September 2012 Moms

A non clicky poll

What do y'all do with your kids when you need to shower? When he was a newborn, I would do it when he napped, but he doesn't consistently nap anymore. When he fit in his bouncy seat, I would stick that in the bathroom with me, but he's way too big for that now. Lately I have been putting him in his exersaucer and turn on Sesame Street. I know that 30 minutes of tv won't kill him, but I feel guilty. So what do you do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A non clicky poll

• imageLoisLayn23:
    I do it during naptime. Which means it's not always the same time every day.

this exactly. And some days it doesn't happen until DH gets home and can watch DS. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BPerBPer member

imageLoisLayn23:

This. Or depending on when she gets up, before H leaves for work in the morning. 

• Loading the player...
  • I shower at night, after the kids are in bed. My only other chance would be mornings, but it's too unpredictable when the kids will wake up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If I HAVE to shower while she's awake and we're home alone, I close the bathroom door and bring some toys in. She will usually play on the floor with no problem. I peek out from the shower curtain a million times to check on her, but she's fine. Very soon I will have to get one of those lovely contraptions that keeps the toilet closed, I guess.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I take toys in the bathroom and she sits on the floor in a pillow fort and plays

View Full Size Image

• I aim for before DH goes to work or during morning nap. On a day when he refuses to nap, like today, I take him in the shower with me. I use the shower stall, not the tub, and let him play on the floor while I get clean, and then I clean him.

This morning, he was fussy because of the no nap, so I showered while holding him. Pretty sure I'm only about 60 percent clean.

• I bring her in the bathroom and put her on the floor with her tub toys.  I just make sure the garbage is put in the hallway.  Also related, Nancy's new favorite thing is unrolling all of the toilet paper.  Good fun.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• miss50miss50 member
    I shower at night after she is in bed.

• What's a shower?

JK...sort of! I usually shower during naps or at night. Saturday morning DH had to be at work and I had to get ready while she was awake so I put her in the PNP with toys in the next room over. I could still hear her and I just took a shorter shower than usual.

Anniversary

• imageauroraloo:
    I shower at night. If we are going somewhere that day i do it during morning nap. I don't go anywhere without that morning nap...

This. Exactly.  

• I do it after they're in bed. 

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • If I'm alone, he plays on the floor. We have gates and he will usually be good for the 7 mins I take a shower. Sometimes I put him in the crib to play, if DD is around. But, usually I don't shower unless DH is home!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I shower before she wakes up. I don't get a break from her or time where anyone else can help with her, so if I don't shower when I know I can, I don't get to shower.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • She comes in the shower with me. She normally sits on the drain and plays in the water that fills up. We have an extra large walk in shower though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DS1 he usually came into the shower and played on the floor. We also have a fairly large master bathroom so sometimes I'd just put him outside the shower (our toilet was behind a separate door), and he'd play with his toys and could still see me through the glass door. Now with 2 of them.....sometimes I turn on a cartoon for DS1 and let DS2 play outside the shower, other times they both play outside, and there have been a select few times where I've tried to shower and have both play in the shower but that hasn't gone as well since they both want to be held and play waterfall. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Morning nap or before they wake up. Sometimes afternoon nap, if we've gone to the Y for me to work out. On occasion, DS1 gets the iPad or a show, DS2 goes on the crib with toys and some books. Used to do that with DS1 all the time and I sort of forgot about it until recently.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLoisLayn23:

This. Or I wait until DH gets home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Naptime. The days that DS is also home, DD is napping & DS is watching Thomas with milk & a snack in the living room, which is right across from bathroom.

• I put S in his exersaucer in the bathroom doorway. And seriously, you shouldn't feel guilty about taking time for yourself. Letting him watch TV and play while you shower isn't exactly a flammable offense.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kjskjskjskjs member
    I either do it during nap time or at night when she's asleep. If she was awake and I really have to, I would just put her in her pack n play with some toys and go as quick as possible.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Since someone still answered 2 hours ago, I'm going to as well. I put her in there with me. She sits in her inflatable ducky bathtub and splashes. I shower. Then I wash her. It works great for us and I get many more showers now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • On days I have to work I do it during Colby's morning nap.  In order to keep Keagan quiet I put on cartoons for him.  On days I don't have to work I either skip (yup), do it during Colby's morning nap, or put Colby in the exersaucer in front of the tv with Keagan (yup).

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"