Stay at Home Moms

girly girls?

So, my 7 yo is really interested in bras and  bra cami tanks. She wears big enough that we can find her tanks with them (M children's place). So, school clothes shopping for DD2 (5), do you buy her a couple (justice) or wait until she requests them?

sorry, mobile ate my punctuation.

Re: girly girls?

• imagenowababy:
    I think I'd wait until she requests them. Unless she needs them, but I doubt it at 5, right?

No, she does not need them.  Her sister requested them after other girls wore them in Kindergarten. 

• imageArnegard:

imagenowababy:
    I think I'd wait until she requests them. Unless she needs them, but I doubt it at 5, right?

No, she does not need them.  Her sister requested them after other girls wore them in Kindergarten. 

Are you serious? Some mother purchased that for her kindergartener?!? UGH!

For the record, I'd wait until you absolutely are nagged to death to purchase them.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you saying buy 7 year old some when shopping for 5 year old? Or buy 5 year old some as well? Either way I wouldn't buy them. Just because they're interested doesn't mean they need them at that young of an age.
  • imageNotwifezilla7:
    imageArnegard:

imagenowababy:

For the record, I'd wait until you absolutely are nagged to death to purchase them.  

Ummm...I would wait until she needed them, no matter how much you were nagged.  

• kmc217kmc217 member
    imageNotwifezilla7:
    imageArnegard:

imagenowababy:

All this. I cannot fathom buying my 5 year old a bra tank/cami or really her wanting one. She is a super girly girl as far as glitter, sparkles, hair bows, jewelry but definitely does not associate bras with girly thank God!

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Do you think maybe she is thinking of like a spaghetti strap tank to go under sweaters or to layer with another shirt? 5YO SD loves those. 6yo SD requires a training bra as she is much bigger.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• Holy hell... Kindergarteners wear bra-type underthings now?  I was one of the first girls to wear something like that and I was definitely in later elementary school.  

I would wait until your younger DD expresses interest.  I would imagine at a point (even if she doesn't NEED it) it will make her feel more comfortable.  I would wait.  Unless she needs it now, but I can't imagine she does.   

Also, oy vey... raising a girl.  I need to get mentally prepared ;) 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thanks ladies.

DD1 (7) has probably 3-4 of these tanks.  A couple I bought on her request, a couple that we got used.

DD2 (5) has one that was a hand me down from a neighbor.

It is not the cami tank thing, it is the shelf bra thing.   

• I can't imagine buying a shelf-bra type cami for my girls right now. I didn't even know they sold them for little kids. I got my first bra at age 11 because I needed it. It wasn't a training bra, it was an A cup, which I outgrew by 12. I will not be buying bras or that type of cami until my kids need them because they have breasts.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"