Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bug spray for baby?

Hello ladies-

I live in Houston,TX where the mosquitoes are INSANE. I'm desperate to get outside (my 3 year old is getting stir crazy in the house) but the mosquitoes are so bad I don't want to take DD2 out (she's nearly 3 weeks old). Anyone have any advice about bug sprays/mosquito repellents that are safe for infants? 

We're scraping the barrel of indoor activities over here lol 

Two under two, here we come!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image

Re: Bug spray for baby?

• The Honest Company has an all natural bug repellent. I just ordered some but have not tried it out yet. They also have sunblock safe for babies under 6 mo.
  • They make nets to go over infant carriers and strollers. Can you go that route?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    We're going to be at a picnic this weekend, and LO has a seat with a net over it, but just in case I got one of those OFF fans to clip onto it
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• MrsR11MrsR11 member

imageMrsRKJ:
    We're going to be at a picnic this weekend, and LO has a seat with a net over it, but just in case I got one of those OFF fans to clip onto it

This. Just make sure no one lifts the net... DH lifted our bet the other day, and then trapped a bunch of mosquitos inside with DS.... Poor little guy has quite a few bites now :(  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • skioskio member
    I wouldn't use a spray under 6m. Ditto the netting and clip on thing.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Brica makes a carseat net cover that I love.  It keeps the bugs out and UVB ays too. We got ours at BRU for like $15.00, and we use it all the time. 
  • Our pedi said no bug spray before 6 months old.  Personally I would take the 3 year old to some sort of indoor play place and let them go crazy!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use one called Bug a Boo.  I haven't used it on my 3 week old but I use it on all the rest of us and it would be safe enough for the baby I just don't go out with him during bug time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I just took my 2 month old to the pedi today and she told me no bug spray or sunscreen under 6 months.
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    My pedi said I could use bug spray on LO but not on his hands and not near his mouth. Don't spray it directly on, spray your hands and then rub on their arms and legs. Also, I've heard that keeping a dryer sheet in your pocket repels bugs. Maybe keep one near LO but obviously keep a close eye so she doesn't play with it or eat it!
  • I think I started using it at 6 months not sure but California baby has a all natural one really good and I'm pretty sure it's deep free:) I think it's 14.99 a bottle but it will last a while :) hope this helps
  • The Environmental Working Group released a helpful guide this summer. The infant recommendation is no repellent before 6 months. More info here:

https://www.ewg.org/research/ewgs-guide-bug-repellents/kids
  • The Honest Company has a great one with no junk in it. For $10 off their products, use this link: www.honest.com/1588 Their stain remover is phenomenal too FYI. Well, all their products are, truly! You can get free samples with that link too.
  • We have these mosquito smiley stickers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"