Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Peanut butter???

Have you introduced this yet? DD hasn't had any allergic reactions to anything so far and I was thinking of introducing pb. Is this ok?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Peanut butter???

• Depends on who you ask. My pedi is in the not until after a year camp. We have not introduced nuts yet.
  • JJ_13JJ_13 member
    My LO is 7 months and had a bite of my pb sandwich over the weekend. I watched her carefully and no adverse reaction. The most recent research shows that delaying introduction of peanuts does not correlate to a decrease in allergies.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageameyer8009:
    We have no history of allergies on either side of our family.nbsp; We introduced peanut butter at 7ish months. Keep in mind that slight peanut allergies may not show up the first time someone ingests pb.nbsp; It may be the second or third time that a reaction presents itself.nbsp; If you're concerned, maybe try a little on LO's skin to see if any reaction happens.nbsp;

Good idea. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doc said it was fine at 8 months. When DS was a baby, they said not before a year, and the pedi at the time said closer to 18 months was better bc it could be a choking hazard bc of the texture. I haven't introduced it with DD yet. I'm waiting until after a year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes-- DD had peanut butter at 11 months (she's almost a year now) no adverse side effects
  • I have heard you can introduce it earlier to prevent an allergic reaction later on to peanut butter. I would introduce it like on a cracker of some sort. therefore you are controlling the amount of peanut butter as it is easy to choke on.
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • At our 9 month check we were told LO could eat anything we eat except honey.  Haven't done PB yet simply because we don't keep it in the house regularly.
  • LO had pb on toast at 6 months.   He was fine. 

He has pb several times a week now at almost 8 months.

There are no allergies on either side of the family.  

• I honestly think you will never know until you try.  My pedi said the only thing he could not have was honey.  Tried peanut butter, he had a reaction.  She's gonna have him tested at a year to see what is going on, and obviously he won't have it again in the meantime.

my advice to you is to try it, just make sure you have benedryl on and just in case 

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"