October 2013 Moms

Penis questions for moms of circd boys...

For you moms with boys that are circumcised...

When did they do they procedure?

Who did it?  Ped? OB? Urologist?

Did they do it in your room or did you or DH go with them if they did it elsewhere?

How long was the healing process?

I've only birthed a vag before, so I'm in the dark. 

Sorry if these have already been posted.  If so, point me in the right direction and I'll find it.  Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage

Re: Penis questions for moms of circd boys...

• I haven't had a boy yet, but my BFF had one a year ago.

They did it in the hospital the day after he was born, his ped did it. They did it in another room and both mom & dh can go, but only my BFF's dh went. I'm not absolutely positive of the healing process....I would say maybe 10-14 days. And it is not pretty! Blah I was really surprised by the way his poor little wanker looked.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesfshorter:
    For you moms with boys that are circumcised...When did they do they procedure? The day he was born. He was born at 1:51 am and by 11 o'clock they were taking him to do it.

Who did it?A pediatrician.nbsp; Ped? OB? Urologist?

Did they do it in your room or did you or DH go with them if they did it elsewhere? They took him to another room and no, they didn't even say that either one if us could be there. How long was the healing process? It was super fast! I can't remember how many days, but I hardly noticed it.

I've only birthed a vag before, so I'm in the dark.nbsp;Sorry if these have already been posted.nbsp; If so, point me in the right direction and I'll find it.nbsp; Thanks!
  • My son was circumcised at birth at the hospital.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It was done in the hospital the day after ds was born. One of the male OB's I my practice did it and used the plastibell method. Neither DH or I were there when it happened. It took probably two weeks to heal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The ped did it he was going to do it in the hospital but they had some breathing problems. So they got it done at a week old, at the office. The healing time was about 6 days for one and 8 for the other. And it depends on the doctor on if they let you watch or not. 

• My ob did it the day after he was born in the hospital and I didn't ask of anyone could go with him because they had to take him back to the nicu anyway. I don't remember exactly how long it took to heal but it was about the same time his belly button healed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!
  • I watched this procedure in nursing school. They did the plastic bell thing and I will say, I've seen a lot of things in school but that's not something I care to watch again. I would not recommend watching your own sons procedure. Eek.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son's was done the day after birth at the hospital.  They asked if I wanted the procedure done, and it was done.  I am not sure if it was his ped or the OB to tell you the truth.  I did not go per hospital policy at the time (this was 10 years ago).  It took a week or so to heal, and I don't remember it being particularly ugly or nasty during the healing process.

• if you don't get him circumcised you don't have to know the answers to any of these questions.  heheh

• imageCousinVicki:
    if you don't get him circumcised you don't have to know the answers to any of these questions.  heheh

^ truth.  

Emily & Alex imageimage
  • late to the game but I'll answer

They did the procedure when he was 2 days old.  The OB did the procedure.  They did NOT do it in our room and DH did NOT go with him.  Healing proccess I believe was about a week-2 weeks.  We just had to put vasoline (or whatever the hospital gave us) and gauze on it at every diaper change.  It healed nicely. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrambo3:

late to the game but I'll answer

They did the procedure when he was 2 days old.  The OB did the procedure.  They did NOT do it in our room and DH did NOT go with him.  Healing proccess I believe was about a week-2 weeks.  We just had to put vasoline (or whatever the hospital gave us) and gauze on it at every diaper change.  It healed nicely. 

We had a bris and a Mohel who is also a pediatric surgeon did it in our home on the 8th day... I didn't watch but everyone else and DH did and said it wasn't bad at all..... the first couple days it looks yucky and swollen but it got better and better everyday. We just caked on the Aquaphor all over (we were told no gauze because it can stick worse then the diaper) but we had no issues prob because we went through so much Aquaphor...haha. I made DH do the diaper changes at first because I felt so bad to touch it when it looked awful.... but he never cried or seemed uncomfortable during diaper changes.  

• We had ours done 2 weeks after birth, by a pedi, and my DH went in the room with him.

Healing took less than a week, only care was vaseline. 

• My first son had it done at 10 days old in the pediatrician's office.  He had fetal arrythmia (sp?) so they would not perform it at the hospital. I believe the ring fell off after a week or so.  The first diaper change after was kind of scary, seeing the blood and stuff, but obviously he is fine now. We gave him tylenol for for pain, and he slept the rest of the day.  He seemed to recover after a day or two.

View Full Size Imageimage 

View Full Size ImageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

View Full Size ImageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  

• They did it the day after he was born at the hospital. The pedi making rounds that day from our practice did it. I am unsure of the method used. We were not allowed to go as it was in the nursery, but I made DH go watch and make sure they brought DS back to me the second they were done. Healing time was 10ish days and it wasn't a huge deal. We just globbed on the Vaseline at every diaper change. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for this post! I hadn't given this much thought yet. For a bunch of meanies you all are really helpful ;) lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"