February 2013 Moms

Joining the Zombie Moms

I have been MIA for a while because we are in the process of moving to Nashville, which by the way, everyone was right and I LOVE it here.  Anyways, I thought me and my baby were going to evade the 4 month sleep regression.  She hit four months and was still sleeping through the night like a champ, and I was thrilled.  Low and behold, this week she has made up for it.  Seriously...sleeps until about 1am and from there on out she is hit or miss.  Sometimes I get an hour sometimes 15 minutes.  Sometimes I give in and bring her into our bed and she sleeps so much better there, but I know I am not helping the situation when I do that.  Her naps suck unless I am holding her, which I sometimes give in and do just so that I can nap too, but I am wondering if that is also making the situation worse.  I just put her down for a nap awake and she did not cry, just kind of talked and whined a little until she fell asleep.  She has no trouble going down or putting herself to sleep at the beginning of the night either.  I don't think the CIO or Ferber method is for us, but I feel like I am working blind here because I have no idea what to do!  Not really a question I guess, just more of a vent to women who will understand.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Joining the Zombie Moms

• Honestly, if she sleeps better in bed with you, I'd just do that. Whatever works! And in the meantime, coffee!!!
  • I totally understand.  I thought we had missed it too.  But since we had to unswaddle (she kept busting out of even the miracle blanket) it has been hit or miss.  Last night was awful and the best (and pretty much only) sleep I got was after I brought her in my bed to nurse at 8am and we slept until 11am.  I don't like having a college kid schedule, but I cannot function with no sleep.  My sister can to some degree and I am jealous, but I just come all apart and it is not pretty.  

Hang in there...it has to get better...right?! :) 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • We're having a simular problem. J has always been a good sleeper. He is very capable of putting himself to sleep (hes been doing so for all sleep for like a month and a half) however the last two nights he wakes after about an hour and cries his head off. It's like he's treating bedtime like a nap. He continues to sleep restlessly the rest of the night, crying on and off. He has never done this before so I'm kind of at a loss.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Last night DD2 slept from 10 until 2:30 without waking up. 4.5 hours. That is the longest sleep stretch we have had in over 2 months. No joke. Some nights she has been up every 30-45 min with an alert phase around 4am, some nights have been "great" and she's only woken every 2.5 hours. It is brutal, but thankfully for you, it doesn't seem to be that bad for most kids. I wish you patience and caffeine. And be kind to yourself. Sleep whenever you can.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• a13049a13049 member
    We thought we ha passed it. Dd wakes up in the middle of the night screaming happy screams and playful. We bring her to bed with us and she talks to the fan and mirror till she gets bored and wants a pack an falls back to sleep

• I'm so scared! DD is 4 mos, 2 1/2 weeks old and hasn't hit this yet. I'm already a zombie! I'm terrified of what will happen when this starts!

Wishing you lots of ZZZzzzs. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"