February 2013 Moms

Birth control talk

Since there is a thread about Paraguard, I wanted to know who is on Mirena. I hate mine and have stated that before BUT I want to see what others think about theirs? I don't get a period anymore which is kind of nice and not thinking about taking a pill is nice but there are cons too.....
photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg

Re: Birth control talk

• Why don't you like it? I don't have it but was contemplating it. I'd love to not have a period but I'm sure I still would!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The not having a period is nice, but it made me gain weight a decent amount to be honest and I always feel bloated which sucks.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I had Mirena for like 10 mints after DS1 was born and didn't have any issues. I was BFing and did not get my period until I had it removed and stopped nursing DS1 at 14 months.

This time around was a miserable experience. My IUD actually slipped out of my cervix and into my abdominal cavity. It was mixed in with my intestines and had to be surgically removed. I know cases like mine are rare, but I will never get an IUD ever again and I tell all of my friends to not get one as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"