Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Any moms of 3?

Any moms of three children happen to be here? I was curious if you could share a little bit about your labor & delivery for your third child. I'm 37wks with my third and my OB nurse told me that I should head to the hospital when my contractions are 10min apart since third time labors tend to progress faster. My first two deliveries were inductions, and I was told not to wait for the really painful contractions that I experienced with inductions since that may put me at the hospital too late in the game.I had been planning on staying home until I was in a lot of pain, so this new piece of information has thrown me in a loop.

If you recently had your third child, did you find that labor and delivery went quickly for you?

Hawaii

Re: Any moms of 3?

• My 3rd was MUCH quicker! Less than 4 hours start to finish. I started labor on my own...2 was induced...and basically started contractions at 45 min apart.
    I would go right away, if I were you cause I almost didn't make it.
    Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was in active labor about 3.5 hours with both my second and third.  I got to the hospital too late to get an epi with my second.  With my third I was having contractions on and off all day, but I was able to talk and work through them.  I started having major contractions at 7pm on my due date where I really had to concentrate on them.  They were making me really nauseous too.  There still were consistent but were really intense, so after only 30 mins of contractions I headed to the hospital so that I wouldn't risk missing out on the epi again.  I got to the hospital at 8 and had him at 10:35, approx 20 mins after they broke my water.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was a scheduled c-section but was having some contractions a few days before. Because it was my 3rd they decided to not send me home because they thought I may progress fast and then it would be a real emergency. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for your input! My goodness ladies, I can't believe how fast your labors were. As if the idea of potentially going into labor on my own for the first time wasn't nerve wracking enough! :)
    Hawaii
  • imagefinallyplanned:
    My 3rd was MUCH quicker! Less than 4 hours start to finish. I started labor on my own...2 was induced...and basically started contractions at 45 min apart. I would go right away, if I were you cause I almost didn't make it. Good Luck!!

Would you say that your contractions were painful, or at least uncomfortable when your labor started?

Hawaii
  • my OB also told me that 3rd babies come quickly!  i wish that were the case, but my 3rd labor was longer than my first two combined!
  • My third came much more quickly for sure. I had gotten an epidural with the first two, and didn't have time for it this time.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My 3rd was my longest labor! My first two were about 5 hours each and my third was 8 hours.
  • My third was fast too. My first contractions were 5 mins apart from the very first one! I went to the hospital 35 mins after my first contraction. Was 5 cm when I arrived, got my epidural a whole 2 minutes before the baby was coming out! 3 hours and 30 mins from first contraction to baby in my arms.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • The midwives at my practice said the 3rd is unpredictable. They either come super fast or do their own thing. In my case, my baby did her own thing. With my second I was at the hospital for 50 minutes before baby was born, so they told me to make sure I was in labor and come down with number 3. I was in the hospital longer with her than the other 2 combined! It was only about 5 hours to go from 5 cm to having a baby, but I've never had to walk the halls or bounce on the ball before. It was the fastest delivery. Broke my water and baby was out 3 pushes later.
  • With my 3rd my water broke 11 days early. From the start of the ruptured membranes to when baby was born was 8 hours but I had no contractions until they started the pit. So from the time they started the pit drip to the time he was born was 4 hours.

Also they gave me too much pit and didnt check me often enough (not for almost 4 hours) so when I got the epi it only worked for 45 minutes.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • My first labor was super fast at just 3.5hrs.  DD2 was a scheduled c/s due to breech.

I went in for my 3rd as soon as my water broke even though I had no contractions yet.  DD3 was born 5hrs later.  OB thinks it was longer because she was 2lbs bigger than either of her sisters

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was induced. From the start of labor to delivery was just under 4 hours.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I had my third child 3 weeks ago.  I spent two and a half hours in the hospital in labor.  Delivery took eleven minutes, which was faster than my first child and slower than my second, but only by a few moments.

I labored at home for a while that morning, but not sure exactly how long it all took since I woke up with contractions.  They just didn't hurt until close to the time we left for the hospital.  When I finally did feel them, they were definitely not as painful as the induction contractions I had with DD2.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"