June 2013 Moms

Regular or maternity clothes

Any of you still wearing maternity clothes or fitting into your regular clothes? I am getting discouraged as a ftm and almost 4 weeks pp and still not fitting into any regular clothes. 

How Long does it take to really lose the weight? 

Re: Regular or maternity clothes

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    Dresses or maternity pants just because I am too scared to try on my pre pregnancy capris! I am afraid they will be too tight or rub funny on my incision. I really should get over it and just dig them out. If they don't fit, oh well! Non maternity tops fit fine.
  • My regular clothes fit but I still wear my maternity pants because they don't look like maternity jeans, are comfy, and were hella expensive.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Loading the player...
  • You've got to adjust your expectations or you could be in for a long road of being irritated.  Some people lose the weight fast but they're the exception.  It took 9 months to put the weight on and can take many months to lose it depending on hard you're trying and how just plain lucky you are.  Once you've lost the immediate weight that naturally comes off after having the baby, you can expect to lose .5-2 pounds a week ON AVERAGE if you're doing it in a healthy way.

For a lot of us, saying we're in "regular" clothes means we're in clothes that were purchased in a larger size until we fit into the clothes we wore before we were pregnant.  You'll get there but at 4 weeks you're being too hard on yourself. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:

You've got to adjust your expectations or you could be in for a long road of being irritated.  Some people lose the weight fast but they're the exception.  It took 9 months to put the weight on and can take many months to lose it depending on hard you're trying and how just plain lucky you are.  Once you've lost the immediate weight that naturally comes off after having the baby, you can expect to lose .5-2 pounds a week ON AVERAGE if you're doing it in a healthy way.

For a lot of us, saying we're in "regular" clothes means we're in clothes that were purchased in a larger size until we fit into the clothes we wore before we were pregnant.  You'll get there but at 4 weeks you're being too hard on yourself. 

All of this. I'm in "regular" clothes. Non maternity dresses that are flowy and in a bigger size. I'm in no way in my pre-pregnancy clothes yet. Won't be for a while I'm sure. I gained 44 lbs. At a little over 5 weeks pp, I'm down roughly 24 lbs. I still have a long way to go. And, with my last 2 kids, even once I lost the weight my pants didn't fit. My hips were bigger. So, I agree. Adjust your expectations and don't be too hard on yourself. 

• For MOST women, it's many months. I didn't really have any luck losing weight at all in the first 3 months last time, and then from months 35 it plain old fell off. This time, it seems to be similar. I've even been vigorously working out 3x per week and eating well I've lost 0.2 lbs. srsly.

Remember, when you don't get a good night's sleep we're not! your metabolism is not as efficient.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• Dresses, exercise stretchy clothes or maternity clothes. My old jeans look terrible but thankfully I never wear jeans in the summer anyways.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • I wear my regular shirts.  I'm getting closer to my regular pants, but I'm still in maternity pants.  I want to say losing weight will depend on how well you lose weight, if you are BF or not, how you eat, and how much exercise you get.  Don't be hard on yourself because you have to remember that your body just made a person!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My lo will be 4weeks tomorrow and I'm still in maternity clothes as well. Also a ftm and hate getting dressed right now!

• I'm only 5 lbs from my pre baby weight but nothing fits.  My body has totally changed ... yet again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can wear a few of my regular shirts but my boobs are so big that I can't wear most of them. I can't fit into my regular pants yet.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• jefkjefk member
    imageelmoali:

You've got to adjust your expectations or you could be in for a long road of being irritated.  Some people lose the weight fast but they're the exception.  It took 9 months to put the weight on and can take many months to lose it depending on hard you're trying and how just plain lucky you are.  Once you've lost the immediate weight that naturally comes off after having the baby, you can expect to lose .5-2 pounds a week ON AVERAGE if you're doing it in a healthy way.

Boy, did I need to hear this.  I gained about 40 lbs, am down 25, but haven't gotten clearance to work out yet.  I'm in "regular" clothes, in the sense that they are non-maternity.  Everything is stretchy (yoga pants), flowy (maxi dresses) or a size larger than I normally wear.  I actually ended up going to Walmart and picking up a few cheap sundresses to get me through the summer.  My pre-pregnancy dresses are all too tight in the boobs.

• I wear a mixture. I wear non maternity tops and shorts but am still in maternity jeans and leggings. I weigh about 5 less than PP, but my regular pants don't fit so I had to go buy shorts and some shirts in a bigger size.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member
    I'm still rocking maternity stuff. I fit in one pair of non maternity pants but they were huge on me before getting pregnant. I always wore them with a belt.

With DD it took me a year before I was back to pre pregnancy weight. Two months later I was pregnant again. I fully anticipate it taking just as long to come off this time too. I'm only 3 weeks PP right now so I have zero expectations. I want nothing to do with a scale right now!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• I'm wearing my "early" pregnancy clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • skioskio member
    Psshhh. I didn't fit into my pre preg size until 6m pp with DD1. My weight was back down within two months, but my hips stayed wider for longer. I wore maternity clothes for three months, then bought two pairs of jeans and a couple pairs of shorts in a size up until I was back at pp size.

Right now, I'm 5lbs from pp weight but wearing the size up clothes from last time due to the same hip widening.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Regular clothes. It varies for everyone, so don't expect that because some moms do, all moms will.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • I mix and match.  I've lost the weight plus some, but am a different shape (even compared to after my first delivery).  So some clothes fit, but bulge in places that aren't attractive.  It will take time!
  • I gained 41 pounds during my preg and have lost most because I can fit prepregnancy weight. But this little jiggly muffin top is driving me insane. I'm 5w pp so I will be hoping I can get some stomach exercises in soon.
  • I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight but my regular clothes do not fit my hips yet. Still need time for my hips to hopefully close more. I'm also 4 weeks pp and still wearing dresses or maternity pants. I'm hoping to buy some bigger regular clothes to tie me over bc I'm really getting tired of the same maternity pants!
  • I have to wear maternity jeans/shorts still. I have to buy new regular  ones because my shape has changed and most of my pre-pregnancy jeans don't fit. 
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Most fmymater tiny blouses are also nursing. Blouses, so I will be in them fr a long time. I haven't tried my regular amts yet.
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • YakutYakut member
    I lost all the weight and then a little bit in three days (I only gained 20 pounds and I think it was all baby and baby habitat), and look thinner than I did pre-pregnancy but for a slight tummy, but I think all the additional few pounds I lost actually went to my boobs. This is not a humblebrag at all because I was an F cup pre-pregnancy and now I am...not. So technically I'm in "regular" clothes but my boobs are a challenge--not to mention heavy!--and I'm still trying to figure out what to do in terms of practical outdoor nursing clothes once the traditional 40 days (of seclusion for the baby--DH is pretty adamant and I'm like, OK, because it's his baby too and I come from a similar tradition) is over. There's no way I'm spending $80 on specialty nursing tanks....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"