Breastfeeding

pumping output

For working mamas and EPers, how many times do you have to pump to get enough milk for LO? I am finding that to get enough milk for 3 feedings for LO during the day, I need to pump like 4-5 times. I really hate pumping and feel like I'm doing it around the clock at work. I BF in the mornings and evenings when I'm with LO, but I have to pump oh so much just to get enough for her at daycare. It's a lot of work!! I've been trying to increase my supply a little bit with mother's milk tea and oatmeal (trying to put off taking fenugreek since some ladies say it makes them smelly and gives them gas). Just started it yesterday, so too soon to tell if it's working. But do you other moms find you have to pump quite a bit more frequently than LO eats to get enough milk?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: pumping output

• I have to pump 4x per day to get enough for LO to have 3 bottles- sometimes I end up having more than I need, which I end up freezing. But sometimes I make just enough, so I can't drop a pump. I pump on my way to work and then 3x while at work- I work 9.5 hr days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I EP, so I think it is different. RIght now each pump session makes 2 bottles for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I pump 4 times, once on the way to work and 3 times at work, and get enough for 3 bottles. I work 9.5 hour days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • We only need one bottle for DC now (I nurse on my lunch break), so I have to pump twice at work.  Some days I don't get the second session in and have to do it after he's down for the night, though.  Pumping isn't as efficient as nursing, so I think it's pretty common to need to pump more than you would nurse if you aren't EP or haven't worked to build up your supply.
  • I pump three times a day at work and only get enough for 2-3 bottles so I have to supplement with formula. I'm OK with it. Not willing to pump when I'm not at work and am with my baby and all the tricks (oatmeal, fenugreek, tons of water, etc.) aren't working for me. Good luck with increasing your supply!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I EP and pump 7 times a day to get about 30 oz. I just cut it down to 5 pumps today and still got 30 oz, but it might be a fluke. 
    She is here! 5-29-13

• How do you all pump on the way to work?!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemjune3881:
    How do you all pump on the way to work?!?
    b

I use a hands free pumping bra and a nursing cover. I set it all up before I leave home and take it off when I get to work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I pump twice at work and once at home over lunch. I get about 16 oz total and need about 1213 for daycare so I freeze some each day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"