September 2013 Moms

How did your prior labor start?

mobile: How did your prior labor start?

Spinoff a post I saw in August. Thinking back, it was extremely helpful for me as a FTM to know many various ways that labor started for people. 

With my first, the day before my water broke and I went into labor, I felt like crap. I was about 39w, I had gone to the chiro, and felt lousy the rest of the day. Just extra sore and tired I think. I slept normally though and sat up in bed at 6a the next day and my water broke. Contractions started while I was sitting on the toilet. The week before, I had about 3 hrs of timeable contractions that never went anywhere.

With my second, I'd been having intestinal upset for about 3 days. Looser BMs, feeling gas-like cramps. She kept going posterior, so the night of 39w, we did rebozo sifting as per spinningbabies.com, and she went back to anterior. I was very tired, and still having intestinal cramps, so I went to bed around 9p. I woke up at 2:15a with my water breaking. Contractions again started while I was on the toilet, and she was born two hours later. Stick out tongue

I never noticed any bloody show or mucous plug with either one.

So you can see how around 39w this time, I'm gonna be expecting my water to break since that happened the first time! LOL. Trying to stay mentally flexible though as there is no guarantee it'll go the same. 

What about you guys who have given birth before? Obviously some of us were induced or had a scheduled cs so you never went into labor .

Re: How did your prior labor start?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"