August 2012 Moms

Smoking vent!

I live on the second floor of an apartment building. Just last week new tenants moved in below us. They smoke on their patio which is right below our living room window. I can set my watch to them which is good because I always know when to shut my windows. 7:05 is usually the first time they go out so I shut my windows at 6:55. Today the go out at 6:45! Why!! Now my apartment reeks!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Smoking vent!

• This was one of the reasons I HATED living in an apartment.  It was the same situation as you, the people below us smoked and we could never have our windows open. 

Would a fan in the window blow the smoke away?  That sometimes worked for us.

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• That's wicked annoying. The main reason I love living in, well, Maine is that they have super strict smoking laws. You can't smoke indoors in most apartments and you have to be like 15 feet away from most restaurants. I'd be so annoyed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to have the opposite problem. We were on the first floor and our upstairs neighbors would smoke on the patio and drop their butts on my patio. Then my dog would pick them up. Not cool.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CRey13CRey13 member
    imagemmdailey:
    I used to have the opposite problem. We were on the first floor and our upstairs neighbors would smoke on the patio and drop their butts on my patio. Then my dog would pick them up. Not cool.

That sticks!

• CRey13CRey13 member
    imagegracie__r:
    This was one of the reasons I HATED living in an apartment.nbsp; It was the same situation as you, the people below us smoked and we could never have our windows open.nbsp; Would a fan in the window blow the smoke away?nbsp; That sometimes worked for us.

Unfortunately, there is not an outlet by the window. And if there was D could probably pull the fan down onto himself.

• CRey13CRey13 member
    imageLgamache90:
    That's wicked annoying. The main reason I love living in, well, Maine is that they have super strict smoking laws. You can't smoke indoors in most apartments and you have to be like 15 feet away from most restaurants. I'd be so annoyed.

Then only rule they have here is not within 25 feet of an entryway. Windows don't count as entryways.

• Same situation in our old apartment, it's so frustrating and gross! Sorry you have to deal with that!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My neighbors used to do the same thing, only instead of using their own patio, they'd sit on the steps to the main entrance of the apartment and smoke, in their pajamas, and you'd have to step over them to get into the apartment. I don't miss it.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Gross! 

I live in a house but they are very close to each other. The house next to me sold and now is rented out.  The renters sit outside and smoke 'various things.' I can't keep S's windows open because all the smoke was going into his room. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a couple of neighbors who smoke, it is so gross. The worst is the guy across the street who smokes around his toddler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"