Cloth Diapering

Taking some flak for CDing

I am intent on CDing and put some diaper covers and prefolds on my registry list.  Now I have had several friends and family members coming up to me to confront my decision and tell me how clueless I am and that I will ditch CDing really fast for disposable diapers.  How do/would you all respond to the naysayers?  I pretty much just told them I was set on it and that everyone is entitled to do whatever they want.  I'm not getting in anyone's face over their use of disposables, so what makes cloth diapering moms fair game?!  Tongue Tied

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage

Re: Taking some flak for CDing

• I get the same thing. They don't even think that cloth has taken big steps since they were children.I was told by family that they wouldn't pay for something I'd give up on.  For my baby shower I received so many packs of cloth flat diapers, and I was told that I was going to give up w/in three months. Every person I brought up to the nursery and showed them what modern cloth looked like, they seemed dumb founded.  I don't know why we're fair game because the first time I mention something negative about disposables I get a side look. lol keep strong, and stand by your choices you will show them in due time that you're serious. 

image image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just nod and move on. Trying to change the mind of naysayers isn't worth your breath.

Your baby, your choice. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't tell anyone. If someone asks or it comes up with a mom friend, I'll say something, or if someone is around for a diaper change and comments on her diaper. And now that those who I do see on a regular basis see how easy and convenient it is, there's no reason for them to give me a hard time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I nodded and left it alone. Everyone has an opinion. Only yours and your partner's matter.

I live in an apartment w/o laundry a few blocks from a laundromat. Even so using  cloth diapers has been super easy. I use a pocket diaper that has a flushable and cloth option and find that both inserts are super absorbent. The diapers never leak. My baby never has diaper rash and i don't use barrier creams. when she is older I'll be able to look LO in the eye and say I tried my best re: diapers and environment 

• imageJmeJme:
    I didn't tell anyone. If someone asks or it comes up with a mom friend, I'll say something, or if someone is around for a diaper change and comments on her diaper. And now that those who I do see on a regular basis see how easy and convenient it is, there's no reason for them to give me a hard time.

Yup, this is what I did/do as well. Only our families knew beforehand that we wanted to cloth diaper and they were all very supportive.

Friends only found out once DD was a few months old and they saw the dipes and they were all surprised by how cute and easy to use they are. So yeah, the proof is in the pudding. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dh's response to me asking for his opinion of cd makes a good response to naysayers. "Even if we only use the cloth diapers for a few weeks, we will have spent the same amount of money as we would have to only use disposables." No valid reason not to try them, so we did and 3 to 3.5 months in we are loving our cloth and when I have ds in a sposie for any reason I feel almost embarrassed, even at home where no one else can see him.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Well, lucky for them it's YOUR decision and YOU will deal with it so they really have no need to comment THEIR opinion. It really bugs me how people seem to lose all filters when it comes to anything parenthood related: breastfeeding, diapering, discipline, etc. Sorry you're having to deal with this, I never had this issue when I CD'ed DS2 and everyone knows we'll CD this little one and everyone has supported it... or they just figure I'm that weird hippie and they don't bug me about it, haha!
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"