November 2012 Moms

Ergo

So I don't know much about the Ergo except it is pretty favorable in baby carrier world and my husband would use one of we got it.

I didn't know there were different styles. I'm clueless when it comes to carriers. We will be using it mostly on vacation and to county and state fairs.

Any recommendations on what type to get?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ergo

• I think it's based on personal preference, honestly.  Some people like the Ergo Performance because of its lightweight fabric.  It is more comfortable for those who are going to be carrying a baby in a warmer climate.  
    We just have the original Ergo and we love it.  We've used it in hot climates such as Arizona and Texas and in the cold of winter in Chicago with no complaints.  
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • kbl13kbl13 member
    I recently bought the ergo original bc I found it half price at TJ Maxx. I'm really happy with it so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I have the performance and I love it, though I've never tried the original so I don't have anything to compare to as far as the heat goes. I will say that the straps can be a bit scratchy on me if I'm wearing a tank top, but the "pouch" part that L sits in is lined differently, so she always seems comfortable.
    kids with flags
  • I have the original and DD has been getting warm and sweaty in it with the heatwave and humidity we have. But it is very comfortable. I have yet to figure out how to get it on, get DD in it, and latch the back without help from a second person. Anyone that has hints on that please chime in.
  • I got the Ergo Sport which I guess is now part of the original collection. I got it because it was the one that seemed to fit larger people and sounded like it would be best for the AZ heat. I haven't used it other than around the house though but I do love it :). Hubby is 6' 3" and weighs 290 and it just barely fits around him. He didn't try the rest of it cause once he got to that point he was like, yeah no that's ok so I guess I'll be doing the baby wearing :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageExcitedMum2B:
    I have the original and DD has been getting warm and sweaty in it with the heatwave and humidity we have. But it is very comfortable. I have yet to figure out how to get it on, get DD in it, and latch the back without help from a second person. Anyone that has hints on that please chime in.

Youtube is your friend :). I actually just followed the directions and it's pretty easy you just have to make sure those side straps are quite a ways out (the ones you pull that tighten the shoulder straps and sit baby up more).  I first clip the waist belt, center the front and then pick up baby and sit him in it. Hold him with one arm and put the shoulder strap on the other shoulder, and repeat for the other one. Then I follow the strap till I hit the back belt and hook it up. This does mean the front and baby is slightly loose but not so loose that he'll fall out. Then I tighten the shoulder straps. you have to pull these forward to get them to tighten right :). I practiced over the bed just in case something went wrong cause I use it when I'm the only one at home :)  OR... you can just not undo the back one and just open the side straps enough so you can slip it over your head. this means leaving the waist one a little loose so it can slip up and down and then readjusting it and baby together. this lets you hold baby with one arm with doing the adjusting.  takes a little practice and adjusting :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just got the original, since DH won't wear a woven wrap. So far, so good!

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"