May 2013 Moms

NBR - Easy Appetizer Recipes!

Hey ladies!

I'm hosting a get together on Saturday and I want to make a variety of EASY (read: foolproof), but good appetizers. I am going shopping tomorrow to get all of the necessary supplies, but I've tried searching online and it's so overwhelming with all the different things you can make (I don't cook/bake often)....so I need your help please!

Do you have a recipe for an appetizer you'd like to share with me??

TIA!

Re: NBR - Easy Appetizer Recipes!

• Totally not fancy but everyone loves it...google Alton Brown's guacamole recipe. Use less red pepper if you don't like it too spicy. We make it by the recipe and all our friends go nuts over it.
  • LN1024LN1024 member

Everyone loves this pizza dip I make, and its so easy!

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/hot-pizza-dip/detail.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • If your budget allows for it, bacon wrapped dates are AMAZING. It's seriously just fresh (pitted) dates wrapped with bacon (one slice will cover 3 dates), secured with a toothpick and baked in the oven on a LIPPED pan (don't use a flat baking sheet) at 350 until the bacon cooks (about 20 minutes, but keep an eye on it). Simple, but unbelievably awesome.

You can also use turkey bacon for a healthier option, but one piece will only cover 2 dates since it doesn't stretch like regular bacon. I actually prefer the turkey bacon ones.

Also if you are running short on time, just crank up the oven! All that needs to happen is that the bacon cooks.

ETA: Line your baking sheet/pan with foil for easy cleanup. Lot of rendered juice from the dates makes for a sticky pan, and the juice will drip and burn your oven if you don't use a lipped pan...not that I learned that from experience or anything. :)  

She is here! 5-29-13

• This is way easy, Suddenly Salad Classic Pasta in a box, make it, chop up some string cheese cheese sticks and cut some pepperroni in half. Mix together

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10311579?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem

photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllieAGame:
    If your budget allows for it, bacon wrapped dates are AMAZING. It's seriously just fresh pitted dates wrapped with bacon one slice will cover 3 dates, secured with a toothpick and baked in the oven on a LIPPED pan don't use a flat baking sheet at 350 until the bacon cooks about 20 minutes, but keep an eye on it. Simple, but unbelievably awesome.You can also use turkey bacon for a healthier option, but one piece will only cover 2 dates since it doesn't stretch like regular bacon. I actually prefer the turkey bacon ones.Also if you are running short on time, just crank up the oven! All that needs to happen is that the bacon cooks. ETA: Line your baking sheet/pan with foil for easy cleanup. Lot of rendered juice from the dates makes for a sticky pan, and the juice will drip and burn your oven if you don't use a lipped pan...not that I learned that from experience or anything. : nbsp;

I also love these... We call them devils on horseback , but I stuff the dates with either some cheese like blue or goat cheese or you can put an almond in them. I would definitely go for regular bacon , but I love bacon!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• https://www.theendlessmeal.com/bite-sized-appetizers-mini-b-l-t-cups/

or

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This one is super easy, no cooking! Just put a grape tomato, piece of fresh mozzarella, and basil leaf on a toothpick and drizzle with balsamic!

ETA: Even though abstar asked for them, I have every intention of trying out every single one of these appetizer suggestions.  Thanks ladies!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • These all sound delicious and like things I can make! Thanks SO much!!
  • I wanted to thank you ladies again for all of your ideas! I actually made ALL of them! :)  I messed up the asparagus and prosciutto crescents though (I used too much prosciutto in each one and they were SUPER salty)...but everything else was a HUGE hit!

• I wanted to thank you ladies again for all of your ideas! I actually made ALL of them! :)  I messed up the asparagus and prosciutto crescents though (I used too much prosciutto in each one and they were SUPER salty)...but everything else was a HUGE hit!

• abstar24 said:

I wanted to thank you ladies again for all of your ideas! I actually
    made ALL of them! :)  I messed up the asparagus and prosciutto crescents
    though (I used too much prosciutto in each one and they were SUPER
    salty)...but everything else was a HUGE hit!

Glad to hear that!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"