March 2013 Moms

UO Thursday!

I couldn't find a UO Thursday post from today yet, so I'm creating one myself! I've been saving this one since SUNDAY since I actually thought of one, but now I have one added due to recent events in my area.

1. I am seriously annoyed by people who post stuff like "Shouldn't I have gotten my period by now?" Now, you shouldn't have. It's perfectly normal to go over a year without one, ESPECIALLY if you're breastfeeding.  SO ANNOYED.

2. If your child wanders away ... wouldn't you childproof your doors so they couldn't get out of your house? Make sure they were always in sight when they were outside playing? I just feel like this very sad event could have been avoided :(https://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/22861875/2-year-old-missing-in-polk-county-wis

Re: UO Thursday!

• Family stick figure stickers, I. CAN'T. STAND. THEM!!! I don't know why but I find them instantly annoying when I see one, and I don't like minivans  I'm just not a stick figure sticker and minivan kind of lady I guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageamberdanielle68845:
    Family stick figure stickers, I. CAN'T. STAND. THEM!!! I don't know why but I find them instantly annoying when I see one, and I don't like minivans  I'm just not a stick figure sticker and minivan kind of lady I guess.

Oh my gosh YES!! I hate these! I saw a really awkward one once where the mom was an angel :- Not the best way to start my morning commute!! Then there was another one where they had everyone's name under their stick person.  Also ... not so smart lol

• Loading the player...
  • imageLexpectoPatronum:

imageamberdanielle68845:
    Family stick figure stickers, I. CAN'T. STAND. THEM!!! I don't know why but I find them instantly annoying when I see one, and I don't like minivans  I'm just not a stick figure sticker and minivan kind of lady I guess.

Oh my gosh YES!! I hate these! I saw a really awkward one once where the mom was an angel :- Not the best way to start my morning commute!! Then there was another one where they had everyone's name under their stick person.  Also ... not so smart lol

Yes!!! I can't believe people put their children's name out there for anyone to find out, I've seen ones with nicknames too!! However I did see a stick figure family thing I really liked, it was a family running away from a UFO that was shooting at them and underneath it said "I don't care about your stick figure family!!"
  • imageLexpectoPatronum:
    I couldn't find a UO Thursday post from today yet, so I'm creating one myself! I've been saving this one since SUNDAY since I actually thought of one, but now I have one added due to recent events in my area.1. I am seriously annoyed by people who post stuff like "Shouldn't I have gotten my period by now?" Now, you shouldn't have. It's perfectly normal to go over a year without one, ESPECIALLY if you're breastfeeding.nbsp; SO ANNOYED.2. If your child wanders away ... wouldn't you childproof your doors so they couldn't get out of your house? Make sure they were always in sight when they were outside playing? I just feel like this very sad event could have been avoided : https://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/22861875/2yearoldmissinginpolkcountywis

I agree with 2. I remember being at a friends house about 12 ish years ago. Our kids were upstairs playing. All the sudden we hear a loud almost crashing sound. Our husbands jumped up ready to go check on what the kids had broken. My friend and I were laughing when we said they just dumped out the Legos.....same thing when they dumped out another bin of toys. You learn to identify what the kids are doing by the sounds they are making....no sounds from the kids is the scariest and demands an immediate check.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • My UO is that I hate when people go to Walmart or similar store and release their young child or children to the toy section while they go shop and then call a code adam because the child got bored in the toy section and went to watch the movie or play the sample games in the entertainment section or something.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • imagePipSqueak0313:
    My UO is that I hate when people go to Walmart or similar store and release their young child or children to the toy section while they go shop and then call a code adam because the child got bored in the toy section and went to watch the movie or play the sample games in the entertainment section or something.

Ugh yes! To add to this, I used to work in a mall and right outside of the store was a play area. People would leave their kids there unattended and go shop! One time I came upon this little boy, maybe three years old, alone in the store crying for his mom. I helped him find her and when we did she had the nerve to snatch him up and yell at him for wandering off. Needless to say, I wanted to smack her.
    Didn't even get a thank you btw.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"