September 2013 Moms

Where did you buy your crib?

Where did you buy your crib? And which crib did you end up picking & why?
EDD 9/3/13

Re: Where did you buy your crib?

• atcwagatcwag member
    We ordered the Graco Lauren (came with free mattress) at Walmart online.  We chose it because we liked the design, low cost and great reviews.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Target :)  I just went with the reviews that people had of the product. 

image image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We bought at babys r us. Baby Italia Asheville collection we think its so cute!
    Baby#1due
  • We bought ours at Walmart. It was a good price, free shipping, and the style that we both liked
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • We got ours at a local store. It's a Munire (their website tells where they sell locally). It is the quality we were looking for. Very sturdy. Turns into a full sized bed w/ the conversion kit (a really pretty full size that she can have for a long time), and the matching dresser w/ hutch will also be perfect for when she's older.

imageimage

• We got ours (Graco Lauren) at Walmart.  I decided to opt out of the free mattress because it was only an 80 coil mattress and from what I've read that's not firm enough.
  • We got a Storkcraft crib from Walmart in an espresso finish. It was exactly the style we were looking for (modern) and it was only $89 with free shipping.  I can't fathom spending hundreds of dollars on something that I can get much cheaper, and all cribs must pass the same safety standards. It looks great in the room and feels super sturdy. 

We are using DS' old crib mattress so we didn't have to buy a new one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We got the crib and dresser from Baby Depot.  It is the Bebe Dakota collection and felt they were the most sturdy pieces of furniture with a good price. 
  • fabbabygear.com  is where I bought mine.  It's Canadian made and green guard certified.  With all the chewing some kids do on cribs, I wanted to ensure that my crib had zero VOC in case baby is a chewer.  I got the Natart Juvenile Barcelona Classic crib.  It's simple, which I like.
  • Buy Buy Baby - Baby Appleseed Stratford collection. We wanted dark wood and a convertible crib and a style looked good both as a crib and as a toddler / full bed which was important to us as we don't plan on buying her any additional furniture in any near future
  • Buy Buy Baby. It was gorgeous, on clearance, and very sturdy. I still can't believe our luck.
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We got ours at https://www.cribteencity.com/ (well, a local store of that chain).  They're having an amazing sale through the end of the month.  We got a Munire set for a really good price!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We won our furniture.  DHs mom works for Beazer homes and when they sell the model homes, whatever furniture the homeowner doesn't want to purchase they give away to employees.  So she bid on it for us.  It's the same crib we had for DD1, but a dark cherry color.  It also came with a changing table.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker 
    image image 
  • Pottery Barn Kids, I like their furniture, its good quality. And it was the only sleigh design that I felt didn't look cheap.. 

BFP#1.11/2/12-EDD 7/16/13-M/C.11/6/12
    BFP#2 1/2/13 EDD 9/13/13 DS#2 8/19/13!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• To be honest,I don't remember the name of ours. I bought it on Amazon because it was cheaper there than Target and other places. I chose it based on appearance and that it had good reviews. Plus, I wanted a convertible crib.
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • We bought ours at at Babies R Us. It is the Baby Cache Montana Crib. I love it! I printed off a coupon for 20% so I felt like we got a pretty good deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • IKEA - price and smaller size were our big concerns and we are very happy with the Gulliver white crib.
    DS1: 9/4/2013
    DS2: 10/23/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageTally879:
    We got ours (Graco Lauren) at Walmart.  I decided to opt out of the free mattress because it was only an 80 coil mattress and from what I've read that's not firm enough.

This exactly! Ended up with a mattress from Target instead. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jjkayejjkaye member

Target- we also went with the Graco Lauren. Inexpensive, well reviewed, and I like the look.

We'd debated a few more expensive options, but decided this will be temporary furniture (that will be beat up and chewed on and moved and bumped) for us, and we'll invest in a nicer set of furniture when he moves into a big boy bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kje120kje120 member
    We got DS's crib on diapers.com (baby will use the same one).  We got the Davinci Kalani 4-in-1 convertible crib.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    amazon.com....lots of choices, lot of reviews....free shipping and more options
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• wluxwlux member

We chose the Alma Bloom crib in coconut bought it at BBB. Call me crazy but the nursery is all white (walls, crib, shelves...) and the colors are going to come from her toys, books, ect....

We weren't interested in something that turned into a twin bed and we wanted something small.

• mcg512mcg512 member
    We got ours on sale from a local furniture store.  It was a little pricey but its a 4 in 1 convertible so LO will be using that for many many years.  We also purchased a matching dresser that has an attachable hutch on top.  We will be using the dresser without the hutch as a changing table and then adding the hutch to the top in a couple years.  I didn't mind spending more now to have something that we plan on lasting him for the next 10 years or more.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image
  • We bought our's at JCPenney.  It's the Bedford Monterrey collection. I wanted a sturdy convertible and this one fit that requirement.  I fell in love because the back is almost solid, so it will look awesome as it converts.  I don't like the rails all the way around.
    Me:39 DH:41 Married since July 2002
    TTC since 2004 Severe MFI
    2011-12: 2 IUIs: BFN
    IVF December 2012- success!
    DD born 8/16/13 @ 37weeks

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got ours from cribs.com.  We got the Davinci Kalani 4-in-1 convertible crib.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Ours is Bratt Decor and it's called the Venetian. I always knew I wanted an iron crib for boy or girl.
  • imageprayin&dreamin:
    We bought our's at JCPenney.  It's the Bedford Monterrey collection. I wanted a sturdy convertible and this one fit that requirement.  I fell in love because the back is almost solid, so it will look awesome as it converts.  I don't like the rails all the way around.

Same here, just in the cherry wood color. We also got the matching dresser and changing table.  

• We were given a hand-me-down from DH's cousin with DD1. We are reusing it.  It's a beautiful crib and I never have understood the hoopla over a crib's design. This one has never had a recall and has worked very well.  

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • A local store... We got a Babyletto Hudson. We were going to get one at Ikea, but my mom really wanted to buy the crib, and buy something nicer.

• NukkeNukke member
    We got ours from wayfair.com or allmodern.com (same place).  We got it because we wanted a crib that converted from a bassinet since we knew we needed the space.  We live in an apartment and have no room for a crib yet.  Plus we loved the look of the crib.  We wanted something that had low VOCs too, and it's made from solid birch.
  • We bought ours from Stanley Young America.  We bought it for the excellent quality and look. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Freeport by Graco from Walmart.com because it looked nice, was affordable and a a reputable brand.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Baby Appleseed from BBB, we got the Davenport convertible crib in Colonial white.  I just loved how it looked. 
  • The Catalina from PBK - I absolutely love it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have the Million Dollar Baby foothill crib in espresso along with the matching dresser. It was hard to find someone who sold this piece, so we ordered it online from a store called Kids N Cribs. Both my DH and I really liked this one, especially the color and simple strong lines.

• bexsdbexsd member
    Stork Craft Verona from Amazon. I love the way it looks and I think it's a great price for a 4-in-1 ($192).
  • We got ours at Ikea because a: Baby Bargains rates it the highest for inexpensive cribs and b: it's lighter and smaller for our small space. I actually prefer the design of slim profile cribs like Ikea, Bloom, etc. over the big heavy sleigh cribs I saw at BBB.
  • Costco. DH works there so they "held" one for us and give us the price they usually charge for the floor models. I believe it is the Cafe Kid brand.

ETA: it also came with the full conversion kit. I think we paid 200

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"