Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Scrambled eggs?

Okay, so our daughter will be one in less than a week.  I have been dying to make her scrambled eggs for breakfast on the weekends, but I know you are supposed to wait until after they are one.  Has anyone jumped the gun on this a little?  She has no allergies... so really I don't see the point of waiting 5 more days.  Is there some magical thing that happens overnight that allows them to eat eggs?  LOL!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Scrambled eggs?

• Our pedi said to just eliminate the egg white, which is what has the allergens.  We've been giving DD scrambled egg yolks for a few weeks now and she likes them.  
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • My pedi gave us the green light for any food except honey at LO's 9 month appt. He said the research is now showing that introducing food early is not linked to children being more allergic. So we started scrambled eggs white and yolk shorty after that appt and he loves them and is able to feed them to himself.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son has eaten them (without taking out the whites). He LOVES them! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTweedledee110:
    My pedi gave us the green light for any food except honey at LO's 9 month appt. He said the research is now showing that introducing food early is not linked to children being more allergic. So we started scrambled eggs white and yolk shorty after that appt and he loves them and is able to feed them to himself.

same here. LO has been having scrambled eggs since around 9 months

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We tried scrambled eggs this week.  LO loved them!  My pedi also said anything was ok to eat except honey after 9 months.

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • LO started having them at 11 months regularly but had tasted the full egg a couple of times before. If your LO doesn't have any allergies, then I would give him a little bit to test and see how he reacts.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• My pedi said eggs are fine anytime after 6 months. She said the recommendation has changed. Coopers been having eggs for a long time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• imageTweedledee110:
    My pedi gave us the green light for any food except honey at LO's 9 month appt. He said the research is now showing that introducing food early is not linked to children being more allergic. So we started scrambled eggs white and yolk shorty after that appt and he loves them and is able to feed them to himself.

This.  He's been having them occasionally for almost 2 months now.  Nice easy option when we're in a hurry!  

• DD had them yesterday for the first time and she's 2 weeks shy of 1. She is still alive!
    imageimage

• This.
  • My pediatrician said that the only thing we have to wait on is honey, etc. We introduced scrambled eggs around 9m and DS loves them!  We have no family history of food allergies either.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Our ped said eggs were fine after 9mo.  DD has scrambled eggs with whole milk and cheese several times a week and loves them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • DS had eggs at 7 months.  I had no idea they were an issue.

We have no food allergies in our immediate families, so I'm not concerned about anything but honey at this point.  DS has had peanut butter too without issue.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone!  I am excited to scramble up some eggs for her tomorrow.  We have no allergies in our families so I wasn't too worried about it, but I am happy I got such a positive response from others on this.  So now... just chocolate, honey, and peanuts are on the no-no list I guess.  Although I don't really get the peanut one either since, again, we have no allergies.  Oh well, in time I guess. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagetorneen:
    Thanks everyone!  I am excited to scramble up some eggs for her tomorrow.  We have no allergies in our families so I wasn't too worried about it, but I am happy I got such a positive response from others on this.  So now... just chocolate, honey, and peanuts are on the no-no list I guess.  Although I don't really get the peanut one either since, again, we have no allergies.  Oh well, in time I guess. 

Actually the new recommendations are to give peanut butter between 6-9 months because waiting longer is now actually linked to more allergies. The only thing we're avoiding is honey. Why not chocolate? I've not heard that one. Other than the sugar thing, obviously.

• mb314mb314 member

imageTweedledee110:

This - my pedi said that pretty much anything is fine now (including honey).

• imageTweedledee110:
    My pedi gave us the green light for any food except honey at LO's 9 month appt. He said the research is now showing that introducing food early is not linked to children being more allergic. So we started scrambled eggs white and yolk shortdy after that appt and he loves them and is able to feed them to himself.

(In bold) is what our pedi recommended, too.

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• I did not know I was supposed to wait. DS loves them! I feed him strawberries too.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• We gave LO pretty much anything after 7ish months.  The only things she hasn't had are shellfish (just b/c we rarely eat it) and honey.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• imagecedenton:

imagetorneen:
    Thanks everyone!  I am excited to scramble up some eggs for her tomorrow.  We have no allergies in our families so I wasn't too worried about it, but I am happy I got such a positive response from others on this.  So now... just chocolate, honey, and peanuts are on the no-no list I guess.  Although I don't really get the peanut one either since, again, we have no allergies.  Oh well, in time I guess. 

Actually the new recommendations are to give peanut butter between 6-9 months because waiting longer is now actually linked to more allergies. The only thing we're avoiding is honey. Why not chocolate? I've not heard that one. Other than the sugar thing, obviously.

This, especially the bolded. DD has been trying most foods since a little after 6 months... Peanut Butter at about 8. I think it's important to follow your pedi, but also do your own research so that you can ask your pedi more questions if they are saying something against recommendations...

I've never heard of chocolate.

• ac1259ac1259 member
    imagemb314:

imageTweedledee110:

This - my pedi said that pretty much anything is fine now (including honey).

Do not give your 10 month old honey!!! Theres a risk for botulism cause babys tummy can't process it properly yet! Botulism is quick and deadly, please don't! 

• DD has been having egg since 7 months of age. We started out only with the yolk for a month (soft boiled) and now she eats the whole egg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has been having scrambled eggs or omelette several times a week since 6 months. He is now nearly 8 months. 

No problems.  

If there are no allergies in the family, I wouldn't be worried.  

ETA:fix mobile spelling errors 

• imagetorneen:

PeaNUTS are a no-no due to choking hazard.

Peanut butter is fine after 6 months (spread thin) if no allergies in the family.

Honey is a no-no as you stated.

And chocolate....well, I don't know that recommendation, but I generally don't give kids candy until at least 2 or 3 years old.  

Good luck.  

• Our pedi OKed eggs (the whole egg) around 8 months. DD hates them, but she's had them.

• steverstever member
    Hardboiled egg yolks for a week then introduce the whites.
  • We have given her a scrambled egg once she is 10.5 months old. She did just fine but didn't really like them.
                  image     image
  • Honey is the only absolute wait on item. Try them and watch them after they eat egg whites. I started with yolk only scrambled eggs and he didn't like them so I waited a couple weeks and added the whites. No problems. He likes them better with the whites mixed in.
  • I just got back from my daughter's 9 month checkup and asked her doctor if I may give her eggs. She said it was fine. Once I give it to her, I just need to keep an eye on her throughout the day to check for any allergic reactions. If she's good that whole day, I may proceed to give her eggs. 
  • We started eggs at 7 months, try a little bit, start with the yolk, then do the whole thing a few tries later.

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• I've been wanting to try scrambled eggs too but nervous! Maybe I'll just try some scrambled egg yolk first like someone suggested and see how that goes. Excited to expand DDs diet! GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My kiddo loves eggs!  He has been eating them for the past few months, just in small amounts (off my plate). 
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She's had scrambled eggs since 8 months. Just start with a little at first. It won't be any different if you wait a week.

• I first gave my son scrambled eggs at about 7.5 months.  He has them a couple times a week and is just fine. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My pedi gave us the green light for any food except honey at LO's 9 month appt. He said the research is now showing that introducing food early is not linked to children being more allergic. So we started scrambled eggs white and yolk shorty after that appt and he loves them and is able to feed them to himself.

Exactly this.
  • kfrix13 said:
    Exactly this.
    Mee too.
  • Our pediatrician is still making us hold off on eggs. I really want to give her some scrambled yolks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"