April 2013 Moms

+++ Confession Friday +++

What do you have?

Confession:  I'm vaguely curious as to why the bump did not convert to a new format (as promised) over the fourth of July as promised, but way too flucking lazy to look for old posts that explain it. 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.

Re: +++ Confession Friday +++

• imagemypalbabs:

What do you have?

Confession:  I'm vaguely curious as to why the bump did not convert to a new format (as promised) over the fourth of July as promised, but way too flucking lazy to look for old posts that explain it. 

They did for a few hours. There were too many glitches so they reverted to the old - I think they are still planning on converting to the new format. Not sure if there is an ETA yet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Kate_CKate_C member
    Where have you been, Babs? How is the SAH routine going for you?

My confession is that I am already over breast feeding. I enjoyed it with my son as a bonding experience, but this time it feels more like a burden. Especially pumping. I'm hoping I make it to a year with DD like I did with DS to keep things even, but we'll see. Mostly I'll probably continue because I'm cheap and BM is free.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never thought I would be the type to breast feed in public.  Never minded when others did it but didn't think it would be for me.  Well I was out the other day I was out and baby needed to eat.  I was trying to keep a blanket over her head/my boob but I am in the NE and it was 95 degrees...baby was overheating/red face/sweating.  I finally just removed the blanket and had my giant boob out for all the parents and children to see and I could have cared less.  I'm convinced I was someone's FB status;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and I are having our marriage blessed and DS baptized tomorrow and I waited until today to let my father know in hopes that he'll have other plans. We don't get along, but I can't invite my MeMe and not him. Definitely don't feel like making that call, so I believe he will be getting a text invite.  
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehatroopes:
    imagemypalbabs:

What do you have?

They did for a few hours. There were too many glitches so they reverted to the old - I think they are still planning on converting to the new format. Not sure if there is an ETA yet. 

I don't understand how something they worked and planned on for so long was SO broken that they couldn't do a few tweaks. I liked the format and LOVED how easily I could upload mobile photos. I also loved the crazy smilies and was excited to see some of them used in response to dumb, annoying, debating posts.

ETA. I always wih I had a good confession or UO but when the days rolls around I draw a complete blank.

• KLL22KLL22 member

My job asked me to work a graveyard shift last night, I told DH I wanted the extra money so I would work the shift. The only reason I said yes is because I want DH to finally see how freaking exhausting it is getting up with DD all night. I swear she is starting the 4 month wakeful early. He was up with her 4 times last night between 8-4. 

I guess my confession is I don't feel guilty.... Like at all.  Karma is getting back at me though because I now can't sleep. Screw you karma.  

• KLL22KLL22 member
    imagemelandjames14:

imageKate_C:
    Where have you been, Babs? How is the SAH routine going for you? My confession is that I am already over breast feeding. I enjoyed it with my son as a bonding experience, but this time it feels more like a burden. Especially pumping. I'm hoping I make it to a year with DD like I did with DS to keep things even, but we'll see. Mostly I'll probably continue because I'm cheap and BM is free.

I'm a firm believer in the benefits of BFing but the only reason I still am is because I can't imagine adding formula into our budget.

BF while you can!! My bank account from the 24$ every few days envies you.  

• After 2hrs of trying to get DD to sleep I went to put her down in her crib and realized she was wet.
    I let her sleep all night in that wet diaper. It was NOT worth waking her and I figured that if it really bothered her, she would wake and let me know.

Then I felt like mom of the year when I realized...maybe that's why she had such a rough time getting to sleep. face palm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am also ready to be done with BFing..... But really just because I would like to be able to plow through several glasses of wine. Pathetic, I know!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• I've forgotten what it feels like to be in the car and not have a pump attached to my boobs (I pump to and from work).

• imagehatroopes:
    I've forgotten what it feels like to be in the car and not have a pump attached to my boobs (I pump to and from work).

pump while driving? Not a bad idea!  

• imagemelandjames14:

imageKate_C:
    Where have you been, Babs? How is the SAH routine going for you? My confession is that I am already over breast feeding. I enjoyed it with my son as a bonding experience, but this time it feels more like a burden. Especially pumping. I'm hoping I make it to a year with DD like I did with DS to keep things even, but we'll see. Mostly I'll probably continue because I'm cheap and BM is free.

I'm a firm believer in the benefits of BFing but the only reason I still am is because I can't imagine adding formula into our budget.

Agreed.  Our finances are tight right now, and we could swing formula if we needed to, I'm just tired of nothing fitting right and looking bigger than I am because of these huge boobs!

• love4blove4b member

imageJBDamonM:
    I am also ready to be done with BFing..... But really just because I would like to be able to plow through several glasses of wine. Pathetic, I know!

I guess my confession would be that I breastfeed AND plow through several glasses of wine :) 

I feed her  as she falls asleep for the night around 8, wait fifteen minutes to make sure she's really out, and then enjoy my wine! By the time she's hungry again around 4am, it's completely out of my system.

• I've been  seriously considering limiting the amount of exposure MIL has to DD.  She doesn't seem to understand that we will try to EBF until 12 months and won't introduce solids until 6 mo.  Yesterday she kept asking about what types of formula I was going to use, and what brand of baby food.  I don't like the constant competition she seems to think she has with my parents.  She lives closer, that means she wins as to who sees the kid more!  She also calls on a daily basis to see if we want to hang out in her AC.  I know she just wants to see DD, but then ask, don't play games.

• none5none5 member
    imageminxyglams:

imageJBDamonM:
    I am also ready to be done with BFing..... But really just because I would like to be able to plow through several glasses of wine. Pathetic, I know!

I guess my confession would be that I breastfeed AND plow through several glasses of wine :) 

I feed her  as she falls asleep for the night around 8, wait fifteen minutes to make sure she's really out, and then enjoy my wine! By the time she's hungry again around 4am, it's completely out of my system.

same here. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is babs a man or woman?
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Seriously? You're a real asshat. 

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• imageEIsieMae:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Lol what? I'm just asking because I missed the intro and based on babs posts. Babs and I don't have beef, it's an honest question!! I dunno why you feel the need to name call
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I cut my lifting session short cause I was too tired to wait for the guys at the squat rack get done clucking away like a bunch of hens. I did my full cardio afterwards though, but can't help to think I didn't do much.

• imagebdcram:
    imageRussianMommy:
    imageEIsieMae:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Lol what? I'm just asking because I missed the intro and based on babs posts. Babs and I don't have beef, it's an honest question!! I dunno why you feel the need to name call
    What about her posts leads you to ask this question RM?

The mention if her partner BF Sully. I'm not asking to cause drama, I'm just curious.
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Babs is typically a nickname for Barbara (Barbara Streisand, Barbara Walters both come to mind). 

I'd assume that Babs is female. And if she mentions that her partner BFs Sully, have you considered that she may be partnered with another woman? 

(PSA: I don't know this for certain, but, seriously? ... )

• imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

this is not a confession. And it is a silly question. If you were confused, phone a friend or message her directly. IMO it isn't something you would call out to the boards. Regardless, consider all the options... Starting with the fact that two women can make great parents. 

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

this is not a confession. And it is a silly question. If you were confused, phone a friend or message her directly. IMO it isn't something you would call out to the boards. Regardless, consider all the options... Starting with the fact that two women can make great parents. 

Also you're not a newbie to this board. Babs is a reg and has been very open. I think you knew already and are just being your usual AW self. 

• imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Okay you guys, I am going to play the devil's advocate. Seeing her posts a lot leads me to believe she is very conservative (correct me if I am wrong), but I honestly think she would not think of the above post at all beforehand.

I do agree though, if you are confused about things like that, best to just message the user in question and ask yourself, not embarrass both yourself and the other person.  

• imagehatroopes:
    imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Also you're not a newbie to this board. Babs is a reg and has been very open. I think you knew already and are just being your usual AW self. 

Wrong
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Wow...just wow. Do you stop to think at all before you post, or are you really that ignorant RussianMommy?

Or maybe you think you're cute...here's a clueyour comment was obnoxious, not cute. Shame on you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRussianMommy:
    imageEIsieMae:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

You missed the intro because you only posted on tri boards during pregnancy and only came over here after birth. I never saw you on this board the whole 9 months.

• imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

amen sister!

My confession is sometimes I fart & blame it on the baby. Sorry for TMI but we needed an tension breaker.

• imageFrecklesInside:
    imageRussianMommy:
    imageEIsieMae:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

You missed the intro because you only posted on tri boards during pregnancy and only came over here after birth. I never saw you on this board the whole 9 months.

She was notorious on the tri boards for her ridiculous and obnoxious posts. Glad to see it has made its way here. ::eyeroll::

• imageRussianMommy:
    imagehatroopes:
    imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Wrong

How is she wrong? If I remember correctly, you posted here frequently in the beginning of your pregnancy. Then you went running over to 1st Tri when you got called out on several of your stupid comments. 

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• imagetondraluv:

amen sister!

My confession is sometimes I fart & blame it on the baby. Sorry for TMI but we needed an tension breaker.

LOL

Mine are either silent or like a trumpet, never in between. My son sounds like he is pushing with all his might when he farts. It is hilarious and I cry in laughter each time he does it. hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggggggg -toot- then a smile face

• imagetondraluv:
    imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

amen sister!

Since birth I cannot hold mine in. They All come out like trumphants. Lol. LOs sound more like man farts than mine. The was was when she let one rip in the middle of service last week when our pastors wife was holding her. Hehe

• Don't you hate that? It's like what the hell loose butt, stop it, it isn't the right time for this!

• imageNicoleSB80:
    imagetondraluv:
    imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

amen sister!

Since birth I cannot hold mine in. They All come out like trumphants. Lol. LOs sound more like man farts than mine. The was was when she let one rip in the middle of service last week when our pastors wife was holding her. Hehe

I can't hold mine in either since birth lol & mine all sound like someone is saying "huh" in a whisper voice. When I feel one coming on at work I start typing loudly.  LO always sneezes & farts at the same time, it never fails.  Then he laughs after.

• imageClandestineX:
    Don't you hate that? It's like what the hell loose butt, stop it, it isn't the right time for this!

LOL Yea everytime I feel one coming I say "oh sh*t not now" to myself.  I feel like im doing glute exercises by trying to clinch so much.

• Yep, I make sure the gym is at least somewhat empty before exercising, because pushing a lot of weight means flexing all my muscles.. and.. just rip.

• imagevindaloo:
    imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

Wow...just wow. Do you stop to think at all before you post, or are you really that ignorant RussianMommy?

Or maybe you think you're cute...here's a clueyour comment was obnoxious, not cute. Shame on you.

I second this.
  • imageNicoleSB80:
    imagetondraluv:
    imageWorkinWeezel:

imageRussianMommy:
    Is babs a man or woman?

amen sister!

I love how autocorrect changes trumpet to trumphants. Lol

• NicoleS are you on an Apple product? If i could choke out my ipad I would

• I'm slightlynbsp;embarrassednbsp;about my confession...nbsp;I was one of the people who said they would not let their child watch TV,nbsp;at leastnbsp;before they were 2 years of age.Guess who watched 10 minutes of Dream Kitchens on HGTV while mommy made herself lunch yesterday because she was a fussypants not being held? Yep. baby girl.Mama needs to eat to be a good mama!Another confession is that when DH iis home and I have to poop, I will bring the ipad with me and surf the dailymail internet tabloids for an extra 10 mins while I just sit there... : Sorry for the TMI!nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"