December 2010 Moms

Anyone familiar with Baltimore?

DH and I are thinking of taking a last minute trip to Baltimore this SundayTuesday because hubby wants to see the US soccer game. I am totally unfamiliar with the area. Anyone have any hotel suggestions? Preferably with suites with a seperate room for DS?Activity suggestions? How's public transportation? TIA!!

Re: Anyone familiar with Baltimore?

• I don't know the area very well, but have been several times.  Where is the game out?  I'm just going to assume it's in the Inner Harbor area for now.

No hotel recs from me as we usually just do a day trip there.  There is a great aquarium in Inner Harbor that you might want to check it.  We went there a couple of months ago and DS had fun.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, it's been almost 20 years, but as a kid, I remember the aquarium being super cool.

Have fun!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • M&S07M&S07 member

I'm not horribly familiar but we went there before DD was born as a stop on the way to DC.  There is pretty much no public transportation that I know of.  We walked alot.  I think there is a light rail that runs close to the O's and Raven's stadium area but I have no idea where it goes.  

I'd stay close to the Inner Harbor.  I think there was a Living Social deal a day or two ago for a hotel.   

• Thanks for the tips. We are going to be staying in inner harbor.
  • I have been in Baltimore twice, but stay with my sister in the suburbs, so I can't really recommend much in terms of hotels.  As far as activities, the inner harbor is pretty nice, the National Aquarium is there, and it is a pretty nice one.  I've heard the zoo there is a disappointment, you'd be better off taking the extra travel time and hitting the zoo in DC (which you can reach from the DC Metro subway).  I can't attest to the transportation either, we just used our car.
  • imageColtsdad:
    I have been in Baltimore twice, but stay with my sister in the suburbs, so I can't really recommend much in terms of hotels.  As far as activities, the inner harbor is pretty nice, the National Aquarium is there, and it is a pretty nice one.  I've heard the zoo there is a disappointment, you'd be better off taking the extra travel time and hitting the zoo in DC (which you can reach from the DC Metro subway).  I can't attest to the transportation either, we just used our car.

We'll have our car too so I don't mind driving as long as there's parking.

• I was only to the aquarium once about 7 years ago, and it was awesome. I researched Baltimore recently, and although I can't give any recs first hand, I heard a lot of good things about the children's museum. Hope you have fun!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The aquarium is awesome, but know that they don't allow strollers. Not sure if you still use one, but just so you're not surprised!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• The aquarium and Port Discovery are both great. The science center is also within walking distance to both of those. 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the recommendations!! I'm thinking we might check out the aquarium one day and do some sightseeing and shopping the next.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"