September 2012 Moms

Help me :(((((((((((((

fak fak fak fak fak fak fak

I can't calm down.  3 positive preg tests.  I have been the most unhealthy person on the face of the planet for the last 3 weeks.  I can't stop freaking out.  I'm not really thinking rationally and I can't stop crying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Help me :(((((((((((((

• miss50miss50 member
    calm down.  calm down. 

• hmp1hmp1 member

Don't worry about the being unhealthy part. My sister didn't know she was pregnant with #2 until she was almost 12 weeks. She was on BC, Fen Phen, and went to Mexico ie lots of alcohol. 

Second, Winnie is going to be the best big sister ever!!!! 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • I bought a pack of cigarettes last week and have smoked like 4 a day since - don't even ask why, I don't fvucking know, I was feeling smothered by work and home life and it was my rebellion.  Boy I showed them, huh?

I haven't been drinking enough water for a few weeks to the point that my pee is neon orange.  I have pretty much not been eating for a few weeks and have lost a lot of weight.  I got a little boozy twice last week.  I pulled two almost-all-nighters (< 3 hours of sleep) this week and two real all-nighters last week.  I mean really, could I have done anything else to completely fvuck up?

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Most second time moms get little sleep during the second pregnancy. Don't stress about it, really. What's done is done and it doesn't matter at all. I was literally drinking when I took my pee test with James :)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• BPerBPer member

First, take a breath, your baby is going to be fine.

Second, congratulations whether you were trying or not.

Have you told your H? If not, tell him.

Call your doctor, tell them your concerns, and see if you can get in ASAP for blood work to set your mind at ease.

Everything will be okay! 

• I have a September baby. Which means I got KTFU in early December. We decided to not actively try [but not prevent] in December so I could drink over the holidays. Which I did. And I tested on NYE and it was neg so I drank lots. Then found out on the 4th I was actually PG. J is 100 fine. So ditto all PPs that said until the embryo attaches an gives you a positive test, you aren't doing damage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Breathe! You will be fine. I found out I was pregnant New Years Day, there was lots of drinking the night before.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) take a breath - trying

2) Take another breath :(

3) The embryo hasn't attached yet, I promise you haven't done any damage.  I don't even know when my last period was.  I felt like I should have been getting one soon.  But now that I'm looking at the calendar, maybe it was 4 or 5 weeks ago.  My weeks blur together because I've been drowning in work.

4) were you trying? Take a week to let it set in.  Fvuck no.  We wanted another, but in 2 years.  Fvuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.

5) call your doctor.  I did.  The nurse talked me out of my bold denial.

6) scratch that, call your husband.  I am terrified to do that.  He has been so mad at me for not taking care of myself.  I can't even predict how mad he'll be at me now.

• It's stressful, but baby will be just fine. Start drinking some water, throw out the cigs, and go call the dr. Baby will be fine. During most of the time you described, it was probably just a bunch of cells floating around anyway. Placenta is likely just now forming. Congrats!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • oh Honey, you ad babe will be fine. Freaking out right now won't help. deep breathes, tell your H and make a doc apt.

most importantly: Congrats!! you got this!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehmp&mrj:
    Most second time moms get little sleep during the second pregnancy. Don't stress about it, really. What's done is done and it doesn't matter at all. I was literally drinking when I took my pee test with James :)

This made me LOL!

THT, deep breathes.  It's gonna be fine.  You didn't do any damage with a week of smoking and a couple times drinking.  Dry your tears (or shed as many as you need to), and splash some cool water on your face, and calm down.  :)  I'm sure everything will be okay.  Oh and congrats!

Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Listen to Lois, she's smart, I like her list.

I would like to add to her list.

8) put the cigs in the trash

9) drink a glass of water. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetinyhumantoe:
    1 take a breath trying
    2 Take another breath :
    3 The embryo hasn't attached yet, I promise you haven't done any damage.nbsp; I don't even know when my last period was.nbsp; I felt like I should have been getting one soon.nbsp; But now that I'm looking at the calendar, maybe it was 4 or 5 weeks ago.nbsp; My weeks blur together because I've been drowning in work.
    4 were you trying? Take a week to let it set in.nbsp; Fvuck no.nbsp; We wanted another, but in 2 years.nbsp; Fvuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.
    5 call your doctor.nbsp; I did.nbsp; The nurse talked me out of my bold denial.
    6 scratch that, call your husband.nbsp; I am terrified to do that.nbsp; He has been so mad at me for not taking care of myself.nbsp; I can't even predict how mad he'll be at me now.

My DS2 was a big surprise too. I wasnt sure I wanted another one period, and even if I did it wouldn't have been for at least another two years. I freaked out and was certain my DH was going to be pissed. He was actually very happy. DS2 is one of the biggest blessings and his timing ended up being perfect because a bunch of negative stuff happened to our family at the same and he was a major point of happiness. Hang in there!
  • There is nothing I can do about any of that crap now.  I hate how I feel about it all, but the smart part of my brain knows it's not a big deal.

So I guess I have to tell DH :(

And I'm leaving on vacation today.  8 days on a houseboat with my family.  We call it the booze cruise.  Ticket for one on the snooze cruise.  Can I go tubing?  Like, rough whip tubing?

I'm starting to feel better.  Fvuck me.  TWIS4WA.  <------ there's a prize for decoding that

• Par13Par13 member
    Just breathe. You can handle this! Just take it one thing at a time. Start small like pitching your cigs and grabbing your water bottle.
    Also, congrats! Winnie is going to be an adorable big sister!

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• imagetinyhumantoe:

There is nothing I can do about any of that crap now.  I hate how I feel about it all, but the smart part of my brain knows it's not a big deal.

So I guess I have to tell DH :(

And I'm leaving on vacation today.  8 days on a houseboat with my family.  We call it the booze cruise.  Ticket for one on the snooze cruise.  Can I go tubing?  Like, rough whip tubing?

I'm starting to feel better.  Fvuck me.  TWIS4WA.  <------ there's a prize for decoding that

I passed on Tubing and Wakeboarding during both my pregnancies (as well as snowboarding but that is not applicable here clearly)

You could pretend you have the stomach bug? It is going around...

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • imageAKB090609:

Listen to Lois, she's smart, I like her list.

I would like to add to her list.

8) put the cigs in the trash

9) drink a glass of water. 

done & done

HMP - I had just finished a margarita the size of my head, and a few days before a total binge drinking party.  Maybe that's why Winnie likes to party til she drops.

Thank you ladies.  I look back at how worried I was with W's pregnancy because of the drinking, and it seems so dumb.  The hard part is going to be letting DH get through his freak out feelings without getting crushed.

• imagetinyhumantoe:

Congrats! It will be ok! As for the tubing... I would say probably not :( But that's just my opinion.

That was one of the hardest things for me last summer was no tubing at the lake!

• Here's the thing.  We spend so much time and concern being uber healthy pregnant ladies (not that this is bad! but still) that we forget that the human race survived through famine, drought, and those eras of history where all people drank was gin.  And plenty of the time they smoked like chimneys, too.  So don't worry that you've damaged anything--you're fine.  Good gravy, some people have such bad morning sickness that they don't eat much of anything, let alone healthy food, for months! Worry about you right now.  Take care of yourself mentally, get support around you, and breathe.

Do NOT feel guilty.  You weren't doing anything wrong when you had a cigarette or didn't drink enough water.  You weren't trying to hurt anyone.  Just because you're going to move forward with a different set of healthy practices now doesn't mean you are guilty of doing anything wrong before. 

• imageHolly_1007:

I passed on Tubing and Wakeboarding during both my pregnancies (as well as snowboarding but that is not applicable here clearly)

You could pretend you have the stomach bug? It is going around...

I'm laughing now.  I'm "frank the tank" of my family.  They'll know by 10am tomorrow.  I always crack open a morning beer on the first day of vacation.  

We bought so much beer.  Margaritas, bloody mary stuff, dirty gin martinis....................... ::tear::

• I agree with everything everyone else has already said, and congratulations! The shock will wear off, just give it some time! Drink some water and try to calm down! I really hope your H can look past te way things have been and be very happy about the news!

Anniversary

• imagemnkate:

Oh, THT! What a shock -- take some time to let it settle in. I had a stretch of partying it up right before I found out I was KU'd with August - so I can understand the "What Ifs" running rampant in your head right now.

In other news, how mad are you going to be when I name my boy Augie?

• Ugh, I'm not sure what's so fun about being on a houseboat if you remove the booze and tubing.

My parade is getting shat on.

• This was so me when I got my BFP with my Dec baby.  Just give yourself time to digest the information.  Trust me, there was a ton of swearing and tears when I first found out, but you'll get through it. 

Your baby will not be harmed from a few weeks of smoking or sleep dep or not taking care of yourself when you didn't know you were pregnant.  Nature gives us a grace period where that stuff doesn't affect the fetus when we couldn't have know it existed.

Do tell your DH... do it in person.  I find they respond better if you're already in tears and freaking out.  Seriously though, you'll feel better when he knows and can support you, even if he responds in shock at first. 

I remember internally rolling my eyes every time someone said congratulations at first, but congratulations.  Babies are a joy, and this one will make your life better, I promise!

ETA: My condolences on having to pass up the alcohol though! 

• Yay for moar babies!  Congrats! <3

• Also, I really want to know what brand that outfit Winnie had on on IG is.  I NEED ONE. :)

• Well congrats!! Your babe will be just fine. I did and awful lot of fake drinking as well if you need any tips!
                  image     image
  • CONGRATS!!!  
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • Everyone has done a great job at calming you down and offering advice. And I agree, Winnie is going to be a great big sister. I'm sorry your vacation is not going to be what you planned. You'll find other ways to enjoy yourself!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • miss50miss50 member
    If you look at the IG video with W and the ferret near the water dish(sorry dude, i can't remember your name) I promise today will get better.  I watched it today and it made my day!

• imagenoloveintennis:
    Breathe! You will be fine. I found out I was pregnant New Years Day, there was lots of drinking the night before.

This exactly.

Congrats! 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Congrats!! All the other ladies have said it perfectly.

Don't worry and freak! You are going to have an adorable squishy little baby!!!  

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Breathe. It will be OK. With DD, I took a pregnancy test in December and it was negative. So I drank over the course of the holidays, ate a bunch of crap I probably shouldn't have and didn't find out until late January that I was indeed pregnant. She is perfectly healthy and fine. Call your doctor, tell them your concerns then enjoy the miracle of being pregnant again. Congrats.

• Breathe. You can do this. It's ok. Maybe go for a slow walk. Look at plants while working on slowing your breathing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats THT!  I think everyone covered everything, but seriously, congratulations!  Your DH won't be mad for long, if he is mad at all!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I wasn't sure if it was alright to congratulate you yet. Since everyone else did, I'm guessing it's cool. Congratulations!!!!!!!! Moar babies with amazing hair! Yay!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations! My first tip off that I was pregnant with DD was when I drank too much and threw up...I never throw up. It still took me a few weeks (and a couple more good drinking sessions) to figure it out...She's not the sharpest crayon in the box, but she's damn cute. Kidding, kidding. Sort of.

You'll do fine! More babies!

• congratulations! have fun on your vacation. Creeper question are you going to KY Lake? We have always wanted to go but have not ever made the time!

View Full Size Image

• imageStacieP76:
    imagetinyhumantoe:
    There is nothing I can do about any of that crap now.nbsp; I hate how I feel about it all, but the smart part of my brain knows it's not a big deal.nbsp;So I guess I have to tell DH :And I'm leaving on vacation today.nbsp; 8 days on a houseboat with my family.nbsp; We call it the booze cruise.nbsp; Ticket for one on the snooze cruise.nbsp; Can I go tubing?nbsp; Like, rough whip tubing?I'm starting to feel better.nbsp; Fvuck me.nbsp; TWIS4WA.nbsp; lt; there's a prize for decoding that

That's what I said 4 weeks ago. Bwahahahahaha! I'm sorry I'm laughing with you not at you. I promise.

I'm also slightly jealous. DH insists we are done and with the IUD in place the chances of an oops are slim....so no more babies. Yay for everyone else having more babies.

You'll be fine. Creepy internet Hugs and good thoughts.

You win the prize! Hmmmm let's see.... looks like the only prize we have available today is pregnancy! Congrats! Blaha!

So I told DH in person. He was completely shocked and surprised, but was laughing then smiling. Now reading all of your posts I'm smiling. Too many to reply to on the phone!

Now I'm feeling stupid for flipping out. Plus a little satisfaction knowing I got my money's worth out of birth control in my younger years. Im always proud when I make a good investment :p.

I think I might spill the beans so I can play the nap taker card. I'm still trying to come to terms with the no tubing. And oh yah, the hot tub I added for 400 for so I could get my drink on in comfort. Damnit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"