Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleeping threw the night???

My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!?
He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.
DUE DATE ~ April 15 2013

Re: Sleeping threw the night???

• imageBlake30:
    My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!? He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.

My 12 months old stills wakes up at 4/5 some nights.

Im telling ya- that is AWESOME 

• My daughter is 15wks old and has been sleeping through the night since 11-12 wks. She goes to bed around 7pm then when I go to bed around 10-11pm I give her a bottle, she doesn't even wake up she just drinks it lol and goes right back to be with out any fuss and sleeps til around 6-7am. I think that last bottle really helps. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBlake30:
    My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!?
    He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.

Sounds amazing to me. Count your blessings mama! Eventually he'll drop the MOTN feeding on his own I'm sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah my DS did that until around 4 months and then the wakefuls started.  Almost 2 months later we haven't gotten back to that yet, we are up 2-3 times a night again.  Enjoy it while it lasts!  I miss sleeping for more than 3 hours straight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlake30:
    My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!? He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.

This is really not that bad - he's sleeping 8+ hours. I wouldn't expect much more at this age! Some babies do and some just don't for a while longer.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• mle929mle929 member

imageBlake30:

Thank your lucky stars! You have a good sleeper!

• Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that will or will not make him sleep straight through to 7:30. I know it may not feel like it, but that is considered STTN. My LO has slept 12 hours since 2.5 months. That's very unusual. I figured we would have MOTN feedings until at least 6 months, that seems to be more of the norm. Sounds like your baby is having a great night sleep! Hopefully he'll transition to 10-12 hours as time goes on. GL!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• If you don't want him up at 4 am, you could try to move his bedtime back... But later you'll just be trying to move it up again. You could also try a dream feed right before you go to bed if it's several hours after you put LO down. 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • My LO has been going to sleep by 8:30 and will wake up around 3:30 to feed, then back to sleep. For a few nights in a row last week she was sleeping through the night. Actually she would wake up a couple times but fell right back to sleep with a paci. However, she was going through a growth spurt, demanding more food during the day and sleeping more all throughout the day. Now she's returned to waking up once a night after about a 7 hour stretch of sleep, which I think is great! I have tried feeding her a little more during the day, and "topping her off" before she goes to bed, but she still wakes up. Have you tried giving him a little more to eat throughout the day? I know this works for some. But also realize that his current sleep routine is great!
  • KLL22KLL22 member
    I would kill for my once awesome sleeper to still sleep like this! Your child IS sleeping THROUGH  the night. 

• RN2011RN2011 member

At 4 months our daughter would wake up 1 time during the night usually around that same time.  Then one weekend she just slept through the night.  We thought it might be a fluke but she'll be 6 months next week and will only wake up when her paci falls out.  We put her to bed around 9-9:30 with a bath and a bottle.  If she wakes up  at night we put her paci back in and she continues to sleep till about 7.  We consider ourselves VERY lucky. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wake LO up before you go to bed (10pm) and give them some more food. This is what I do and it helps them sleep even longer (because they are not waking up because they are hungry). Good luck!!
  • Not to repeat what others are saying, but you are very lucky to only have 1 feeding. My LO is 12 weeks today and he still feeds 3 times during the night. I can't wait for only 1 feeding a night.
  • 8 hours with one feeding is really good!  I guess you could try to switch up his schedule by waking him before you go to bed for a bottle, but waking a baby might backfire on you big time.  And not to beat a dead horse, but threw vs through...sigh. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's great. My daughter just turned 6 months on Sunday and has been getting up every 2 hours, every night! I think she's comfort feeding but you are lucky! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"