It is considered restorative, helps lower stress levels and helps your baby grow. Even as they are older, if they are sleeping, let them sleep! You don't like to be woken up, do you? It is also very early to establish any routine if your baby has not done so himself. I posted a link about baby sleep a few threads down.

Our routine is very similar to this. I also never ever wake a sleeping baby. I'm so happy when she has long restorative naps no matter what time they occur at!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJillibean68:
    I follow his schedule, basically just feed on demand and let him sleep when he wants to sleep. He's regulated things pretty well on his own.

Same for us. The only thing that's really routine is our mornings. When she wakes, I feed her, then put her in her chair for about half an hour while I have breakfast. Then I bathe her (she is much happier in the morning than in the evening, so we do baths in the mornings) either in her bath or sponge bath. Shortly after, she's ready for a nap. After that, we pretty much follow an eat, play, sleep routine. If we go out, I wait until right after she's fed and do it late morning/early afternoon. Then bedtime lately has been around 8:30pm. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"