December 2013 Moms

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm 20 weeks and over the past 4 days I've had what I call "episodes". It's an instant hot feeling all over that makes me feel like I'm going to collapse, followed by slight shaking and cold sweats. My breathing gets funny but once i regain it, the other symptoms seem to go away. The first time it happened I got up to fast so that was easily explained. This time I was just sitting eating my yogurt!

Anyone? I see my doctor today anyway so I plan to ask but just wondering if there is anyone else out there drenched in cold sweat. 

"And the God of all grace... after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is anyone else experiencing this?

• I get something similar to that when my blood pressure drops. Definitely talk to your doctor and see what they think.
    Isabelle born via emergency c-section after her heart stopped 04.29.10
    asthma, astigmatism, amblyopia, allergies, tongue and maxillary ties

Noah born via RCS 12.09.13
    14q11.2 duplication, receptive language and adaptive behavior delays
    multiple health concerns under evaluation
    follow him here: www.facebook.com/lovefornoah

• Anxiety attack maybe? I'd call your doctor and see what they think.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • I'm also getting random faiting spells. Usually eating something, drinking some juice and laying down helps. It's only happened 3 times (last time over the weekend) so I keep forgetting to bring it up to my doctor. Let us know what they say.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagezonastar23:
    I get something similar to that when my blood pressure drops. Definitely talk to your doctor and see what they think.

This! Sounds similar to something I've experienced every now and again, my MW said it's normal since your body has so much more blood volume. Definitely bring it up to your Dr though to rule out anything else!

View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • I would say a drop in blood pressure, but while you're just sitting eating yogurt sounds a bit odd. Let us know what the doc says!
  • It's happened to me as well a couple of times. I usually just need to eat something and sit down. I think I read somewhere recently that it's not uncommon in the 2nd tri. I'd call your OB though, just in case.
  • :::UPDATE:::

So, I went in for my 20 week scan the same day I originally posted this and had an episode IN the office. The Doctor was concerned so he CANCELLED the ultrasound and sent me to L&D.

After the bloodwork and observation, still no reason as to why. My numbers were good, blood pressure good, everything was right where it needed to be, baby was great even though we couldn't see her, so my doctor says: not really sure why this is happening.

And, there's the magical answer. Not really sure. Hopefully it passes though! It's like a 24/7 hot flash with cold sweats. 

"And the God of all grace... after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"